Prat of the day award goes to me

can’t beat a story I heard from another driver,a driver was filling up with Ad blue,he turned to the guy who told me the story and said ‘‘this Ad blue’s taking a long time to fill up’’ the other driver replied ‘‘if you put the nozzle in the Ad blue instead of the diesel tank it wouldn’t take so long’’ quite funny and true apparently.

P Stoff:
Spoke to an engineer about it and apparently they’ve had it before with someone filling the whole tank with adblue and running it. All they had to do was drain change filter and good to go. The amount I put in he said I should have kept my head down. Trouble is I’m not like that.

Costly week, Oh well…

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Why was it a costly week for you?

Petrol and diesel will mix, so a small amount of the wrong fuel won’t cause a significant issue. Ad-Blue is basically water, which won’t mix with diesel (Ad-Blue/water will sink to the bottom). A cupful or two will simply lie at the bottom of the fuel tank, eventually being captured by the fuel filter (along with a warning light on the dash advising you to drain the water filter). Larger amounts won’t cause any problems provided the tank is drained before any attempt is made to start the engine…

I stuck another 60 quid of deisel in and topped up at quarter of a tank, threw in a bottle of additive for good measure, over 200 miles and no issues, lucky ■■■■■■■ me :laughing:

A mate of mine (Ahem! :blush: ) once put addblue in a hydraulic oil tank by mistake.
In my ….I mean his defence, the oil tank was not where Hydraulic oil tanks for HIABs usually sit but it was next to the diesel tank. After putting in about 5 litres I new something was wrong and stopped and checked.
As quick as a flash I crawled under the wagon to get to the bottom of the tank and close the valve to stop any of the addblue entering the system.
A quick run around to our fitters and we drained the tank and flushed through. The addblue turned the oil into a whiteish sticky substance.
No harm done just the loss of a tank of oil! :blush:

msgyorkie:
A mate of mine (Ahem! :blush: ) once put addblue in a hydraulic oil tank by mistake.
In my ….I mean his defence, the oil tank was not where Hydraulic oil tanks for HIABs usually sit but it was next to the diesel tank. After putting in about 5 litres I new something was wrong and stopped and checked.
As quick as a flash I crawled under the wagon to get to the bottom of the tank and close the valve to stop any of the addblue entering the system.
A quick run around to our fitters and we drained the tank and flushed through. The addblue turned the oil into a whiteish sticky substance.

Who was it than? You or your mate. You speaking mainly from yourself in the text above. Get your story straight.

Tipperdipper1:

msgyorkie:

Who was it than? You or your mate. You speaking mainly from yourself in the text above. Get your story straight.

Irony so easily lost…

Tipperdipper1:

msgyorkie:

Wooooosh! :unamused:

Made me laugh anyway!

I put petrol in an old VW and it conked out on that nasty roundabout in Bracknell. Drained and flushed it out and it ran well until some silly b’steward pulled into me on the A419

Tough as old boots that car was!

Got asked back this week so I guess either they’ve forgiven me or when I turn up I’m going to get ■■■■ plugged and beaten to within an inch of my life

Probably respect your honesty but best lube up just in case.

On a side note I put ketchup in a mayonnaise bottle once, made a nice seafood sauce.

I’ve also put my own special sauce into the wife’s conditioner bottle.

Dipper_Dave:
Probably respect your honesty but best lube up just in case.

On a side note I put ketchup in a mayonnaise bottle once, made a nice seafood sauce.

I’ve also put my own special sauce into the wife’s conditioner bottle.

Ooooh matron

couple weeks ago a new driver filled up his adblue tank with screen wash. The watering can full of screen wash, was beside the adbue main tank, but luckly most went over the floor as he tried to tip it in. Haven’t seen him again :open_mouth:

Was in Spain and my mate asked me to look after his car, diesel 1600. Put a tenner of petrol in before I heard my Mrs screaming “It´s Diesel you effin idiot”
Put 20 of petrol on the top and for the next two weeks the car huffed and puffed it´s way along. Never clapped out, just smoked like FU…
My mate came back and after a couple of weeks he said " I had to get the car serviced, it was a bit smoky and chugging"
Me and the Mrs trying to look innocent as we bought him drinks all night :smiley: