Pictures of your truck.

The 560 i drive :smiley:

Took this one today.

Danne

newmercman:
Hereā€™s my new one, picked it up yesterday, itā€™s what is known as a glider kit. Basically a brand new cab, chassis, rear axles with an older engine and gearbox. Although this is a custom built glider with a remanufactured engine and gearbox.

The engine is a CAT C15 6NZ with 550hp, itā€™s pre emissions, so no EGR, DPF or SCR and that is the main reason for buying it, the emission engines are ok for the first few years, but then they start playing up and theyā€™re a fortune to repair and thatā€™s if youā€™re lucky enough that they can find whatā€™s causing the problem in the first place.

I got sick of being forced into buying a new lorry every three years, so I got one built to my dream specs, the plan is to keep it forever, I should get 1.2million miles out of it before it needs a rebuild and then it should see me through to retirement, if I manage to last that long myself!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Cor blimey guvnor itā€™s Arthur Negus and his antiques roadshow :laughing: from the man who spent all day Saturday in Volvo Saskatoon with an emission sensor fault , ran to Edmonton yesterday and then tonight in Regina the same fault is showing again on his 2017 truck :blush: .Nice motor btw .

You know what FTTM, after three years of Volvo power it was a huge culture shock getting back in a Pete, tiny little cab, the view out the windscreen is like looking through a letterbox, thereā€™s a pool table sized lump sticking out the front of it, the view from the side window are the exhaust stacks, itā€™s got the turning circle of the QE2 and Iā€™ve already smashed my bonce getting into the sleeper, but then I turned the key and fired it up, slotted the perfectly positioned gear stick into gear and set off and all the compromises disappeared into insignificance, Iā€™d forgotten how nice they are to drive.

Now this will make you laugh, the salesman who was in charge of the build has had a regen switch fitted to it, he said he tried to get the dash display to read ā– ā– ā– ā–  the EPA when you push it [emoji23] [emoji23]

I take it youā€™re back from ā€œthe dark sideā€ cos pulling pikes with that isnā€™t going to be fun ?

No I will still be a one man convoy, or mobile chicane as a great writer once said [emoji41] [emoji23]

I mostly go forwards in a straight line, so it shouldnā€™t be too much of a problem, but I will be practising with one trailer the tight turn out of the yard onto the main road in the land that time forgot, so I donā€™t run over the traffic lights with the back trailer.

Nobody has done it yetā€¦

Excalibus:
My old truck from Aspray BD58 LLT, only had 100 miles on clock when i 1st got her

Shouldnā€™t this be on ā€œPictures of the truck you used to driveā€?

El Deano:
My new steed.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mint! :laughing:

Here are a few Iā€™ve been meaning to upload! Having just moved in to HXX, I got back to the yard last week to be told Iā€™m moving outā€¦ I really wish Iā€™d known that before I unpacked all my kit and food etc :unamused:

I donā€™t know what Iā€™ll get next, but it was nice, even if only for a few days to have a brand new motor. I collected HXX on 19km early doors on Wednesday and dropped her off in the yard Friday on 1210km.

slowlane:
Here are a few Iā€™ve been meaning to upload! Having just moved in to HXX, I got back to the yard last week to be told Iā€™m moving outā€¦ I really wish Iā€™d known that before I unpacked all my kit and food etc :unamused:

I donā€™t know what Iā€™ll get next, but it was nice, even if only for a few days to have a brand new motor. I collected HXX on 19km early doors on Wednesday and dropped her off in the yard Friday on 1210km.

It wasnā€™t you that hit a tipper on Tilbury dock road the other week then. That was a new daf

OVLOV JAY:

slowlane:

It wasnā€™t you that hit a tipper on Tilbury dock road the other week then. That was a new daf

Haha no! I havenā€™t even heard about that on the grapevine!

slowlane:

OVLOV JAY:

slowlane:

Haha no! I havenā€™t even heard about that on the grapevine!

He had a c&h roller bed on. I was overtaking him and as we came round the bend after the grays junction, there was a first available freight tipper broke down in lane one. I slammed the brakes on to let him out but he carried on, swerved last minute and done the front corner on the back of the tipper. He was about 50 ish, thinning fair hair with glasses

My new unit :sunglasses:

Iā€™ve got the inside up to standard, but the outside needs more work. Sheā€™s got a ding on the n/s/f step and a nasty scratch down the side Iā€™m still working on washing the diesel dribble of shame off the tank after whoever used it last weekend gave the tank and the mudguard a thorough dousing. :unamused:

just out the wash ready for memphis

just leaving edge of canada over the confederation bridge back home to prince edward island canadas best kept secret so they say

This is my Daily Bread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imo cant beat the volvos wish i had one over here :smiley:

Seems like youā€™ve stopped dreaming of Oz and have driven there! :grimacing: