PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

The UK 32 tonners in 1976.

Click on pages twice to read.

R.Evans Volvo.

T.H.White Mercedes.

Bumble Hole Foods Scania.

Looks like an ex Ken Abram Foden ■■

Not sure if we have had a MK Transport motor on before.

Hobbs Bros Iveco tanker.

Biffa roll on / roll off Volvo.

Dragon Alfa Cement ERF. Not had one on before anyone know where they are from ■■

Alan Price Scania.

Hanson Volvo.

Trucks at the steam rally.

Dean B
Re: Dragon Alpha cement iirc they operated out of Sharpness but I could be mistaken,
Regards Allan

Yes I think Dragon Alfa cement run out of sharpness dock. The photo looks like stonehouse,glos, outside the dairy crest factory. The Hobbs bros tanker would be based in Hempsted, glos, but they are now no more as been took over by Ford Fuel Oils.

DEANB:
R.Evans Volvo.

T.H.White Mercedes.

Bumble Hole Foods Scania.

Looks like an ex Ken Abram Foden ■■

Not sure if we have had a MK Transport motor on before.

Hobbs Bros Iveco tanker.

Biffa roll on / roll off Volvo.

Dragon Alfa Cement ERF. Not had one on before anyone know where they are from ■■
Hi Dean yes they run out of Sharpness docks glos think R.J Rich run there transport now.Had quite a few ERFs over the time.cheers Keith ps nice Rank hovis the other day cheers

Alan Price Scania.

Hanson Volvo.

DEANB:
Mark Loader Foden. There was a “Loader” that did grain,dont know if this is the same one ?

John Carr Leyland. Not sure where they were based ■■
Hi Dean they had a factory in Gloucester Bristol road used to make doors and windows my brother worked there from leaving school till they closed in the factory.

Elliott’s Foden.

Looking at the size of the number plate,i would imagine that this was an Italian registered Mercedes ■■

Greenwoods Foden heading to Poole docks to collect a load of Zanussi washing machines no doubt.

Cook DAF. I believe he still owns this motor. Last time i saw him was in Cherbourg,passed his Volvo F16 and ERF with a
■■■■■■■ 525 from memory coming down Cherbourg hill. Took them about an hour to come down the hill as both were
over 100 ton.

“finbarot” The Fodens are going and the Volvo’s are coming.

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson 401. Did they offer that colour scheme on there demonstrators or a very similar
colour from memory ?

Arndale Fuels Seddon Atkinson.I think they had a depot in Poole will ask Paul Gee and see if he can remember.
Were they a nationwide company ■■

Tarmac Leyland Constructor.

Hi dean,n r evans are no longer they run under arla in avonmouth,I drove for n r Evans on agency work the hours are very odd

Mrsteel:
Dean B
Re: Dragon Alpha cement iirc they operated out of Sharpness but I could be mistaken,
Regards Allan

Thanks for the info Allan. :wink:

diggerdb:
Yes I think Dragon Alfa cement run out of sharpness dock. The photo looks like stonehouse,glos, outside the dairy crest factory. The Hobbs bros tanker would be based in Hempsted, glos, but they are now no more as been took over by Ford Fuel Oils.

Thanks for the comments “diggerdb” :smiley: Its amazing how many companies seem to be taken over.

FLOURPOWER:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean yes they run out of Sharpness docks glos think R.J Rich run there transport now.Had quite a few ERFs over the time.cheers Keith ps nice Rank hovis the other day cheers

Thanks for confirming “FLOURPOWER”. Paul read your reply and sent me a R.J.Rich pic. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,n r evans are no longer they run under arla in avonmouth,I drove for n r Evans on agency work the hours are very odd

Thanks for the info John. Looks like NFT have acquired them now John as Paul sent me this. :wink:

paulgee evans nft.PNG

smallcoal:

Thanks for the info John. Looks like NFT have acquired them now John as Paul sent me this. :wink:

[/quote]
NR Evans directors have started again now called ARRA still do the home bargains work as well.
Sell up for 20m then buy some more trucks and go and do the work for the same customer, good work if you can get it !,

DEANB:
Had a Paul Gee moment this week down on Southbourne beach walking towards Bournemouth.

They are pumping sand back from the sea floor onto several local beaches due to it being washed away over time.

I think that’s what they did in Swanage a few years ago, Dean? It looked a little strange with the bottom end of various steps down from the road to the beach, being covered in sand, with hand rails disappearing down into the “new” sand

robthedog:
“smallcoal”

NR Evans directors have started again now called ARRA still do the home bargains work as well.
Sell up for 20m then buy some more trucks and go and do the work for the same customer, good work if you can get it !,

Thanks Rob for confirming what John said. :wink: I wonder if the original company was split as NFT seemed to have
bought part of Evans. :unamused:

Heres a pic of Arra with a homebargains trailer.

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Had a Paul Gee moment this week down on Southbourne beach walking towards Bournemouth.

They are pumping sand back from the sea floor onto several local beaches due to it being washed away over time.

I think that’s what they did in Swanage a few years ago, Dean? It looked a little strange with the bottom end of various steps down from the road to the beach, being covered in sand, with hand rails disappearing down into the “new” sand

I know what you mean Chris have seen that myself a few times at Sanndbanks and Bournemouth. :wink:

Surprised there were no comments on the 1976 article about the British built tractor units,bearing in mind how many
pro British members there are on here ? :unamused:

Tarmac Scania.

Matalan MAN.

Veolia Mercedes.

Daltons Volvo.

Exel Volvo.

Dreaded white Scania. Looking at the top rear of the tipping trailer i reckon that has rolled over at some time ?

Texaco ERF.

Dont remember having a Sprayers motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

One from your way Trevor. J.H.Willis ERF milk tanker.

Someone must know who the DAF belongs too ■■

DEANB:
Tarmac Scania.

Matalan MAN.

Veolia Mercedes.

Daltons Volvo.

Exel Volvo.

Dreaded white Scania. Looking at the top rear of the tipping trailer i reckon that has rolled over at some time ?

Texaco ERF.

Dont remember having a Sprayers motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Hello DEAN ,the DAF at the bottom is Alf Arrowsmith from Cheswardine nr Market Drayton ,they have just a couple of stock wagons now ,years ago they had a Dodge 8 legger conversion .
Willis from Gresford very much with us ,with an all MAN line up now ,thank you Trevor

Hi Dean
The tipping trailer damage you pointed out could have been caused while carrying scrap.

A loading shovel at British Steel, Lackenby caused a couple of thousand pounds worth of damage to our one and only tipping trailer while loading coal, caught the top rail with the bucket and ripped a 4 or 5 ft section out.

Tyneside

DeanB wrote: Surprised there were no comments on the 1976 article about the British built tractor units,bearing in mind how many

Haha, I will bite! :laughing: Tractor units hold no interest for me Dean as I’ve had no dealings with them so I can’t comment, six and eight wheeler rigids only here. :wink:

Pete.

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Hello DEAN ,the DAF at the bottom is Alf Arrowsmith from Cheswardine nr Market Drayton ,they have just a couple of stock wagons now ,years ago they had a Dodge 8 legger conversion .
Willis from Gresford very much with us ,with an all MAN line up now ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info on the DAF Trevor,cant say i like the cow catcher on the front. :unamused:

Paul sent me one of Willis’s newer Mans. :wink:

tyneside:
Hi Dean
The tipping trailer damage you pointed out could have been caused while carrying scrap.

A loading shovel at British Steel, Lackenby caused a couple of thousand pounds worth of damage to our one and only tipping trailer while loading coal, caught the top rail with the bucket and ripped a 4 or 5 ft section out.

Tyneside

True Tyneside one or the other i reckon ! :wink:

windrush:
DeanB wrote: Surprised there were no comments on the 1976 article about the British built tractor units,bearing in mind how many

Haha, I will bite! :laughing: Tractor units hold no interest for me Dean as I’ve had no dealings with them so I can’t comment, six and eight wheeler rigids only here. :wink:

Pete.

Tippers this afternoon Pete,rumour has it you know a thing or two about them. :wink:

DEANB:
Surprised there were no comments on the 1976 article about the British built tractor units, bearing in mind how many

I’m getting to that, Dean! Work keeps getting in the way :frowning:

Now I’ve had the chance to read them, I was quite surprised about how upbeat the magazine was about the industry. I was less surprised about some of the manufacturers’ comments on the quality and sophistication of their vehicles, though :laughing:

All in all, a very interesting read, thank you, and taking me back to my formative years in the industry, since I signed up for it in 1976. Somehow, it seems rather a long time ago… :open_mouth:

We have had some cracking tippers on here chaps.

Some artics.

A01538.JPG

A01545.JPG

A01560.JPG

A01596.JPG

A01618.JPG

A01616.JPG

A01638.JPG

A01679.JPG

A01680.JPG

A01677.JPG

Some adverts.

Click on pages twice to read.

Dunnspencer Bulkflo from 1974.

George Neville from 1976.

Crane Fruehauf from 1984.

Don Bur and Wilcox from 1991.

Northern trailers 1970. I always thought these trailer’s looked a bit dodgy when tipping with the axle off the ground.
Anyone use one ?

Another dodgy one Hoynor Trailers from 1967. That has to be the shortest artic trailer i can remember seeing !!

trailer hoynor 1967 ppg.PNG

Another dodgy one from 1973.

Hercon Engineering Hercules trailers from 1984.Dont remember this make ?

trls tippers herc 84 ppg.PNG

Cravens Homalloy from 1975.

Highway trailers from 1963.

trls highway 1963 ppg.PNG