Peak District.

Chris Webb:
Mullan Brothers were from Chesterfield and ran a lot of Leyland Octopussies. They did a lot of work out of the Avenue Plant at Wingerworth amongst other places. I remember seeing them as a kid going over Wadshelf, Stoney Middleton and Peak Forest,piled high with coke and greedy boards bulging.
There’s a picture of one of them on here somewhere.

Hi i’m new on here so here goes My late father worked for Mullan’s when i was a small child his name was Robert Jackson they all called him Bob we lived in New Whittingham at that time and can remember him calling home one day in his mickey mouse foden 8 wheeler being parked outside our house what memories i’ve the photo of them all parked up in a row and i wonder which one was his cheers Dave

For BonkeyDollocks.
Oily

Tarmac CovLtwt cc by nc nd 2.0 5700963615_9e487916e4_ocovltwt.jpg

Nice one Oily. That’s in Dennis Moulding’s ownership and waiting to be restored. Original Cliffe Hill quarries breaker.

davidjackson4
Take a look at the Mullan of Chesterfield thread there are some photos of there Fodens on their with drivers maybe your Dads one of them.

Mullans fleet line up of Fodens

Foden making its way through Trafford Park.

1977 and Belaz Kraz dumpers, no location for the first pic, second one at Longstone Edge.
Oily

A couple of (not very good) pictures of our Belaz dumpers:

Loading on the face at Mercaston sand quarry

and lined up in the yard at a weekend

Steve

I had a Belaz dozer (I think) demo for a week, BRIGHT orange it was like a T34 with armour n turret off

Ste46:
A couple of (not very good) pictures of our Belaz dumpers:

Loading on the face at Mercaston sand quarry

and lined up in the yard at a weekend

Steve

Steve I cleaned the first one up a bit but not seen the second one.I think these pics were put behind plastic Could you send me the last one and I’ll have go at it
I’ll send some of those I’m still working on but I reckon I have 20yrs for my 100th so Hurry up.
Will you be at the Salt Box Sun.

Tony

Photo on the way, Tony.
Wasn’t there today - still in the sun! Charlotte went with the boys and she sent me some very nice pics. Whose is that very nice black ERF in Banks’ brewery livery?
She says that the one-and-only Mr Wakefield was there, too but without any of his fleet, which he said was a bit poorly!
Will be back for several weeks early next month, so we will have to nip over to Longford and see if we can wake him up!

Steve

Some George Bloomer photos for Dan.They were sent to me by Gordon Howarth,now in his 80s who worked for George after leaving my old firm,A E Evans at Sheffield.George Bloomer was latterly based at Barlborough and pulled the pin on his company a few years ago…

I know Barlborough is not strictly Peak District but it is in Derbyshire… :grimacing:

bloomer4 - Copy.jpg

bloomer 34.jpg

bloomer28.jpg

bloomer33.jpg

bloomer6.jpg

bloomer32.jpg

bloomer14.jpg

bloomer30.jpg

Nice pics., Chris. Mike. :smiley:

thelongdrag:
Nice pics., Chris. Mike. :smiley:

Thanks Mike. I had an 8 year old ERF E14,D801 PHD with twin splitter when I worked for him and I have to say it were one of the best wagons I ever had in spite of it’s age.You either loved the twin split or hated it,I loved it.

Some good lorries there Chris ,I remember singing the blues and blue suede shoes .

Punchy Dan:
Some good lorries there Chris ,I remember singing the blues and blue suede shoes .

Mine were “See yer later alligator”.Wish I’d taken a photo of it,it were nearly as quick as the TL12 Marathon I had at Evans,and it stopped when you put yer foot ont footbrake,unlike the Leyland. :laughing:

No doubts these may already be on here somewhere unless photobucket has cleared them off.
They are not my photos by the way but I think they deserve to be on this thread who’s ever they are.

Further to my earlier pics of our Belaz dumpers, here’s another one on the track at Mercaston

Thanks to Tony (Rastone) for the pic.

Steve

A few photos taken on the Jolly Boys Road Run through the Peak District

Stanfield:

Barring the Hoyner trailer not a bad un amongst them

coomsey:

Stanfield:

Barring the Hoyner trailer not a bad un amongst them

It’s not a Hoyner coomsey , it’s a Neville ,I’ve pulled a few of those in the day . Dave