Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
A consultation period has just opened to end the sale of two wheeled fossil fuel motorbikes :open_mouth: It’s a good job they’re ridding the UK’s public roads of those gas guzzling polluting modes of transport. /s :unamused: airqualitynews.com/2022/07/15/c … s-by-2035/

A consultation with the foregone conclusion that we mustn’t guzzle our own oil so that it can be exported instead.

Can you imagine the hullabaloo if there’s a new record temperature tomorrow in blighty, They’ll be calling for the ban to be brought forward another five years :open_mouth:

All based on the same laughable conflating of false pretexts.In this case using the pretext of normal European Summer hot air blowing in on a Southerly wind.So blame it on CO2 which supposedly means we can’t burn our own oil and gas then we can export it instead.

Oh er missus! Not content with restricting private car use in towns & cities the UTG (urban transport group) planners are now setting their sights on Suburbia to sever car dependency :open_mouth: transport-network.co.uk/A-n … tion/17768

commonrail:
The green party say it’s not enough

Yeah but they’re a bunch of clueless, impractical tree huggin morons.

Full of theory, but blind to reality.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rjan:

The-Snowman:
Well I for one dont think itll happen. I think theres something in the conspiracy theory that the internal ■■■■■■■■■■ engine could have been replaced years ago but the big oil companies quashed any technology that would affect their profits so I cant see them letting this become a realit

Big tobacco hasn’t managed to suppress the battery-powered cigarette. [emoji38]

Tbh I think the truth is not that alternative technologies were ever quashed or suppressed, in the sense of actively working against them to keep the genie in the bottle. The oil and car companies have simply not wanted to invest the effort into rubbing the research and development bottle for alternative technologies, when they could make better profits rubbing the research and development bottle for further oil technology.

So the truth is probably the other way around, that the eco lobby has tried (for the best motives I’m sure) to actively suppress oil technology in order to force oil and car companies to look to the alternatives sooner, and the oil and car lobby has worked to resist the suppression of oil technology by the eco lobby.

The end result might be the same, in the sense oil alternatives are starved of investment and thereby held back, but the change of emphasis makes the oil companies seem a little less sinister, because their behaviour is now clearly underpinned by short-term greed and a complete lack of the strategic foresight that typifies the eco lobby.

When conceived the other way around, as a conspiracy theory, it seemed to be that evil oil men were possessed of a secret, far-sighted strategy, calculated to keep man forever hooked on oil at any cost. With this way of thinking, I guess it is imagined that oil men have a religious attachment to oil, and/or that oil is the only kind of business they are capable of conducting, without wishing or being able to conduct sidelines in non-oil alternatives.

The truth is oil men don’t care about oil - they care about maximising profit, which is a prevalent motive in the market economy and a widely-known political policy (open to scrutiny from the masses), not a secret conspiracy particular to one industry.

Quite right.

So nothing will change. Except we will be paying extortionate prices for using electric cars - which currently for long journeys are inferior and more hassle.

Everything will be powered by electric. From your toaster to your car to your heat pump. (The latter of which dont actually work).

At which point the demand for electric will sky rocket And so will the price .

The demand will result in rationing and set times when you can’t charge cars or use heat pumps.

Sounds a wonderful future. I don’t think.

lancpudn:
Oh er missus! Not content with restricting private car use in towns & cities the UTG (urban transport group) planners are now setting their sights on Suburbia to sever car dependency :open_mouth: transport-network.co.uk/A-n … tion/17768

Bunch of ■■■■■

Keep activities within 15 mins of home. So a dystopia where you are controlled in the name of something that we cannot hope to change

Besides… My favourite activity involves burning petrol in a motorcycle. So these plans are blatantly discriminatory towards me, and others like me.

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

Bunch of [zb]

Keep activities within 15 mins of home. So a dystopia where you are controlled in the name of something that we cannot hope to change

Besides… My favourite activity involves burning petrol in a motorcycle. So these plans are blatantly discriminatory towards me, and others like me.

More like an imaginary pretext to impose pure Communism nothing more nothing less.
They are effectively removing the freedom of travel.Bearing in mind that would also apply to walking and cycling and EVs and turn Cities into prisons for their residents
Next comes forced relocations and seizures of property.

Still doing it

commonrail:
0Still doing it

At least can’t blame Mr. Kahn for that.

Carryfast:

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

Bunch of [zb]

More like an imaginary pretext to impose pure Communism nothing more nothing less.
They are effectively removing the freedom of travel.Bearing in mind that would also apply to walking and cycling and EVs and turn Cities into prisons for their residents
Next comes forced relocations and seizures of property.

I see Glasgow city council are going to be removing the freedom of travel in private cars & moving them down the pecking order yet again. They’ll be employing a chap to walk in front of them with a red flag soon. :open_mouth: airqualitynews.com/2022/08/01/g … ve-travel/

Let’s get this right that bastion of the anti fossil fuel and car use cause the LibDems are now moaning about high petrol prices reducing the demand for …petrol.
The wheels are coming off their pathetic arguments.Its warm because it’s a good Summer but no one can afford to enjoy it with a good road trip because petrol and motoring is being deliberately put beyond economic use.
No doubt they will be moaning about the price of domestic gas in the winter.

thesun.co.uk/money/19373653/ … ol-priced/

Carryfast:
Let’s get this right that bastion of the anti fossil fuel and car use cause the LibDems are now moaning about high petrol prices reducing the demand for …petrol.
The wheels are coming off their pathetic arguments.Its warm because it’s a good Summer but no one can afford to enjoy it with a good road trip because petrol and motoring is being deliberately put beyond economic use.

They’re looking to putting a halt on bio-fuels too because of high food prices, The EU/UK is burning through the equivalent of 19 million bottles of ■■■■ seed oil= 17000 tonnes per day in motor cars of which the majority comes from the Ukraine.
Europe also burns 10000 tonnes of wheat every day in it’s cars in e-fuels too. It’ll be public transport for the majority soon plus you’ve got the Euro 7 emission standard kicking in in 2025 which will see the death of the small affordable ICE car as they’re the most difficult & expensive to get through those new stricter emission tests. Get yer yellow vests ordered soon before they sell out. transportenvironment.org/di … y-in-cars/

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

They’re looking to putting a halt on bio-fuels too because of high food prices, The EU/UK is burning through the equivalent of 19 million bottles of ■■■■ seed oil= 17000 tonnes per day in motor cars of which the majority comes from the Ukraine.
Europe also burns 10000 tonnes of wheat every day in it’s cars in e-fuels too. It’ll be public transport for the majority soon plus you’ve got the Euro 7 emission standard kicking in in 2025 which will see the death of the small affordable ICE car as they’re the most difficult & expensive to get through those new stricter emission tests. Get yer yellow vests ordered soon before they sell out. transportenvironment.org/di … y-in-cars/

But it’s ok to cover fields in solar panels and risk losing more to nuclear disaster.

The ‘Fit for 55’ & the Euro 7 emission standard has been postponed again until October, An announcement of the details were supposed to have been in July.
They’re still negotiating terms. “The Parliament, however, has made it clear that it sees no role for e-fuels in passenger road transport, arguing they should be reserved for hard-to-electrify transport modes such as the aviation and maritime sectors.”

“Beyond Fit for 55, two other pieces of legislation are set to make a splash in the coming months: the release of CO2 emission standards for heavy goods vehicles and the publication of the much-delayed Euro 7 standards on air pollution from passenger vehicles.” euractiv.com/section/aviati … otiations/

lancpudn:
It’s getting pricey out there for electric car owners to fill up on electrons, The price of using a public rapid charger has risen 36% in the last eight months alone :open_mouth: The average price as of May 2022 is 49p/kWh :astonished: voltonomics.com/2022/05/24/36-i … -8-months/

Blimey! Instavolt’s new EV public charging prices are going up on the15th August to 66p/kWh :open_mouth: Glad I don’t have to use them.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

But it’s ok to cover fields in solar panels and risk losing more to nuclear disaster.

We’re in for huge disruptions in the coming years! Don’t forget the ‘fit for 55’ & Euro 7 will include the transportation sector which will come under the ETS for the first time ever. (the UK’s ETS is tied in with the EU’s ETS) which will mean oil companies selling fuel will have to buy carbon credits of which the price will be passed onto the motorist making it even more exorbitant in price. cer.eu/insights/how-make-ne … -consumers

World politics have been driven by oil for the past 100 years or so but that’s all about to change in the coming decades with the shift to electricity for transportation needs, Countries wont have to be at the mercy of the petro countries because they can generate electrons locally via renewable methods which are becoming cheaper than fossil fuel production YOY. The need for electricity will drive present & future politics, No more energy/oil wars, what price the vast military hardware of the USA in the coming years! there will be no need to fight over it soon because lets face it the USA armed forces are only there to make sure the oil flows.

[I see Glasgow city council are going to be removing the freedom of travel in private cars & moving them down the pecking order yet again. They’ll be employing a chap to walk in front of them with a red flag soon. :open_mouth: [airqualitynews.com/2022/08/01/g](https://airqualitynews.com/2022/08/01/g) … ve-travel/]
airqualitynews.com/2022/08/17/s … oming-lez/

Here’s the vehicle checker for the Glasgow LEZ lowemissionzones.scot/get-r … on-checker

lancpudn:
[I see Glasgow city council are going to be removing the freedom of travel

^ That’s the end game.At least for anyone who isn’t in with the WEF.
Good luck with fuelling the EV at £1 per kWh or even keeping warm and cooking (disregard all my previous figures in that regard I was way behind the speed of the agenda ).
Obviously way less than 10 years to the nuke fuelled all electric utopia.
So they can export all of our oil and gas.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
[I see Glasgow city council are going to be removing the freedom of travel

^ That’s the end game.At least for anyone who isn’t in with the WEF.
Good luck with fuelling the EV at £1 per kWh or even keeping warm and cooking (disregard all my previous figures in that regard I was way behind the speed of the agenda ).
Obviously way less than 10 years to the nuke fuelled all electric utopia.
So they can export all of our oil and gas.

Yeah they’ve making ICE vehicles public enemy number one in towns & cities. I typed in my Rover 75 details & it didn’t meet the criteria, so much for people using their classics for a trip into town, I wonder what’s going to happen when the Euro 7 standard comes out! Will the lowest level required (Euro 4 petrol, Euro 5/6 diesel) turn into Euro 5 & Euro 7 overnight. :question:

They might need to win the upcoming high court case after Greenpeace & the Human Rights people are taking the UK government to court over them recently approving gas extraction licences for the Jackdaw gas field in the north sea. :open_mouth:

According to Franglais our new pro fossil fuel PM and energy minister are going to make a screeching U turn and V8 petrol Range Rovers will rightly be selling like hot cakes for the foreseeable future.

lancpudn:
Ford now separating it’s ICE & BEV into separate businesses with new names, ‘Ford blue’ for their combustion engines & ‘Ford model e’ for their electric cars. :open_mouth: That smacks of distancing the two sides for when the brown stuff hits the fan & the ICE side of the business is bogged down with enormous stranded assets. electrek.co/2022/03/02/ford-ann … ic-future/

I wonder how this business model will pan out in the UK/EU with a ban on ICE’s in 2030UK EU2035. Ford are splitting their business into three separate businesses Ford blue (ICE vehicles) Ford Pro (Vans HGV’s) Ford e ( BEV’s), Telling their dealerships to spend £1million of their own money to train & install rapid chargers at all their sites will see a lot of dealerships go to the wall.
I should imagine they will have to cut the middleman out & sell directly online to compete with Tesla’s business model to get costs down.
electrek.co/2022/09/14/ford-set … o-sell-evs