Photo Request - German Atego Artic

ive just done some research and have found out that they have a gross weight of 26 tonnes.

years ago i worked at parceline,and we had an atego tractor unit on demo for a while.we already had actros units in daycab form and the atego was a trial of the straight six engine/8 speed manual box instead of the v6/eps box.it disapeared after a while and a few years later the axor came about.the atego tractor unit was apparently a testbed 32 ton axor,but with the atego cab and badged up as an atego.this would have been about a t/v/w reg.

If you look at the Atego above it is badged as a 824. meaning 8 ton unit (like the 7.5 tonner rigid), which i think has a train weight of 18 ton-ish. The 24 is 240hp.

wally-walton:
ive just done some research and have found out that they have a gross weight of 26 tonnes.

NOT A CHANCE with 3 axles!!! As is pointed out above the 824 designation gives 8 tonnes over the 2 axles on the unit, leaving 18 tonne thru the trailer axle!!! even on a tandem axle trailer thats going some on little wheels!!!

i found that information on www.dft.gov.uk and it aslo gives ypu the gvw’s for most other axle configurations

yup those are 14 tonners, belhaven run about 5 up here on deliverys, Daf, volvo & man supply these as well

No one got any more pics to post of these little big rigs??

My own recent spot on the A14.

Activ Cars 16.09.2010.jpg by benners10, on Flickr

Activ Cars A14 West 16/09/10 by benners10, on Flickr

Activ Cars A14 West 16/09/10 by benners10, on Flickr

a few of the net for you mr 141 i done my time on the volvo fl6-14 urban artics brings back memories :smiley:

Any more spots of Activ Cars mini artics■■?