Photos of you your lorry and your girl

m.a.n rules:

robroy:
^^^^
How comes you know me so well ■■. :laughing:

ahh you’ll never know… but i suspect your celebrating tonight as sunderland got promoted… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp: :imp:

Nah,.I’ve got no interest in lower league teams. : :grimacing:

Jesus, I hope to god Carryfast doesn’t see this thread with all you drivers off round Europe in your trucks back in the day!

This was me in 1973 with VNL494H. That little girl is 50 next month! At the time it was normal to take the tractor home, strangely the neighbours never complained about the noise when starting early. At that time the ■■■■■■■ wasn’t the easiest to start from cold, not to mention the smoke!
That shot must have been taken just before I got a new Borderer, NTY683M.
Happy days when a decent driver was valued as an asset to the company.
Regards Kev.

kevmac47:
This was me in 1973 with VNL494H. That little girl is 50 next month! At the time it was normal to take the tractor home, strangely the neighbours never complained about the noise when starting early. At that time the ■■■■■■■ wasn’t the easiest to start from cold, not to mention the smoke!
That shot must have been taken just before I got a new Borderer, NTY683M.
Happy days when a decent driver was valued as an asset to the company.
Regards Kev.0

When I worked for National Carriers they let you take your motors home,.and if yours was getting serviced or whatever, you grabbed something out of the yard, from a small van to a unit, this night I grabbed a 180 Gardner SedAtk.

At home I lived opposite a golf course, I still remember firing up this ■■■■ thing on a frosty cold Satyrdsy morning and laughing at these golfers coughing their guts up as they became invisible in all the heavy thick black reek. :laughing:

Not a girl but my boy about 4yrs old in Saudi 1976 in his Oshkosh dungarees (He is 50 in October)

ben_desert.jpg

The coloured junk on the ground are his dinky toys which were perfect toys in the desert

EDIT - just noticed the frisbee as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^ you just can’t buy precious memories like that. Excellent.

My Grand Daughter Laura, She is 35 now, Larry.

My Daughter Dawne, The van was Baxters Road Services whom I worked for in those good old days,Larry.

My 4 year old lad Mike ‘driving’ and 6 year old daughter Taania ‘riding shotgun’ in 1992 in another of my motors…
He’s reversed that well into that offset bay btw. :smiley: