PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

The Mammoth Majors were a nice bit of kit I think,a bit more character in those days when you carried more blankets on the engine cover than you had at home.
Norman Young has a Mandator in Taymix colours.
Dean,I really must learn how to use this forum properly and post some pictures instead of just comments and make a contribution! :unamused:

Dorset:
The Mammoth Majors were a nice bit of kit I think,a bit more character in those days when you carried more blankets on the engine cover than you had at home.
Norman Young has a Mandator in Taymix colours.
Dean,I really must learn how to use this forum properly and post some pictures instead of just comments and make a contribution! :unamused:

You are right about the blankets on the engine cover,remember my grandads trucks having them.

You need to find a nipper as they are normally very good on computers and will show you how to post. Like everything its easy once you have
dont it a few times. Will send you a PM.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

They had a few warehouses around Poole and on the quay Buzzer. Heres one a good few years later.

Don’t let Bewick see the sheeting :open_mouth: cheers Ray

Adge Cutler and the Wurzles were not a Dorset group they were originally a Somerset group thats why they sang about cider Adge was killed at Chepstow returning home from a gig at Wormlow in Herefordshire.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Oh dear. Looks like Taylor Woodrow guys are going to pull it out according to the billboard

Buzzer

Buzzer

352221493_6304614389615354_7944716606467852531_n.jpg

Buzzer

Hi Dean know anything on this outfit ? Buzzer

Buzzer:
Hi Dean know anything on this outfit ? Buzzer

For some reason i dont remmeber these Buzzer which is a bit odd as i am sure they use to come through Poole. I wonder if they were
taken over by someone like Central Road Transport.

Been a bit busy with various things the last few years to have time to carry this thread on. But things have changed now so we will crack on
again.

Some pics from 2006.

BSW Harvesting Volvo Fl10 which i assume was taken in Craven Arms.

Someone may recognise the colour scheme or reg on this Volvo FH12 ■■

Tidy Foden cement mixer of Chris C Hazel Haulage. No idea where they are based ■■

Three Volvo’s in a line with a Biffa in the middle. Anyone recognise the front motor ■■

Tidy Scania, looks like Payne & Sons from Brierley Hill on the door.

I reckon Paul Gee must have taken a good 200 pics of Owens trucks from Llanelli.

W.L.R. Gwilt ERF bulker. Had one of these on ages ago,very strange name. Cant remember where they were based ■■

Anyone know who operated this Volvo FL10 car transporter ■■

Says North Africa and Europe on the front of this ERF so possibly an ex Eric Vick motor ?

Smart Scania 113 of Dawsons of Wales. Not sure where they were based in Wales ■■

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

An early Ailsa advert who first imported Volvo trucks featuring a G88.

Dyson trailer advert from 1964 featuring a Leyland Super Hippo.

trls dyson leyland super hippo 64p.PNG.jpg

East Kent Packers Leyland Super Comet from 1970.

east kent packers leyland drawbar 70p.PNG

When Bedford rules the world for exports back in 1964/5.

A Mammoth Major doing a bit in Australia in 1961.

Commer advert from 1967.

Suttons Transport from St Helens always run a smart fleet and back in the 60s,70s were a large customer of Atkinson trucks.
Heres a few of there trucks and an intresting article from 1964.

A02729.JPG

A02592.JPG

A02984.JPG

L2084p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read. 1964.

Clipping 1962.

atkinson suttons 1962.PNG.jpg

Clipping 1968.