Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

lancpudn:
MG Hot hatch coming to town this year called the CyberE, It’s just started rolling off the SAIC production lines in China. “According to MG, the CyberE will be released on the latest EV platform which supports level 3 autonomous driving, a smart cockpit, and 5G connectivity.” :sunglasses:
It’ll be a pocket rocket too with these specs. “It comes in either a 288 hp twin motor configuration or a 284 tri-motor setup and is already on sale in European markets.” :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: carnewschina.com/2022/05/16/mg- … pete-id-3/

Let’s add to China’s military budget what could possibly go wrong.
A 500 hp 3.5t Transit would leave it standing and go further and have more room for some decent lounge seats and a Tele while waiting for it to charge.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
MG Hot hatch coming to town this year called the CyberE, It’s just started rolling off the SAIC production lines in China. “According to MG, the CyberE will be released on the latest EV platform which supports level 3 autonomous driving, a smart cockpit, and 5G connectivity.” :sunglasses:
It’ll be a pocket rocket too with these specs. “It comes in either a 288 hp twin motor configuration or a 284 tri-motor setup and is already on sale in European markets.” :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: carnewschina.com/2022/05/16/mg- … pete-id-3/

A 500 hp 3.5t Transit would leave it standing and go further and have more room for some decent lounge seats and a Tele while waiting for it to charge.

The Chinese BEV automakers are coming to Europe/UK in numbers starting this year, SAIC, JAC, Geely NIO, X-peng ORA, Leap motor, Great wall motors, MG with top notch BEV’s the western car makers can only dream of making, The Legacy automakers are going to be so screwed, Even Herbert Diess CEO of VAG group says they’re going to dominate here.
A recent start up electric car company named Leap Motors has launched a car that’s outselling Tesla cars YOY at a fraction of the price.

The Leap Motor CO1 sedan has a 90kWh battery with 700km’s of range 550 hp & a 0-60 mph time of 3 seconds flat :open_mouth: at the starting price of $26,770 in China, When it gets to Europe/UK it will still be a country mile cheaper than Legacy auto. Ferrari performance for a fraction of the price any car western car makers could make. carnewschina.com/2022/05/12/lea … 26770-usd/

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

The Chinese BEV automakers are coming to Europe/UK in numbers starting this year, SAIC, JAC, Geely NIO, X-peng ORA, Leap motor, Great wall motors, MG with top notch BEV’s the western car makers can only dream of making, The Legacy automakers are going to be so screwed, Even Herbert Diess CEO of VAG group says they’re going to dominate here.
A recent start up electric car company named Leap Motors has launched a car that’s outselling Tesla cars YOY at a fraction of the price.

The Leap Motor CO1 sedan has a 90kWh battery with 700km’s of range 550 hp & a 0-60 mph time of 3 seconds flat :open_mouth: at the starting price of $26,770 in China, When it gets to Europe/UK it will still be a country mile cheaper than Legacy auto. Ferrari performance for a fraction of the price any car western car makers could make. carnewschina.com/2022/05/12/lea … 26770-usd/

China has also stated the intention of taking back Taiwan by force.While we impose ‘sanctions’ on Russian fossil fuel over Russian ’ aggression’ in Ukraine, and China takes the Russian fossil fuel that we turn back and we also export North Sea oil and gas resources to China.

It’s getting pricey out there for electric car owners to fill up on electrons, The price of using a public rapid charger has risen 36% in the last eight months alone :open_mouth: The average price as of May 2022 is 49p/kWh :astonished: voltonomics.com/2022/05/24/36-i … -8-months/

lancpudn:
It’s getting pricey out there for electric car owners to fill up on electrons, The price of using a public rapid charger has risen 36% in the last eight months alone :open_mouth: The average price as of May 2022 is 49p/kWh :astonished: voltonomics.com/2022/05/24/36-i … -8-months/

That’s more or less in line with the increase in domestic electricity prices.Obviously even that being subsidised by the around 100% increase in gas prices just as Boris promised.
Good luck with road fuel duty and 20% VAT added to the 50p per kWh.
This is what we’ve all supposedly voted for.

Blimey! Get a load o this, Fiat have just announced they’re going fully electric in the UK from the 1st July 2022 :smiley: :astonished: They are removing all non electric cars from dealers forthwith, I thought this wasn’t going to happen until 2030. :open_mouth: electrive.com/2022/05/31/fi … k-by-july/

lancpudn:
Blimey! Get a load o this, Fiat have just announced they’re going fully electric in the UK from the 1st July 2022 :smiley: :astonished: They are removing all non electric cars from dealers forthwith, I thought this wasn’t going to happen until 2030. :open_mouth: electrive.com/2022/05/31/fi … k-by-july/

Seems to be in line with Boris’ policy of making us dependent on his uranium and lithium fuelled utopia at 50p per kwh so that he can export our oil and gas resources ‘elsewhere’.
Let’s just say that I won’t be sending the petrol Zafira for scrap at leas than 55,000 miles to buy a new Fiat EV in August.

lancpudn:

I think you’re confused. When I read it I understood they will continue to sell hybrids, so not that remarkable?

stu675:

lancpudn:

I think you’re confused. When I read it I understood they will continue to sell hybrids, so not that remarkable?

No I ain’t confused Fiat stated that in this report not me.

lancpudn:

stu675:

lancpudn:

Perhaps you could quote the specific words upon which you based your opinion?
I used :- “This will take effect from 1st July 2022 with the whole Fiat range now to be exclusively available in electrified forms, from hybrids to fully-electric vehicles.”

A hybrid, which they will continue to sell until 2027 is not what you described as "fully electric "

stu675:

lancpudn:

stu675:

lancpudn:

Perhaps you could quote the specific words upon which you based your opinion?
I used :- “This will take effect from 1st July 2022 with the whole Fiat range now to be exclusively available in electrified forms, from hybrids to fully-electric vehicles.”

A hybrid, which they will continue to sell until 2027 is not what you described as "fully electric "

Read it again, I didn’t describe it as such, It was written that way by Fiat UK not me. If you have a problem with the wording of the article get in touch with Fiat UK, It’s not my job to change a companies wording.

lancpudn:
Blimey! Get a load o this, Fiat have just announced they’re going fully electric in the UK from the 1st July 2022 :smiley: :astonished:

I thought these were your words and the link was Fiat and/or Electrive. I couldn’t see the word Blimey in the article.

stu675:

lancpudn:
Blimey! Get a load o this, Fiat have just announced they’re going fully electric in the UK from the 1st July 2022 :smiley: :astonished:

I thought these were your words and the link was Fiat and/or Electrive. I couldn’t see the word Blimey in the article.

It’s a badly worded announcement from Fiat UK for sure, I thought it was the Electrive journalist mistake but other media outlets have the same worded article.

lancpudn:

stu675:

lancpudn:

It’s a badly worded announcement from Fiat UK for sure, I thought it was the Electrive journalist mistake but other media outlets have the same worded article.

I can’t find the words “Blimey! Get a load o [sic] this, Fiat have just announced they’re going fully electric” in any other article. In fact Top Gear hasn’t used clickbait and is very clear that they will continue to sell hybrids. topgear.com/car-news/electr … rs-uk-july

stu675:

lancpudn:

stu675:

lancpudn:

I can’t find the words “Blimey! Get a load o [sic] this, Fiat have just announced they’re going fully electric” in any other article. In fact Top Gear hasn’t used clickbait and is very clear that they will continue to sell hybrids. topgear.com/car-news/electr … rs-uk-july

Yes, the resident doom monger seems to have got that wrong but no matter, I wouldn’t consider buying any sort of Fiat anyway as they make instant landfill vehicles.

bigstraight6:
Yes, the resident doom monger seems to have got that wrong but no matter, I wouldn’t consider buying any sort of Fiat anyway as they make instant landfill vehicles.

Ah! the resident moaner seems to moan about owt he cant comprehend about what’s going to happen to transportation in the UK. How is paraphrasing an article I didn’t write wrong? No matter eh! It’s going to be the biggest upset this generation will ever see in how, when, where we travel & what type of vehicles we’ll drive in the near future.
Never mind eh! Stick your head in the sand & hope it all goes away, Just like a lot the legacy car & truck manufacturers have done & are now running around like headless chickens. Hey there’s always playstation, you’ll soon be able to drive any car/truck you like in the virtual world.

lancpudn:

bigstraight6:

Ah! the resident moaner seems to moan about owt he cant comprehend about what’s going to happen to transportation in the UK. How is paraphrasing an article I didn’t write wrong? No matter eh! It’s going to be the biggest upset this generation will ever see in how, when, where we travel & what type of vehicles we’ll drive in the near future.
Never mind eh! Stick your head in the sand & hope it all goes away, Just like a lot the legacy car & truck manufacturers have done & are now running around like headless chickens. Hey there’s always playstation, you’ll soon be able to drive any car/truck you like in the virtual world.

I can certainly comprehend what a dullard you are, isn’t there a more suitable forum out there for you to grace with other like minded individuals?

lancpudn:

bigstraight6:

Define ‘legacy manufacturers’.
The EV agenda is a mission which inevitably means commercial suicide for many of them if they DON’T ignore it by keeping the faith with ICE powered vehicles.
Bearing in mind that ICE powered vehicles aren’t dependent on fossil fuel use.
But unlike EVs can also be returned to fossil fuel use when your nuke fuelled utopia implodes economically and/or explodes literally.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

bigstraight6:

I can certainly comprehend what a dullard you are, isn’t there a more suitable forum out there for you to grace with other like minded individuals?

Well this is a transport forum in which all the upcoming new regulations & new emission standards will effect so yeah I’m in the right place, If you don’t like what I write then don’t read them.

There’s been a tsunami of lobbying at Brussels over the proposals for the upcoming new emission standards the likes of which have never been seen before it’s been reported.
The EU lawmakers have decided to back the ban on ICE from 2035 in Europe (UK 2030) The lobbyist have been wanting a 90% reduction in emissions instead of the 100% which would have left the door open for bio-fuels etc to be used in combustion engines but that door has been closed on them & rejected too, The voting/lobbying continues. Looking like EV’s or nowt up to now. :open_mouth: Attached to that law will require Paris accord countries to install millions of vehicle chargers.