PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Dont know if anyone recognises this 301 or can make the name out on the trailer ■■

Is the driver watching a film on his iPad ?

HI Dean
Thanks for all the photos
I think the little 301 is Webb & Webb from Winchester & Lymington

Cheers
Rich

robroy:
windrush"Just for you Dean, taken from the web and no I wasn’t that impressed as to me the driving position seemed rather cramped? He made a good job of it though, as he has with all his other restored trucks.

Pete.

Still think those old 88/89s look good. :sunglasses:
When I first started as a kid, I used to dream of driving a one…arm out of window shades on in full poser mode :blush: , never ever got one,.had to make do with starting with a TK instead. :laughing:
Did manage to get the F7 and the F10 later on though.

:laughing: :laughing: Rob, Rumour has it that Pete has a picure of that F88 framed sat on his bed side cabinet. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
“DEANB”

They certainly liked there Foden’s.

They were back and forth all day long queing from 4.00am at shanks with all the waste from London. Iirc they were expected to do 3 loads per day but if they squeezed a 4th load in they were rewarded handsomely. Mainly 6x4 Foden artics with high cube push out trailers, always a very smartly kept fleet.

Thanks for your comments “Kempston”. :smiley: You always saw them on the M25 chap. Were they bought out by someone or
are they still going ■■ :unamused:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Daz,Hoyland Hino’s. :wink:

Hi Dean many thanks for posting the photo of the line up Hoyland Hino’s from poole i have never seen that company before love it mate Daz :slight_smile:

Glad you liked that one Daz. :smiley: They packed up years ago.

Suedehead:
“DEANB”

There is a name on the trailer of the Scania ■■ Anyone know where the pic was taken,looks like somewhere in the
Cotswolds to me looking at the stone buildings ■■

The Scania in the Cotswolds is going through Moreton in Marsh, cant make the name out on the trailer though, could be Granada ?

Thanks for confirming where the pic was taken “Suedehead” :wink:

dave docwra:
“DEANB”

Dont know if anyone recognises this 301 or can make the name out on the trailer ■■

That pic was taken year’s ago Dave. I reckon he is looking possibly at his delivery notes as that pic is taken
on the Wimborne bypass and there are 2 Industrial Estate’s about a mile or so away. :wink:

tribsa:
HI Dean
Thanks for all the photos
I think the little 301 is Webb & Webb from Winchester & Lymington

Cheers
Rich

Reckon your spot on with that name “tribsa” :wink:

They were back and forth all day long queing from 4.00am at shanks with all the waste from London. Iirc they were expected to do 3 loads per day but if they squeezed a 4th load in they were rewarded handsomely. Mainly 6x4 Foden artics with high cube push out trailers, always a very smartly kept fleet.

Thanks for your comments “Kempston”. :smiley: You always saw them on the M25 chap. Were they bought out by someone or

I believe they were bought out by SITA Dean. Shanks had a large incinerator plant down at Totton nr Southampton which we used to run down to daily and used to see a few of Bullies running down that way, never saw them in the incinerator plant but to be fair we weren’t in their for long, just swap a container and out again. Another name gone to a faceless group, bit of a romantic, prefer the old days to now when you recognised a vehicle, new who owned it and where they were from.

262FFBB8-200F-4993-B294-F35A275B06A4.jpeg

Kempston:

I believe they were bought out by SITA Dean. Shanks had a large incinerator plant down at Totton nr Southampton which we used to run down to daily and used to see a few of Bullies running down that way, never saw them in the incinerator plant but to be fair we weren’t in their for long, just swap a container and out again. Another name gone to a faceless group, bit of a romantic, prefer the old days to now when you recognised a vehicle, new who owned it and where they were from.

Yes i agree “Kempston” Paul Gee is always telling me that such and such has bought someone out.He keeps up with the
modern goings on where as i dont. Thanks for the info,that incinerator is at Marchwood i think and thanks for the pic. :wink:

beegee:
“DEANB” “beegee”

Apologies if I’ve missed them, but I’ve not seen any photos of a single seat cab vehicle (i.e. no passenger side at all to the cab) possibly from the ‘80s.

I have in my mind that they were 8 wheelers(?) and possibly owned by ARC/Amey Roadstone (or a similar operator?)

Nor can I recall why they were built that way.

Does anyone remember them?

Yes “beegee” you have definately missed them chap,been a fair bit about the half cab Fodens on here. :laughing: :wink:

Dean, brilliant, absolutely brilliant, thank you. (sorry for the late thank-you, getting over an eye op and not been feeling/seeing it for the last few days).

I’d spent hours going through various threads (especially the Middle East ones) and suddenly realised I’d not seen any reference to these vehicles and didn’t know what to search for (Ok, now I know – half cab!). I was beginning to doubt my memory.

I’m afraid I can’t offer any real meaningful first-hand experience or pictures to the thread in return. I spent the 70’s and 80’s in small vans (Morris Minor, Viva HA, Ital, Maestro), then the 90’s onward driving a keyboard. Unlike my dad who spent virtually all his working life on the road and had tails to tell, although only a couple of photos.

Thanks again,
Brian.

Hello Brian, hope the old eye is getting better ! :laughing:

Glad you liked the Foden stuff. “windrush” on here is the man that knows all about them. :wink:

Who did your dad drive for ■■ Feel free to pop the pics you have on,will be intresting to see them. :wink:

Funny you should mention the Bedford HA van,as when i was a kid one of my grandad drivers used to pick me up
in one of those on the way to the yard in the morning. From memory they were a good honest no fills little van
and i dont remember him having any real major issues with it.

Heres a Road test from 1965.

Click on pages twice to read.

Big order from the Post Office.

Bedford HA & CA van brochure.

DEANB:

Kempston:
Yes i agree “Kempston” Paul Gee is always telling me that such and such has bought someone out.He keeps up with the
modern goings on where as i dont. Thanks for the info,that incinerator is at Marchwood i think and thanks for the pic. :wink:

The son of Bullies is operating waste recycling companies in the same colours down in Fareham & Farnborough,

tauruswaste.com

DEANB:

[/quote]
Sorry Dean, I forgot to put a :laughing: at the end of my sentence.

Calor ERF.

Ralph Davies Volvo’s.

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■ Says Madley T1 on the trailer ?

O’Reilly Transport Volvo.

R.L.Edmunds Volvo. Anyone know where they are from ■■

William Gilder Foden tanker.

Parsons ERF bulker.

Anyone know where the M.Murrays Scania is from ■■

Bowker Volvo.

Anyone know where the Grant’s DAF is from ■■

DEANB:
Calor ERF.

Ralph Davies Volvo’s.

Parsons ERF bulker.

Bowker Volvo.

Freightroute have a depot in Irthlingborough just off the A45 near where Rushden and Diamonds football ground was. They also have a depot I believe in Poole? Grants bought out Aileys transport from the northants area, so given its pulling a FreightRoute trailer I would guess it’s from somewhere around the northants area, I also think I can remember them doing a lot of work for Weetabix at Burton Latimer near the A14.

This photo from the John Wakely Collection who was himself a driver(not with A&J Bull) back then.
Oily

DEANB:
Calor ERF.

Ralph Davies Volvo’s.

Parsons ERF bulker.

Bowker Volvo.

Hi Dean, You have been a busy lad again…From memory, I think that the Grants ERF is from the Northampton area, I could be wrong. :wink:

Cheers, Ray.

I remember when I worked for a BMC dealership replacing some pistons on a HA van belonging to Hond and Langar, the local glaziers. It involved removing the front axle to gain access to the sump and I was laying underneath torquing the big ends up when the wrench slipped and my hand travelled along the crankshaft, removing two fingernails in the process. :unamused: It hurt!

Pete.

Good morning Dean
Regarding J Swingler there’s some photos of their Volvos on Flickr
Cheers Gary [emoji106]

DEANB:

Hello Dean you have done a very great job on this thead brilliant pictrues and articles from the old Commercial motor Magazine of A.J. Bull tippers lowloaders and a few of there old classic trucks as well love it Daz Many Thanks again :smiley: :slight_smile:

DEANB:

Hello Dean you have done a very great job on this thead brilliant pictrues and articles from the old Commercial motor Magazine of A.J. Bull tippers lowloaders and a few of there old classic trucks as well love it Daz Many Thanks again :smiley: :slight_smile:

Hi Dean
Still doing a great job.
The Scania is McMurrarys from Accrington
Aldo Grants now branded Freightroute took over H Young in Eastleigh who have a yard next to the old one as the Young family have let theirs to Biffa

Cheers
Rich

dave docwra:
“DEANB”

The son of Bullies is operating waste recycling companies in the same colours down in Fareham & Farnborough,

tauruswaste.com

Thanks for that info Dave. :wink: I wondered why Paul had sent me this pic. :laughing:

Kempston:
“DEANB”

Freightroute have a depot in Irthlingborough just off the A45 near where Rushden and Diamonds football ground was. They also have a depot I believe in Poole? Grants bought out Aileys transport from the northants area, so given its pulling a FreightRoute trailer I would guess it’s from somewhere around the northants area, I also think I can remember them doing a lot of work for Weetabix at Burton Latimer near the A14.

Thanks for the info Kempston. :smiley: I dont know if they have a depot in Poole although i have not seen one. :unamused: :wink:

oiltreader:
This photo from the John Wakely Collection who was himself a driver(not with A&J Bull) back then.
Oily

Great pic Oily. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean, You have been a busy lad again…From memory, I think that the Grants ERF is from the Northampton area, I could be wrong. :wink:

Cheers, Ray.

You know how it is Ray. :unamused: :laughing:

windrush:
I remember when I worked for a BMC dealership replacing some pistons on a HA van belonging to Hond and Langar, the local glaziers. It involved removing the front axle to gain access to the sump and I was laying underneath torquing the big ends up when the wrench slipped and my hand travelled along the crankshaft, removing two fingernails in the process. :unamused: It hurt!

Pete.

Thats sound’s bloody painful Pete,nasty chap i bet the old fingers were throbbing a bit ! :unamused: :wink:

gazsa401:
Good morning Dean
Regarding J Swingler there’s some photos of their Volvos on Flickr
Cheers Gary [emoji106]

Thanks Gary. :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

I miss seeing there motor’s about Daz used to see them around Poole now and then. :wink:

tribsa:
Hi Dean
Still doing a great job.
The Scania is McMurrarys from Accrington
Aldo Grants now branded Freightroute took over H Young in Eastleigh who have a yard next to the old one as the Young family have let theirs to Biffa

Cheers
Rich

Thanks for the info on those companies,good stuff chap. :smiley: :wink: