Police spot check

elsa Lad:
Even though I have been in this industry 32 years, I be the first to say I don’t know every rule and regulation in transport so it’s nice to have a site like this to ask. What I am surprised to see is when anyone asks a question there are members who try to make the poster look stupid.

So come on carnt you try and help a fellow member and stop the ■■■■■■■■. Bet i not the only one to think this.

Anyway I would ask the office to photo copy it and you keep the original.

Ill second that.

Funny you dont typically see drivers talking to each other face to face like this,only when they are on the keyboard

drover:

Star down under.:
Here, here, elsa and Robroy. I don’t know why there is so much animosity on this forum. :frowning:

It’s pathetic but just shows the average attitude of a driver these days unfortunately :imp:

I don’t think the members you refer to represent the avarage driver, unfortunately all forums have a certain amount of tactless ■■■■■ in their membership it’s just the way it is.

robroy:

Mazzie:
Genuinely asking - are there no mods on this forum to crack down on the hostile posts?

Hmmm not sure I’d go that far.
I don’t think any forum rules have been broken afaik.
Apart from that, we’re supposed to be hard assed truckers :smiley: ,
If you can’t take a bit of stick, you probably shouldn’t be either on the forum nor in the job tbh.
Best not to take the forum so seriously, it ain’t real life.

There are some snowflakes on here with …‘‘foe lists’’, :unamused: and those who even request posts taken down and removed when things don’t go their way.ffs :unamused: :laughing:
Best just to laugh at it and take it on the chin I reckon than take it THAT seriously.

Mate I can give and take as much sick banter as anyone but some of the stuff on here recently has been needlessly hostile and needlessly personal.

Yes we’re all hard-assed truckers but I can be one without being a ■■■■ to people making their own point or asking their own questions.

“a piece of paper” ? Think you need to give more detail than that for a sensible answer.

If you were going to get fined I’d expect you to have been given a GFP, if it wasn’t that then I don’t see how they are supposed to result in a fine

toonsy:

robroy:

Mazzie:
Genuinely asking - are there no mods on this forum to crack down on the hostile posts?

If you can’t take a bit of stick, you probably shouldn’t be either on the forum nor in the job tbh.

There are some snowflakes on here with …‘‘foe lists’’, :unamused: and those who even request posts taken down and removed when things don’t go their way.ffs :unamused: :laughing:
Best just to laugh at it and take it on the chin I reckon than take it THAT seriously.

Mate I can give and take as much sick banter as anyone but some of the stuff on here recently has been needlessly hostile and needlessly personal.

Yes we’re all hard-assed truckers but I can be one without being a ■■■■ to people making their own point or asking their own questions.

Yeah I thought the idea was to attack the post not the poster? IE no personal attacks?

cooper1203:
OK i was stopped by the police this evening at a spot check, I was given a piece of paper and was told by the copper that i needed to keep it as part of my records he also wrote on it that i had been given a verbal warning for my 2 infringements as i had done print outs etc. When i got back to the yard i was called into the office and had to fill out a form. Tm said they had to keep the peice of paper and that i would be getting fines through the office from the police.

which is true

If it was only a verbal warning its nothing to bother about,if it was serious you would have been given a ticket there and then.
Not sure what was on the piece of paper he gave you, but I presume it was because he had interrupted your tacho.
As for you doing a couple of print outs thats not an infringement,giving the piece of paper to your TM is because you have not kept it for 28 days, willing to be corrected on that,which I more than likely will by look of some of the replies you have had.
Think your TM is trying to wind you up.

lolipop:

cooper1203:
OK i was stopped by the police this evening at a spot check, I was given a piece of paper and was told by the copper that i needed to keep it as part of my records he also wrote on it that i had been given a verbal warning for my 2 infringements as i had done print outs etc. When i got back to the yard i was called into the office and had to fill out a form. Tm said they had to keep the peice of paper and that i would be getting fines through the office from the police.

which is true

If it was only a verbal warning its nothing to bother about,if it was serious you would have been given a ticket there and then.
Not sure what was on the piece of paper he gave you, but I presume it was because he had interrupted your tacho.
As for you doing a couple of print outs thats not an infringement,giving the piece of paper to your TM is because you have not kept it for 28 days, willing to be corrected on that,which I more than likely will by look of some of the replies you have had.
Think your TM is trying to wind you up.

The piece of paper is given out as a standard procedure to show you were checked and for you to produce if pulled again in the next 28 days you will get given it even of there are no infringements

AFAIK the OP is working out of Tesco Snodland who certainly used to have just about the most unpleasant management I have ever met. Most, but not all, were jumped-up, promoted long service ex-drivers who liked throwing their weight about. The actions reported would be true to form. I would advise the OP NOT to confirm that they are still a fixture.

toonsy:

robroy:

Mazzie:

:smiley: You’re preaching to the choir mate, trust me.
I’ve had comments on here about my failed business, my financial past, (going bankruot) and my past personal circumstances as a result of said bankruptcy, attempted to be used to ■■■■ me off…
The cretins who are the perpetrators are so thick that they can’t suss out that the ONLY reason they know these things is because I have freely volunteered the info myself, …So why tf would it have any adverse effect on me. :smiley:

You always get the know alls and the gob ■■■■■ s in any group of men in any walk of life, I’ve had no problems dealing with that sort of ■■■■ in REAL life, so it is hardly going to phase me on a internet forum,. ok annoy,.agitate ? yes,
Give it a second thought afterwards ?a definite NO.

The only thing that would have me wanting to rip somebody’s head off (metaphorically AND literally) is when someone has a go at my wife and/or family, both of which I’ve also had on here would you believe ? :open_mouth:
But maybe that is a mistake on here showing my weakness, due to the more errr…stranger characters on here who have no parameters . :smiley:

As I say it is better leaving all this stuff on the forum to be seen by everybody, to show what certain types of ■■■■ they really are.

I would never report anybody for anything on here, never have a ‘foe list’ (mainly because I ain’t 5 years old :unamused: ) nor ask for a thread to be removed when I discover everybody hates me. :laughing:
As I say…hard.assed truckers don’t do that stuff. :smiley:

Mate I can give and take as much sick banter as anyone but some of the stuff on here recently has been needlessly hostile and needlessly personal. quote toonsy…

gotta agree mate, it starts with a genuine post then 60/70% just post nastiness for no good reason apart from their own agenda to post crap and boost their own little ego’s…
you know who you are so please stop it cause all you are doing is ruining a very good forum… :unamused:

“There are no stupid questions; only stupid answers”.

Sploom:

elsa Lad:
Even though I have been in this industry 32 years, I be the first to say I don’t know every rule and regulation in transport so it’s nice to have a site like this to ask. What I am surprised to see is when anyone asks a question there are members who try to make the poster look stupid.

So come on carnt you try and help a fellow member and stop the ■■■■■■■■. Bet i not the only one to think this.

Anyway I would ask the office to photo copy it and you keep the original.

Ill second that.

Funny you dont typically see drivers talking to each other face to face like this,only when they are on the keyboard

Yeah there’d be blood and snot everywhere.

Verbal warning = no fines.
Piece of paper = no clue.
Fines through the office = see above (no fines).