Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

@Carryfast. “They searched and they said zb that and ran off to the nearest used car sales outlet to ditch the depreciating, increasingly worthless diesel for a petrol motor.While moaning about the opportunist price increases at the pumps after the ‘fuel shortages’ ended when the government saw they weren’t having the desired effect.As opposed to totally crashing the economy given another 3 or 4 weeks of it.
5-10 years time is going to look a bit silly when fossil fuel prices have reduced to the point where India and China are a fossil fuel consumers’ paradise like the US was in the 1960’s, while electric only goes north of 26p per kwh + those inconvenient taxes for the mug westerners who’ve swallowed the CO2 cooked Venus narrative.
Until a nuclear power station goes rogue in a big way.That will be the final nail in this scam.”

Norway are to ban new ICE vehicles in 2025 five years sooner than the UK & reading the reports from there they reckon the last new ICE vehicle could be sold this year three years early :open_mouth: The sales of new ICE have fallen off a cliff & it’s said it’s not worth the car importers time importing low numbers of new ICE vehicles into the country. I saw a Norwegian youtuber say the price of once expensive flagship German diesel cars are dropping rapidly in price there & people are looking at exporting them to other countries to get a better price for them. motor-no.translate.goog/aktuelt … o=nui,elem

lancpudn:

mac12:

lancpudn:
More battery electric cars were sold in the year 2021 than the period from 2016-2020 combined “190,727 new battery-electric vehicles were registered, along with 114,554 plug-in hybrids, meaning 18.5% of all new cars registered in 2021 can be plugged in” airqualitynews.com/2022/01/06/2 … ev-uptake/

Could that be because they have stopped us buying petrol and diesel cars

Yep upcoming emission mandates like the ETS which will start in 18-24 months time that will bump the prices of petrol/diesel up & the panic scenes at petrol stations last year over “fuel shortages” Weren’t the google stats a week after that fuel shortage debacle around 1500% rise in BEV google searches :open_mouth: Sign of things to come in 5-10 years time?

Really? I’m sure that ‘1500%’ rise in BEV searches (if it exists) would not figure in the vast numbers of working people in this country dependant on AFFORDABLE used ICE vehicles to go to work and contribute to the economy not to mention how they use their vehicles to go shopping, eating out, leisure pursuits to name a few while all the time doing this contributing to the coffers with fuel duty and road fund licence.

How will this continue? How will the enormous drop in revenue be replaced? Care to offer an answer?!

lancpudn:
@Carryfast. “They searched and they said zb that and ran off to the nearest used car sales outlet to ditch the depreciating, increasingly worthless diesel for a petrol motor.While moaning about the opportunist price increases at the pumps after the ‘fuel shortages’ ended when the government saw they weren’t having the desired effect.As opposed to totally crashing the economy given another 3 or 4 weeks of it.
5-10 years time is going to look a bit silly when fossil fuel prices have reduced to the point where India and China are a fossil fuel consumers’ paradise like the US was in the 1960’s, while electric only goes north of 26p per kwh + those inconvenient taxes for the mug westerners who’ve swallowed the CO2 cooked Venus narrative.
Until a nuclear power station goes rogue in a big way.That will be the final nail in this scam.”

Norway are to ban new ICE vehicles in 2025 five years sooner than the UK & reading the reports from there they reckon the last new ICE vehicle could be sold this year three years early :open_mouth: The sales of new ICE have fallen off a cliff & it’s said it’s not worth the car importers time importing low numbers of new ICE vehicles into the country. I saw a Norwegian youtuber say the price of once expensive flagship German diesel cars are dropping rapidly in price there & people are looking at exporting them to other countries to get a better price for them. motor-no.translate.goog/aktuelt … o=nui,elem

Yep major oil and gas exporter Norway.While imposing punitive fossil fuel taxation at home.
Diesels are worthless everywhere nothing to do with EV’s but the realisation that the downsides of diesels are more than their 30% fuel efficiency advantage is worth.
If everyone wants an EV why would the governments need to impose punitive penalties and quotas to stop the sale and purchase of fossil fuelled ICE powered vehicles.
The truth is few if any want this scam and even less voted for it.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

mac12:

lancpudn:
More battery electric cars were sold in the year 2021 than the period from 2016-2020 combined “190,727 new battery-electric vehicles were registered, along with 114,554 plug-in hybrids, meaning 18.5% of all new cars registered in 2021 can be plugged in” airqualitynews.com/2022/01/06/2 … ev-uptake/

Could that be because they have stopped us buying petrol and diesel cars

Yep upcoming emission mandates like the ETS which will start in 18-24 months time that will bump the prices of petrol/diesel up & the panic scenes at petrol stations last year over “fuel shortages” Weren’t the google stats a week after that fuel shortage debacle around 1500% rise in BEV google searches :open_mouth: Sign of things to come in 5-10 years time?

Really? I’m sure that ‘1500%’ rise in BEV searches (if it exists) would not figure in the vast numbers of working people in this country dependant on AFFORDABLE used ICE vehicles to go to work and contribute to the economy not to mention how they use their vehicles to go shopping, eating out, leisure pursuits to name a few while all the time doing this contributing to the coffers with fuel duty and road fund licence.

How will this continue? How will the enormous drop in revenue be replaced? Care to offer an answer?!

It’s all there on the first pages of Google searches regards the enormous rise(1600%) in BEV searches on the following day after the fuel shortage became common knowledge on the 24th Sept 21. jvne.com/uk-fuel-shortage-leads … 18252.html

Since I’ve been reading this stuff about the decarbonisation of the UK transport system in 2015 the underlying message has always been this.

When the draft environmental bill came out they stated in 2019 that Quote …“we don’t want to swap 40 million ICE cars for 40 million big electric cars” :open_mouth:

Getting people out of private cars to lessen congestion has always been their next priority. The government is going to spend £billions on public transport infrastructure over the next ten years with bus, tram & train all integrated which will allow passengers to connect with all forms of public transport to get where ever they’re going & make it easier to pay through phone apps.
Greater Manchester transport authority will be one of the first to set this in motion greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk … t-network/

lancpudn:
When the draft environmental bill came out they stated in 2019 that Quote …“we don’t want to swap 40 million ICE cars for 40 million big electric cars” :open_mouth:

Getting people out of private cars to lessen congestion has always been their next priority. The government is going to spend £billions on public transport infrastructure over the next ten years with bus, tram & train all integrated which will allow passengers to connect with all forms of public transport to get where ever they’re going & make it easier to pay through phone apps.
Greater Manchester transport authority will be one of the first to set this in motion greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk … t-network/

Which seems to totally ignore the fact that they would prefer to use their car than the bus.Just as I did when I started driving which meant around an hour max commute in a nice comfortable car door to door.In addition to an enthiusiastic liking for car culture during my time off.
As opposed to leaving the house before 6 am as part of a two hour commute involving 3 different bus routes and changes including almost the whole 281 bus route.Then the same to get home.Also no car culture to spend my hard earned wages on.
This isn’t supposed to be a miserable soviet style basket case however much the useful idiot melons want it to be.

I see another car manufacturer Citroen has reduced the price of it’s EV’s to meet the lower UK grant limit of £32k & has also announced with Immediate effect that petrol or diesel passenger versions of Berlingo and SpaceTourer models will no longer be available in the UK only the EV versions . :open_mouth: fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … e-versions

Just been doing the shopping at a brand new Aldi store a few miles away from me & noticed they have a line of 7kW chargers in the car park that can also charge to 22kW. They’re free from what I can make out but have a timed session as to how long you can stay on one, I need to get a 5 meter 32a type 2 to type 2 charging cable for these types of public chargers (you don’t need cables for DC fast chargers) When I got this MG EV 12 months ago the cables were priced from £150-£200+ but now you can pick them up from the same Aliexpress site I used to get my 32a 7kW home from for £89.04 delivered :open_mouth:
It wont take long in free charging sessions doing the weekly shop to recoup that price with the high cost of electricity nowadays.

I get to try out Greater Manchester’s new guided bus way system tomorrow from Atherton as I’m going to Manchester with my sister on it. youtube.com/watch?v=y7PsMAmAz34

lancpudn:

I get to try out Greater Manchester’s new guided bus way system tomorrow from Atherton as I’m going to Manchester with my sister on it. youtube.com/watch?v=y7PsMAmAz34

What a surprise.The anything but Green narrative seems to be moving away from that of just a change in the fuelling options for private car use, to the totally different one of forcing the use of public/mass transport.
By the title of the topic we ‘should’ still be able to buy a new Hydrogen fuelled V8 ICE powered Merc estate or Range Rover after 2030.The agenda says nothing about having to use the bus.

It was a good trip into Manchester this morning. I usually go on the train to Manchester but this Vantage bus service is just as quick, All the traffic lights are in the buses favour & you just sail right along, Loads of cyclist using the tarmac path that runs parallel to the bus tracks.

Get a load o this! Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse France has brought out a new law for Car commercials. Car commercials in France must now tell people to walk or bike instead in order to reduce transportation emissions. :open_mouth:
A bit like Gamble aware or the health warnings on packets of ■■■■ :open_mouth: I wonder when it’s coming to blighty.
breakingwide.com/car-commercial … emissions/

Public transport is wonderful if you live in a area that has it but what if like me you live somewhere that doesn’t. I live 17 miles away from my work and I’m a signaller so without people like me the trains won’t run

lancpudn:
It was a good trip into Manchester this morning. I usually go on the train to Manchester but this Vantage bus service is just as quick, All the traffic lights are in the buses favour & you just sail right along, Loads of cyclist using the tarmac path that runs parallel to the bus tracks.

Not much use for anyone who lives a mile or two from the bus routes/stops with heavy bags of shopping or DIY materials.Or the family motoring holiday.
While road planning and traffic lights phasing being rigged to disincentivise private car use is nothing new.
Great for the employer classes though they can reduce wage expectations by putting their workforce back on bicycles and the bus just like the 1920’s.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Not much use for anyone who lives a mile or two from the bus routes/stops with heavy bags of shopping or DIY materials.Or the family motoring holiday.
While road planning and traffic lights phasing being rigged to disincentivise private car use is nothing new.
Great for the employer classes though they can reduce wage expectations by putting their workforce back on bicycles and the bus just like the 1920’s.

…and flog off the works car park for redevelopment…

fodenway:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

The definition of useful idiot turkeys voting for Christmas.

fodenway:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

It makes you wonder if those petrol stations within CAZ’s plus the new ICE car ban in 2030 will remain viable as dedicated petrol stations, Shell has been converting them over to EV charging hubs in quite a few locations across the country, I’d have thought locations like this Shell petrol station in Fulham would have been worth more money to developers but I should imagine the clean up & removal of under ground tanks on that land from decades of fuel use on it would be very expensive to dispose of!!! insideevs.com/news/559069/shell … -charging/

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

What a surprise.The anything but Green narrative seems to be moving away from that of just a change in the fuelling options for private car use, to the totally different one of forcing the use of public/mass transport.
By the title of the topic we ‘should’ still be able to buy a new Hydrogen fuelled V8 ICE powered Merc estate or Range Rover after 2030.The agenda says nothing about having to use the bus.

You only need to read the headlines on most transportation sites regards where private car usage is heading and we’re nowhere the date when a lot more brown stuff will hit the fan in 2025.

New measures for parking levies. fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-in … rking-levy

CAZ’s forcing employers to consider alternatives to private car use. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … to-the-car

Significant reduction in car usage wanted as cost of congestion is revealed. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … n-revealed

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

You only need to read the headlines on most transportation sites regards where private car usage is heading and we’re nowhere the date when a lot more brown stuff will hit the fan in 2025.

New measures for parking levies. fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-in … rking-levy

CAZ’s forcing employers to consider alternatives to private car use. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … to-the-car

Significant reduction in car usage wanted as cost of congestion is revealed. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … n-revealed

What’s more worrying is the fact that none of this could be/is being imposed by a government that needs to face democratic accountability.This is all the stuff expected of a rabid Green on the outside red on the inside Soviet style regime.
This far left extremist agenda won’t stop with taking our cars away from us which is bad enough.Basically they are getting away with a far left dictatorial coup they want to take away and control our freedom of movement and transport, our food and our housing.
In this case using an understated false fuelling change to fool the masses as to the real agenda going on here.
The whole petrol and diesel thing is a laughable red herring in which just a simple change to Hydrogen fuelled ICE instead of petrol and diesel would meet the supposed ruling.
There’s still time to see these tin pot extremists for what they are and run them out of office.

Renault announced today that they will be an electric only car manufacturer by 2030, They’re bringing back the much heralded Renault 5 model in BEV form :sunglasses: malaymail.com/news/money/20 … 30/2034998

Another EV charging company Gridserve is upping it’s ev charging prices with immediate effect rising from 30p/kWh to 39p/kWh for their medium power chargers (60kW) & their high powered chargers (up to 350kW) are rising to 45p/kWh. fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ling-costs

lancpudn:
Another EV charging company Gridserve is upping it’s ev charging prices with immediate effect rising from 30p/kWh to 39p/kWh for their medium power chargers (60kW) & their high powered chargers (up to 350kW) are rising to 45p/kWh. fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ling-costs

So the equivalent of around £4 to do 25 miles at 2.5 miles per kwh + road fuel duty and 20% VAT + battery costs.
Bearing in mind that most cars can manage around 30 miles on a £7 gallon ‘including’ road fuel duty and 20% VAT.
Assuming hydrogen for the equivalent price of diesel becomes reality as stated, there will be a lot of EV manufacturing investors left with egg on their faces.
It’s up to the manufacturers whether they want to sink with the failed EV idea or swim by keeping the faith with ICE powered products, which can remain compliant with rules post 2030 and which their customer base clearly wants to keep and which will be the only way to sustain present taxation revenues without financially crippling that revenue stream.