Peripherique cop - urban myth?

well that at least confirms there was a rumour and i hadn’t dreamt it all - mind you the main lad i remember telling me the story was not to be trusted, as we say - if he said good morning you’d look out the window to check :laughing:

jj72:
well that at least confirms there was a rumour and i hadn’t dreamt it all - mind you the main lad i remember telling me the story was not to be trusted, as we say - if he said good morning you’d look out the window to check :laughing:

so you know blue eagle as well then

well i thought it would not be long before this subject came up so i will put you all out of your misery. the original storey about the ginger (geordie) cop was
made up by Bobby Brown and Arthur Frazer on mckellers in the mid 70s
to see how long it was before somebody met him it was prefabricated
one boozy night in Aosta and it was not long before this guy was a legend
i have even heard of him being in Calais Bobby brown was a great guy but was also a great prankster and i was there when this fantasy was born
so i have first hand info on it. now all you guys who claim to have met him
i believe it was after 24 hours behind the wheel and we all know what happens
then i will say no more. but how many of you guys went by way of the boogaloo
into ITALY now this IS a interesting topic. :question: :unamused: :unamused:

BOOGALOO!! By God that brings back memories. Do you remember that old steam lift just outside LANSLEBOURG that took you up to the top of the CENIS. How during the winter months when the snow lay thick and the only road up to the top was being used as a ski run how we had to Q for that 'ol bugger. The noise that that thing made was enough to start avalanches. The BOOGALOO!! Well Well Well. 'OL GRAVEL GUTS

I think that you are taking the mick, Steam indeed. It was electric. In fact it was solar powered. We haven’t all come up the river on a bike you know.

sorry charlie one, the other two posts were correct, it was in fact steam driven, the electric lift you mention was just a prototype, but they found that when they loaded arthur fraser and another old boy called bob cairns on the lift together the motors overheated, so it was converted to steam on the orders of the health and safety, it is still being used, but now it just brings the cows down for milking from the top. mind you its not a bad thing its finished because we were easy pickings for that scouser crs that used to wait for us to come off the lift, anybody remember him?

CRACK ON TO MACON:
well i thought it would not be long before this subject came up so i will put you all out of your misery. the original storey about the ginger (geordie) cop was
made up by Bobby Brown and Arthur Frazer on mckellers in the mid 70s
to see how long it was before somebody met him it was prefabricated
one boozy night in Aosta and it was not long before this guy was a legend
i have even heard of him being in Calais Bobby brown was a great guy but was also a great prankster and i was there when this fantasy was born
so i have first hand info on it. now all you guys who claim to have met him
:question: :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

fpmsl now this is going to get interesting.

vastly exp:
oh yes its not a myth i even spoke to him,the police pulled me one morning right on the nape of the A1 and the terrorferique at port bangolet,had a bit of banter some small discusion,i remember one officer asked me for the papers so being clever i gave them the daily mirror,they wernt amused,papers for the camion he scowled i gave them to him,then he spoke scottish,no problem and carried on,.

and how do we explain this one as well…

SUPERCUBE:
yeah i remember him well, he rode around paris on a mcbmw, he stood out cos he was the only filth in france wearing a kilt.

or this one…

TIR Original:
AI dont know if we are all talking about the same copper but in the early 70’s I came across one. I had broken down (only a small problem) just south of Paris on the A6 on my way to Lyon. While I was making running repairs who should turn up but “Pinky & Perky”. One stood by his bike and the other took off his helmet revealing a head of ginger hair. He came back to me and in quite a soft voice for a very big man, asked if I was British.(in a Scottish but not strong accent) Ireplied yes and he asked if there was anything he could do to help. I told him no thank you but that I would soon be on my way. He then asked me if I could do him a favour. Wondering where this was going I said “If I could”.
All he wanted was to know if I could bring him out some Capstan Full Strength cigarettes. I did this on a regular basis for quite a period contacting him either by phone or calling into the small Gendarmerie between the north and southbound lanes of the A6 just a few k’s south of the peripherique.
Can honestly say, hand on heart that I never had any problems around Paris and was always paid for the cigarettes. Struck up quite a friendship with Hamilton,for that was his name and the other coppers called him" Hamie"
As for the kilt? No such thing always wore full leathers! By the way he had a georgeous french wife. She used to come and meet me at the “Restop” to pick up the ■■■■ sometimes.

so is he a myth or not :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

No he surely was not a MYTH,he was a mister.

charlie one:
No he surely was not a MYTH,he was a mister.

monsieur surely. he was a honorary kermit.

Mon Dieu You are correct mon ami He was an honoury kermit but he spoke English with a broken Scottish accent Allegedly.

uh-oh - feels like i’ve started an argument in an old folks home… “during the wowa” :wink: :laughing:

He has to exist he just has to…I believed that story for years…oh well at least I still have Santa!!

Of course he exists. And so does Santa And the tooth fairy,I’m leaving mine out tonight in a glass by the dide of the bed.

So what killed him?

A pair of maniac Oirish boys or lung cancer?

I think he faded slowly into the myth.