Peak District.

Well Dennis Ive just been informed that two of the Chinook Pilots were both Foden Drivers before they joined the RAF, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry, Mind you Dennis I could handle a good old Foden but I dont think I could manage a Chinook. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: .

Donā€™t expect to see young Dan anytime soon- thereā€™s still free grub at Whaley Bridge according to my spy.

And why not, Free grub, Dan the man is fixing the dam, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Best Sirloins I would say plus all the trimmings of course, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Retired Old ā– ā– ā– ā– :
Donā€™t expect to see young Dan anytime soon- thereā€™s still free grub at Whaley Bridge according to my spy.

Canā€™t blame him for that! Down here in the Derbyshire Dales we get very little in the way of handouts so he might just as well make the best of the generosity handed out by the very affluent residents (Lexus owners etc) who reside in ā€˜Millionaires Rowā€™ aka the High Peak region. Of course they have the advantage over us of bordering Cheshire which, as we all know, is populated by some of the wealthiest folk in the British Isles. Some of their residents even provide free (repeat FREE :open_mouth: ) breakfasts for poor down at heel O/Dā€™s from the dales area, their generosity surely knows no bounds?

Pete.

windrush:

Canā€™t blame him for that! Down here in the Derbyshire Dales we get very little in the way of handouts so he might just as well make the best of the generosity handed out by the very affluent residents (Lexus owners etc) who reside in ā€˜Millionaires Rowā€™ aka the High Peak region. Of course they have the advantage over us of bordering Cheshire which, as we all know, is populated by some of the wealthiest folk in the British Isles. Some of their residents even provide free (repeat FREE :open_mouth: ) breakfasts for poor down at heel O/Dā€™s from the dales area, their generosity surely knows no bounds?

Pete.

In your dreams Pete , as old Sam Longson said " youā€™ll not get rich by giving it away " . We are naturally " careful " with our money up in the clouds . I do make an exception for the Breakfast Club though as it is my turn to pay next . Iā€™m saving my pocket money up already .

Free grub last night ,lasagna mugs of tea and cake ,free overnight parking and a free shower in the sailing club :laughing:

Thereā€™s regular police patrols to stop your type sneaking under the cover of a hi viz vest and filling your doggy bag :laughing:

Another new lorry

Punchy Dan:
Another new lorry

Well ROF, at least one member of the dynasty isnā€™t afraid of spending their cash! :laughing: They seem a popular truck these days, things must have improved to the build quality of them.

Pete.

windrush:

Punchy Dan:
Another new lorry

Well ROF, at least one member of the dynasty isnā€™t afraid of spending their cash! :laughing: They seem a popular truck these days, things must have improved to the build quality of them.

Pete.

Very nice motor , but it wouldnā€™t get under the railway bridge where Dan has been going in Whaley , needs a proper lorry for the job .

windrush:

Punchy Dan:
Another new lorry

Pete.

I doubt it, Pete. The ā€œDiamond of Doomā€ only appeared in numbers at Stevoā€™s due to the ridiculously cheap lease deals that they were offering in Trafford Park. They were reliable enough and fairly decent on fuel, especially when they brought in the semi-auto boxes, but several of us at the sharp end just couldnā€™t get the driverā€™s seat into a comfortable position. It just about finished my poor old back!
And tell Dave Iā€™ll have an extra egg on mine, please! Too much to hope that DP will use some of the grub money heā€™s saving to fulfil his obligations?

FB_IMG_1568720257790.jpg
A minky

Phillip Gregory from Bonsall ?,photo from Paul Gee / Deanb .

I suppose I could put these pics on, although I didnā€™t take any of course. Gough Transport Limited of Matlock (later Wirksworth) my last employer for five years and the one I enjoyed working for the most. Happy days! :smiley:

Eric Gough with his new Dodge

Fortunately this last ERF had just been sold to George Maxwell from Tissington when I went there! There was an earlier B series six wheeler as well at one time.

Ericā€™s last new Foden, later sold to an OD at Cliffe Hill when the firm closed down. Mine was similar but with a larger engine. The Late Jim Fearnā€™s maroon Foden also in the pic, plus one of Dale Transports from Parwich who still have fleet of tippers.

Pete.

Today

Posh graphics for a scrap bin!

Posh lorry for a scrappie, too - and very expensive I would imagine!

Funny position for the second steer, weight distribution for heavy bins I should think, and a topline cab on a rigid. Special build or a stretched tractor unit? Either way, deffo not a budget motor.

Steve

Youā€™ll probably have noticed that most modern crane-equipped lorries have the second axle set back in the same manner, although most of those are of considerably longer wheelbase. As you surmise, itā€™s all to do with weight distribution.

Youā€™ll probably have noticed that most modern crane-equipped lorries have the second axle set back in the same manner, although most of those are of considerably longer wheelbase. As you surmise, itā€™s all to do with weight distribution.

Young Danā€™s second axle is set very well back ROF! :laughing: I guess it also gives a better turning circle on an eight legger.

Pete.

Yes, Pete. If it was any further back it would be on the trailer!