PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Leyland loaded with wheelbarrows ■■

Is this another one of Eaton’s Steam ■■

No Dean, the Maggie was definitley not one of Eatons fleet

Whites MAN tipper seen here in Poole.They run fair few tippers from there quarry between Wimborne and Poole. It is now a large
landfill where all the dustcarts go.

Andrews Plant ERF tipper from Wareham.

Anyone recognise the DAF bulker ■■ Looks like an extra axle has been fitted to the trailer for 38 tons. IMP in the background.

Western BRS Scania.

Shell Roadtrain. Whats the car following ■■

Seddon Atkinson 401 of Charles Trent who had a scrap yard. The scrap business must have been quiet as it looks like they are doing
traction work here for Truckline containers on Poole docks.

British Salt Foden followed by a Leyland Bison of RMC and it looks like a Millers blue van in the background.

Marley Tiles Volvo F7 who had a depot in Poole.

JAKEY:
Love the Brs Scania, i think that one was a Bridgend motor .

Cheers JAKEY, heres a clipping of a BRS contracts Seddon from 1967 operating from Wales.

1967 wales brs psw.PNG.jpg

windrush:
The car looks like a Vauxhall 101 Victor or 4/90. Regarding ties; Tilcon issued ties to to the workers although by the time I started there they had all gone. Some of the older drivers wore them though. There were also mugs, matches, ashtrays, those Lone Star Foden half cab models and other such regalia issued! :slight_smile:

Pete.

I can remember seeing a fair few drivers still wearing ties when i was a kid Pete,definately old school. :wink:

robthedog:
British Salt Foden followed by a Leyland Bison of RMC and it looks like a Millers blue van in the background.

Unusual headlamp set up on the Foden they normally had single headlamps the size of dustbin lids on those.
Definatley a Millers pie delivery Merc

Well spotted Rob. :smiley: Looks like British Salt fitted there own as heres another. I dont think they were a Foden option as dont remember
seeing them on another Foden,but i am sure one of the Foden experts will know ■■

british salt foden.PNG

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, The car behind the Shell Leyland Roadtrain is a Vauxhall Victor of the 101 or 4/90 range, mid sixties. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Cheers Ray, that’s what Pete reckoned as well. :smiley:

Stickman:
Photo of RMC driver Ross Cassidy’s Bison at Dark Lane, Blackfield.

Nice pic “Stickman” there’s a fair few of those on here. :smiley: Heres a bit more that you may find intresting. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

dave docwra:
“Ray Smyth” Hi Dean, The car behind the Shell Leyland Roadtrain is a Vauxhall Victor of the 101 or 4/90 range, mid sixties. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Its an FC Victor which was sold as a 101, as apparently it had that many improvements over the previous FB series.

Thanks for the comment Dave. :wink:

MaggieD:
Hi Dean,
I hope you are well, the Little Canford Mercedes in the photo I purchased new in 1975 for a round timber contract I had,I also met my wife at the same time as she worked for Spartrucks the Mercedes dealer,I’ve still got my wife but sold the truck when I started doing International transport.

Regards
Richard
LPG Transport DAF tanker parked up at Poole lorry park. Little Canford Haulage Mercedes from Wimborne who are no longer in business.

Hello Richard,small world chap. “Still got the wife” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Nice pic of it on the timber. Can you remember how much that motor cost back then ? Heres another shot of it in Little Canford’s colours. :wink:

Hi Dean,

From memory it was £6750,I was going to have another Leyland Super Mastiff from Sparshatts,John Sparshatt R.I.P. called round and said don’t do that we are just starting Spartrucks a Mercedes dealership and you can have the Mercedes for the same price as a Leyland,so the deal was done.

Regards
Richard

Thanks for the info Richard,sounds like a very good price. :wink: How did it compare with the Super Mastiff you had before ? :unamused:

coomsey:
Stroll on “coomsey” looks like all my years of training have finally paid off on you,good pic chap
:bulb:

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Richard,didn’t you have this Renault,seen here at Jurby in Isle of Man?

You did well to remember that Chris. :wink:

steam:
“DEANB”

Is this another one of Eaton’s Steam ■■

No Dean, the Maggie was definitley not one of Eatons fleet

Thanks for confirming “steam” :wink: There seemed to be an awful lot of blue tippers running around the Poole/Bournemouth area
back then. I imagine alot were owner drivers so there must have been a large company that run blue tippers ?

Virador Foden.

Massey Wilcox always have had a good colour scheme.

John Pearce DAF.

Heygates Flour Foden.

Innovate Logistics Volvo.

One of Buzzer’s. (Think i put this on your page a while back)

Border Stone tidy Volvo FM draw-bar.

R.C.Curtis ERF bulker from Poole.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Lloyds Animal Feeds ERF bulker.

The Foden of British Salt was possibly there own conversion as the original 11" headlamps were useless really. However there was also an adapter plate available with two 7" lamps mounted side by side which fitted in place of the original lamps, Foden dealers usually kept them in stock.

Pete.

DEANB:
Mansel Davies Volvo on a miserable day.

Dyfed Steels DAF. See there rigid motors around my area alot.

H & N Bounds Volvo bulker.

Griffiths Transport MAN.

B.J.Clarke Scania bulker looks brand new in this pic.

You dont see that many Volvo 8 wheelers with the larger cab apart from those on machinery removals etc with a crane on.
Alan Price one with 2 Michelin men which you dont see that often these days.

Anyone know where the Arthur Bros DAF is from ■■

Trevor, AE Gough & Sons plain but tidy Volvo bulker.

T.Richard Jones Volvo. Thats some achievement 75 years in business as of 2010,hope they are still going ■■

H.Morgan tidy DAF.

Hi Dean ,the Griffiths MAN are based at Suckley nr Worcester ,they have been going for years started with livestock ,but do alot out of Bulmers Hereford ,great stuff as usual Dean ,regard Keith

Are there many landfill hauliers around the Bournemouth area , we are currently sending empty motors down to Bournemouth and taking waste to somewhere near Milton Keynes. Our planner doesn’t have a car licence ans it shows.
I’ve just lost 8 hours of my life doing my dcpc on line. What a farce he started playing videos because we completed the course early , probably because we already knew what he was teaching us. He has been a driver for 5 years and knows what he’s talking about ffs

ramone:
Are there many landfill hauliers around the Bournemouth area , we are currently sending empty motors down to Bournemouth and taking waste to somewhere near Milton Keynes. Our planner doesn’t have a car licence ans it shows.
I’ve just lost 8 hours of my life doing my dcpc on line. What a farce he started playing videos because we completed the course early , probably because we already knew what he was teaching us. He has been a driver for 5 years and knows what he’s talking about ffs

There are Ramone but Dean and Buzzer are your go to blokes for that information. Something worth considering though is taking a load of rubbish down that way and reload Bournemouth back to MK.

Kempston:

ramone:

There are Ramone but Dean and Buzzer are your go to blokes for that information. Something worth considering though is taking a load of rubbish down that way and reload Bournemouth back to MK.

We have a place in Bournemouth which is part of our group and why on earth we are sorting their transport out is beyond me but it would be a decent job for a local haulier i dont think we pay bad rates , we dont have anything to go down that way it goes to Ferrybridge as RDF

ramone:

Kempston:

ramone:

We have a place in Bournemouth which is part of our group and why on earth we are sorting their transport out is beyond me but it would be a decent job for a local haulier i dont think we pay bad rates , we dont have anything to go down that way it goes to Ferrybridge as RDF

What you really need is someone that’s run down that part of the world loaded and do a return load back up, you could try Sherwoods, they run a lot of waste lorries, may have something down that way tipping bark or wood chips etc, Heverin are from around Luton area, junction 9 actually, you can see their yard from the M1, they get around a bit, A & J Bull used to run down that way a fare bit so someone must be doing their work now.

windrush:
The Foden of British Salt was possibly there own conversion as the original 11" headlamps were useless really. However there was also an adapter plate available with two 7" lamps mounted side by side which fitted in place of the original lamps, Foden dealers usually kept them in stock.

Pete.

You would have thought that those lights would have been brilliant looking how big they were. Thanks for the info on the conversion. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

Griffiths Transport MAN.

Hi Dean ,the Griffiths MAN are based at Suckley nr Worcester ,they have been going for years started with livestock ,but do alot out of Bulmers Hereford ,great stuff as usual Dean ,regard Keith

Thanks for the info Keith,heres a Bulmers Volvo. :wink:

Thanks for your comments “ramone” and “Kempston”.

Pete Smith knows an awful lot about the waste business so possibly worth having a chat with him ramone. But if your company has an
office down here seems odd that they cant sort something out. :unamused:

Daz, One of your favourite companies Don Bush Constructor.

Holmere Transport have always had a nice colour scheme.

New Renault chassis.

I think the next 2 pics were taken around the Sandbach area.

New Haulmaster Foden on trade plates.

New ERF B series also on trade plates. Looks like a Leyland FG behind.

Furnell’s AEC wrecker seen here leaving its base on Poole docks which is the building behind the lamp post.

Seddon Atkinson 400 Esso tanker seen here at St Leonards near Ferndown.

Elliotts Foden seen here at Ferndown and heading back towards base.

Mike Lawrence heavy haulage DAF.

J.H.Rose Mercedes from Gillingham,Dorset. As far as i can remember they never operated many artics and usually operated rigid tippers.

You would have thought that those lights would have been brilliant looking how big they were. Thanks for the info on the conversion.
"Never as so much given so little to so many " to quote Sir Lucas Lamp, Dean. You nearly got as much light out of the sidelights. Cheers coomsey

DEANB:
Virador Foden.

Massey Wilcox always have had a good colour scheme.

John Pearce DAF.

Heygates Flour Foden.

Innovate Logistics Volvo.

One of Buzzer’s. (Think i put this on your page a while back)

R.C.Curtis ERF bulker from Poole.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Lloyds Animal Feeds ERF bulker.

Hello DEAD <Border Stone were from Trewern near Welshpool ,but finished some years ago ,thank you Trevor

DEANB:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
The tank being pulled by a DHL unit would be for carrying acids,the shroud would lessen the spill risk - at least that’s what I reckon. The hazchem label has a flammable and a corrosive diamond but I can’t make out the UN code.

Reckon you are right Chris. :smiley: Dont remember ever seeing one like that, but probably have and forgotten… :unamused: :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Daz, Corrals Routeman whos yard was just as you entered Poole docks.

Hi Dean a few cracking photos tipppers and Corrals Routeman i love all these on this thread that you posted on here tonight :smiley: :wink:

Remember seeing there Routeman’s Daz as most trucks weighed off in Corrals yard as they had a public weighbridge and were situated
on the road into the docks,so was often in there as a kid in my grandads motors. :wink:

tastrucker:
“Kempston”

Don’t know if this is the same firm as the second photo (nmp) but if it is the telephone code on the side is from the Mold area.

Hello DEAN ,yes RJs are from Greenfield near Holywell ,they haul out of the Kingspan ,their yard is next to it ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :smiley:

coomsey:
Same builder?

Can’t say as I’d fancy an heated depository, but each to their own :confused:

Stroll on “coomsey” looks like all my years of training have finally paid off on you,good pic chap. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
“coomsey”

Same builder?

That is one smart looking bit of kit and years ahead of aerodynamics on a big scale.

Indeed “Kempston” :wink: I have mentioned before that most sizeble tons had a body builder in them back in the 1950s/60s.There were
hundreds of small body builders that people have never heard of. We had one in Wimborne called Bundy’s and they would be building a tipper body one week and a pantecnicon the following week. Unbelievable skill,workmanship and those fellas could do literally anything. Unfortunately all
that skill has long one. :cry:

albion1938:
I came across the unit later in it’s life when I was on holiday in the Lakes, late '70s IIRC. It was part of a travelling theatre. Later still it went into preservation as a recovery.

Bernard

Good pic Bernard,nice when you can tie up an advert with a pic. I wonder if its still about ? :wink:

Mrsteel:
Dean B
Good afternoon, the Seddon with the short tandem behind it looks to be loaded with steel so it could belong to Claytons of Rogerstone nr: Newport who used to work out of Llanwern , but I may be wrong.
Regards, Allan

Yes i think you are right looking at it again Allan,nice one. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

MDW DAF tipper. Hey Dean ,good to see you back ,MDW have some new Volvos but no graffiti !! Looking forward to Pauls efforts down Usk way ,thanx MT

Thanks for the comments “MANTRONIC” :wink: You obviously have not been paying attention chap ! :smiley: Paul has been in Newport all this week
sat on his favourite rock taking photos. He tells me he snapped 1700 photos !! Mind you will be a while before we see those as we are still posting pics from the 2000’s. :laughing: :wink:

0Hey Dean ,in know that rock it is near the Transporter bridge ! Look forward to 1700 pics down Usk way ,Paul will certainly capture the best in South Wales from that spot ,cool !! MT

kmills:
Stelrad was the company that made domestic / household steel radiators - I just googled ‘Stelrad Vulcan’, apparently they were the hot water heater side of the business.
I remember Stelrad having a manufacturing site somewhere in Thanet - Ramsgate I think, but could be wrong.

Cheers, Keith

Thanks for the info Keith,good stuff chap. :smiley:

Mrsteel:
K Mills
Hello, just reading your post on Stelrad . You are correct about the plant in Ramsgate, I used to deliver steel there from South Wales back in the day.
Cheers, Allan

:wink:

tyneside:
There was a conversation about Hillman Imps a couple of pages back

Tyneside

Thanks for the pic “tyneside” :wink:

DEANB:
Mansel Davies Volvo on a miserable day.

Dyfed Steels DAF. See there rigid motors around my area alot.

H & N Bounds Volvo bulker.

Griffiths Transport MAN.

B.J.Clarke Scania bulker looks brand new in this pic.

You dont see that many Volvo 8 wheelers with the larger cab apart from those on machinery removals etc with a crane on.
Alan Price one with 2 Michelin men which you dont see that often these days.

Hi dean,arthur bros from Newport they been around for years used to pull steel from island steel and whitehead Newport

Trevor, AE Gough & Sons plain but tidy Volvo bulker.

T.Richard Jones Volvo. Thats some achievement 75 years in business as of 2010,hope they are still going ■■

H.Morgan tidy DAF.

coomsey:
“DEANB”

You would have thought that those lights would have been brilliant looking how big they were. Thanks for the info on the conversion.

"Never as so much given so little to so many " to quote Sir Lucas Lamp, Dean. You nearly got as much light out of the sidelights. Cheers coomsey

:laughing: :laughing:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Hello DEAD <Border Stone were from Trewern near Welshpool ,but finished some years ago ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

MDW DAF tipper. Hey Dean ,good to see you back ,MDW have some new Volvos but no graffiti !! Looking forward to Pauls efforts down Usk way ,thanx MT

Thanks for the comments “MANTRONIC” :wink: You obviously have not been paying attention chap ! :smiley: Paul has been in Newport all this week
sat on his favourite rock taking photos. He tells me he snapped 1700 photos !! Mind you will be a while before we see those as we are still posting pics from the 2000’s. :laughing: :wink:

Hey Dean ,in know that rock it is near the Transporter bridge ! Look forward to 1700 pics down Usk way ,Paul will certainly capture the best in South Wales from that spot ,cool !! MT

Yes hes been on the transporter bridge before MT. :wink:

smallcoal:
“DEANB”

Hi dean,arthur bros from Newport they been around for years used to pull steel from island steel and whitehead Newport

Thanks for the info John. :wink:

ArcDaz:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the F88,cant make name out on the door ■■?

London Brick Foden.

Lignacite Seddon Atkinson brick carrier.

How about this one Daz. Dean mark paul all these photos on this thread are fantastic so many great memories on here of old time company which are no longer around i had a family member who worked for london brick many moons ago and there fleet of trucks i saw every were back in 70s 80s 90s By the way Dean getting back to the ARC Routeman tipper BYA 201S i have seen a photo of the same truck being loaded up with sand in quarry which has been posted up on Flickr by some else and you have come up trumps with this second one driving on the road much appreciated Dean Mark Paul keep up with all the great work :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: All the very best from Daz

Anyone recognise the Scania 110 ■■?

Kelvedon Crusader from Newport.

Not had one of Oscar Johnsons Fodens on here for a while.Alpha Steel Maggie behind.

Pembroke Sand Co Transcon.

LPG Volvo F7.

Hayes Freight marathon from Darlington.

I’m 99% sure that the Leyland Bison following the Routeman belonged to Polley’s of Weymouth, probably both running to/from ARC at Blashford, Ringwood.

troberts0:
I’m 99% sure that the Leyland Bison following the Routeman belonged to Polley’s of Weymouth, probably both running to/from ARC at Blashford, Ringwood.

Thanks for the pic. :wink:

Heres a bit on the Leyland Bison tipper.

Click on pages twice to read.