PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

kmills:

G’day all, I think that’s an ex- McBurney Daf XF, they were from somewhere around Oxford, I can’t remember where exactly- always looked very tidy.

Cheers, Keith

On the ball Keith :slight_smile:
viewtopic.php?p=362715
Oily

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes ?

Cheddar Valley Gazette Magnum.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Balfour Beatty Iveco.

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■

Geest DAF.

Looks like it says Hoo Hing on the trailer ?

Viridor Volvo.

CPL Petroleum DAF tanker.

“steam” Think you said you drive for F.W.Eaton’s.

Yes I did drive for FW Eaton but it was way back in the eighties 1984 /5/6. Im retired now !!

ERF-NGC-European:
One for Dean, as I know he has a soft spot for 'em! :wink:

Thanks for the pic Ro,big old fuel tank on that one ! :wink:

kmills:
G’day all, I think that’s an ex- McBurney Daf XF, they were from somewhere around Oxford, I can’t remember where exactly- always looked very tidy.

Cheers, Keith

Thanks for the name Keith. :wink:

oiltreader:
“kmills”

Cheers, Keith
On the ball Keith :slight_smile:
viewtopic.php?p=362715
Oily

Thanks for the link Oily. :wink:

steam:
“DEANB”

“steam” Think you said you drive for F.W.Eaton’s.

Yes I did drive for FW Eaton but it was way back in the eighties 1984 /5/6. Im retired now !!

Cheers Steam. :wink:

Dean the other day you asked if an orange Foden you pictured belonged to Conway Baily from Cornwall, well that is there colours as the shot below verifies, Buzzer

31F3E2B6-AA53-4DE8-94D2-ED1DC0BDD5BD.jpeg
Plenty of beasts in these sheds Buzzer on Wrightys patch at Culgaith .

Punchy Dan:

I used to drive a rollonoff Dan and often wondered how they picked up something on wheels, so do they move at all?

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:

I used to drive a rollonoff Dan and often wondered how they picked up something on wheels, so do they move at all?

:laughing: Don’t know how I put that on Deans thread :unamused: ,no not an inch if you strap in the right place ,I’am not in favour of strapping wheels like the good book says as then it’s only as good as the handbrake is and at 45 degrees it’s a test I don’t won’t to be trying :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:

:laughing: Don’t know how I put that on Deans thread :unamused: ,no not an inch if you strap in the right place ,I’am not in favour of strapping wheels like the good book says as then it’s only as good as the handbrake is and at 45 degrees it’s a test I don’t won’t to be trying :open_mouth:

We only had one flatbed but in truth we didn’t use it much and when we did it was usually loaded whilst on the chassis anyway. Was interested as we used to pick containers of filter cake up out of pontypool, if it was to wet it would slide when you picked the container up, I had one that slid and bowed the back door on the container which I couldn’t then bring back loaded as there was a big gap at the bottom of the container door in the middle.

Hi Dean,
I’ve been meaning to post for days,though been busy at work.This DAF was being driven by an old friend of mine,Ian Boon,an ex Mcburnie chipped to 640hp XF.They couldn’t stop it eating gear boxes.Though when it was running,it did go really well…
Regards Andrew.

Punchy Dan:

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:

Where i worked we had the one flatbed rolonoff body, used regularly for moving stackable concrete beams off sites, but came into its own when recovering the odd broken down or accident damaged tractor unit, saved £thousands on professional recovery.

Hello Dean,…many thanks for D Austin Jones Atki …they actually bought out Fred Jones for various contracts such as timber out of Swansea docks and tinplate …Austin Jones were based at Llanmorlais on the Gower …they had around 30 Atkis the main work was out of 3Ms Gorseinon…and also Signode .
They were first established as agricultural merchants …and finished in the mid 1980s …that Atki was magic Dean …many thanks again …lol …Geraint

Buzzer:
Dean the other day you asked if an orange Foden you pictured belonged to Conway Baily from Cornwall, well that is there colours as the shot below verifies, Buzzer

Thanks for the pic Buzzer. :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Reckon you have been over doing it Dan,never known you be so busy. :laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
We only had one flatbed but in truth we didn’t use it much and when we did it was usually loaded whilst on the chassis anyway. Was interested as we used to pick containers of filter cake up out of pontypool, if it was to wet it would slide when you picked the container up, I had one that slid and bowed the back door on the container which I couldn’t then bring back loaded as there was a big gap at the bottom of the container door in the middle.

Never driven a roll on roll off truck “Kempston” but how stable are they ? When you look at some of them they are fairly high ? :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
I’ve been meaning to post for days,though been busy at work.This DAF was being driven by an old friend of mine,Ian Boon,an ex Mcburnie chipped to 640hp XF.They couldn’t stop it eating gear boxes.Though when it was running,it did go really well…
Regards Andrew.

Thanks for the comments Andrew,sounds expensive chap ,especially if it had an auto box. :wink:

Juddian:
Where i worked we had the one flatbed rolonoff body, used regularly for moving stackable concrete beams off sites, but came into its own when recovering the odd broken down or accident damaged tractor unit, saved £thousands on professional recovery.

Thanks for the comments Juddian. :wink:

kenfig bill:
Hello Dean,…many thanks for D Austin Jones Atki …they actually bought out Fred Jones for various contracts such as timber out of Swansea docks and tinplate …Austin Jones were based at Llanmorlais on the Gower …they had around 30 Atkis the main work was out of 3Ms Gorseinon…and also Signode .
They were first established as agricultural merchants …and finished in the mid 1980s …that Atki was magic Dean …many thanks again …lol …Geraint

Thanks for the comments Geraint,that Atki did look nice,shame they have finished. :wink:

We have had some cracking Mansel Davies motors on here.

2017-07-20 12.20.38.jpg

A01753.JPG

A02168.JPG

P8150055p.JPG

P8150090p.JPG

Mansel Davies.

Click on pages twice to read.

1986 clipping.

steel wales mansel davies 86.PNG

Anyone recognise the Volvo tanker ■■

Translact DAF.

Rocma Volvo.Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

M.J.Proctor DAF.

Anyone recognise the Morgan DAF ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo taken on the M4 Wales.

Not sure where the Vellco Tyre Volvo is from ■■

Biffa DAF tanker.

Harris haulage from the Midlands.

I think we have had this Volvo of Paul Roberts on before,and think its Welsh ?

Some odds and sods.

Scammell trucks 1983.

Click on pages twice to read.

Andrews Plant Buffalo from Wareham.

Anyone recognise the Mercedes,cant make the name out ?

Anyone make the name out on the steel hauling Mercedes ■■

Spanish Pegaso heading for Truckline,Poole.

French Mercedes heading for Truckline,Poole.

Council Foden with roll on roll off body.

“finbarot” Drinkwater Sabey Volvo.

Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■

London Brick Volvo F7.

“Daz” I wonder if this was a Blue Circle motor when new,looking at the cab colour ?

Dean B, Good Morning,
Re: Mansel Davies pics, F10 six wheeler K15 EWT is ex Evans & Williams Tpt: of Letterston Pembs:
Regards Allan

Hi Dean

Thanks for the Volvo Dumpmaster, but as before ,the previous Foden roll on off gets my vote,as long as you promise to get me some Foden hub caps!! :smiley:

DEANB:
Andrews Plant Buffalo from Wareham.

Anyone recognise the Mercedes,cant make the name out ?

Anyone make the name out on the steel hauling Mercedes ■■

Spanish Pegaso heading for Truckline,Poole.

French Mercedes heading for Truckline,Poole.

Council Foden with roll on roll off body.

“finbarot” Drinkwater Sabey Volvo.

Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■

London Brick Volvo F7.

“Daz” I wonder if this was a Blue Circle motor when new,looking at the cab colour ?

Hi Dean a lovely mixture of photos on here again top stuff just having a quick catch and looking through this thread .Ps buddy that Scammell routeman tipper was brand new to ARC it was based at frome works in somerset i can see were you are coming from with your comment above with that cab colour which does make it look a blue circle motor Many thanks for posting all the great photos and articles today Regards Daz :smiley: :wink: