PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
J G Haulage DAF.

Sawyers Volvo.

Isotank Foden.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

Dixon Scania from Ireland.

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■ The bulk tanker looks like its on a strange angle ■■

TT Concrete Mercedes. Anyone know where they are based ■■

GCA Transport from your part of the world Trevor.

Farralls Transport Volvo from Chester.

Dont think we have had a Gallons motor on before. Anyone know where they are from ■■

Hello DEAN ,CGA transport are from the Oswestry area ,but have not seen them lately ,i think they were based on the old Rednal airfield , Hodnet Transport who you mentioned are no longer with us and were from Shakesford on the A41 between Tern Hill and Hinstock ,thank you Trevor

robroy:
Could the park be at Bristol?
Canon park or Marsh park or something?
I seem to remember backing up to a wall like that, long time ago think I was even on a trip with my mate pre 79 before I started driving myself…

Its not somewhere in Southampton is it ? This batch of pics was taken around Stafford and Southampton. :unamused:

colinwallace1:
Hiya Dean, We lived in Melbourne for 10 years before moving to WA about 18 months ago.
The K200 has a ■■■■■■■■ but the FH16 is all Volvo. Some early FH’s had ■■■■■■■■

DeltaPak had 1 600bhp and 1 700bhp. I think in Europe they would be 650 + 750?

When i started work in Melbourne 2009 it was in this 1995 KW. Noisy but very reliable considering it’s age. It’s still on the road actually.0

Love your work Dean. Stay safe. Colin.

ps I see there is a Camlachie in Glasgow , and the MAN looks like it may have a Scottish registration. Someone will know for sure.

Thanks for the info about the trucks Colin. I remember them using the ■■■■■■■ signature in the Volvo’s and was not sure if they went back to
there own lump so thats good to know. :smiley: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Cracking Atki adverts, I spy a Craddock Brothers probably loading at Imperial Smelting Corporation in Bloxwich and an Allports from Sutton Coldfield, they are still trading on Fradley nr Lichfield as a Renault dealership, previously a Commer/Dodge dealer in Sutton town centre and had Weaver Transport as part of the group.

Cheers Pete,some cracking looking motors. :wink:

Chris Webb:
“Mrsteel” Dean B
Hi, re: the P&O photos the guy driving the Marathon could well be Gary Ferguson ,but I could be mistaken.
Gary and his brother Rodney both drove for Coastal Roadways in Pyle. Rodney lived in Leominster and iirc Gary lived in Tenbury Wells.
The photo of the black & white A series with a styrene tank behind it is identical to one I had new when I worked there. ‘RRT 834M’ . Thanks for bringing back some good memories.
Regards, Allan

Allan,I loaded out of Baglan loads of time when working for A E Evans in the 70s,mostly toluene and styrene.What was the name of the loader ■■■ supervisor always on days,was it George? I remember a stocky feller called Dai as well,always asking for a cleaning out ticket. :smiley:

Thanks for the pics and comments Chris. :smiley: Still have not found anything on Evans but you never know something may turn up ! :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”
GCA Transport from your part of the world Trevor.

Hello DEAN ,CGA transport are from the Oswestry area ,but have not seen them lately ,i think they were based on the old Rednal airfield , Hodnet Transport who you mentioned are no longer with us and were from Shakesford on the A41 between Tern Hill and Hinstock ,thank you Trevor

Good stuff Trevor :wink: Shame another company has packed up.

“collinwallace1” Colin,heres a bit from 1980 on some Aus Volvo’s. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

volvo aus 80.jpg

volvo aus 802.jpg

volvo aus 803.jpg

volvo aus 804.jpg

volvo aus 805.jpg

Volvo F12 1981.

Walkers Transport DAF. Anyone know where they are from ?

Clements Scania.

Creggan Transports mighty 143.

TDG ERF.

Turners ERF.

Nice to see Pollock still have there traditional colour scheme.

Anyone recognise the Scania bulker ■■ Looks a bit like an ex Evans motor ■■

Westland Nurseries Scania.

Pontrilas Timber Foden.

Dont think we have had a DPS motor on before. Anyone know where they are based ■■

Pilkington Glass Scania.

Rank Hovis DAF.

Saul Carriers MAN. Dont remember having one on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Tornado Scania ■■

Georges Haulage Mercedes. I assume this is a different one to the red live stock rucks called Georges ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker ■■

Cawley Bros ERF from North Wales.

Steve Swain DAF.

Poxy car. Tidy Dowse haulage Scania.

D.R. & F.A.Ford Volvo. Think they are from Cornwall ■■

An old advert Dean, cheers Buzzer

Morning Dean,
The Scania looks like one of Martin Price’s from Craven Arms and Ford’s are from Wem, they run about 60 motor’s.

DSCF4370p.JPG

DSCF4289p.JPG

Chris Webb,
Hello Chris,
Sorry but I can’t remember the names of the guys you mention. The old memory some times gets a bit slow these days, maybe something to do with the situation we are in at the moment. By the way have you been reunited with your belongings from the I.O.M ?
Regards, and keep safe
Allan

Mrsteel:
Chris Webb,
Hello Chris,
Sorry but I can’t remember the names of the guys you mention. The old memory some times gets a bit slow these days, maybe something to do with the situation we are in at the moment. By the way have you been reunited with your belongings from the I.O.M ?
Regards, and keep safe
Allan

Morning Allan.
We got our furniture on 22nd June,after three months being in storage in IOM.
I know what you mean about the memory thing. :smiley:

Look after yourself.

Chris

Morning all, George’s Haulage were from Winkleigh in Devon, ran a smart fleet of Volvo’s back in day on bulk tipper work. I’m sure this is the man himself George Bedford when he went back to just the 1 lorry.
I think the red Georges wagons your referring to Dean are the cattle wagons from Bruton in Somerset.
I also recognise the version 1 Volvo bulker, I think it’s 1 of AnL haulage from Somerset.

DEANB:

Clements Scania.

Creggan Transports mighty 143.

TDG ERF.

Turners ERF.

Nice to see Pollock still have there traditional colour scheme.

Anyone recognise the Scania bulker ■■ Looks a bit like an ex Evans motor ■■

Westland Nurseries Scania.

Pontrilas Timber Foden.

Dont think we have had a DPS motor on before. Anyone know where they are based ■■

Walkers are from Leeds and/or Manchester Dean.

David

DEANB:
Clements Scania.

Turners ERF.

Turners has recently bought the Clements units and trailers. One of the trailers ended up in my depot last week, quite new and well looked after when I gave it a “once-over”.

Cowie rental Transcon,think it says Sunderland on the door

Cowies were main Ford dealers in Sunderland, both car & commercial. Tommy Cowie started with a motorbike shop in the town I think in the 1940’s

Tyneside

I could well have driven that Transcon, the place I worked for in Washington in 1980 made cakes and gateaux’s for M&S, Sainsbury and others, we had a 40ft fridge trailer but no unit so hired them from Cowies or other hire places when needed usually for a week or so, I think on about four occasions I got Transcons from Cowies. The guy in charge of the transport didn’t know much about the artic side of things so left it to me to hire the units so it was either the big Fords or F10’s, enjoyed that job while it lasted! Franky.

Dean an old advert for livestock haulage company from Chudleigh in Devon not trading anymore, Buzzer

Buzzer:
An old advert Dean, cheers Buzzer

You wont believe this Buzzer but i scanned this pic the day before you posted that brochure pic.

Crap quality.

Edward Baker Dodge from 1957.

bulk baker 57 ppg.PNG

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The Scania looks like one of Martin Price’s from Craven Arms and Ford’s are from Wem, they run about 60 motor’s.

Thanks for the info Pete ! :wink: Did Ford’s operate coaches as well ? I saw a Ford’s truck and coach parked up together just off
the main drag south of Exeter but cant remember exactly where ? :unamused:

boardo96:
Morning all, George’s Haulage were from Winkleigh in Devon, ran a smart fleet of Volvo’s back in day on bulk tipper work. I’m sure this is the man himself George Bedford when he went back to just the 1 lorry.
I think the red Georges wagons your referring to Dean are the cattle wagons from Bruton in Somerset.
I also recognise the version 1 Volvo bulker, I think it’s 1 of AnL haulage from Somerset.

Thanks for the comments “boardo96” :wink: Well spotted re the ANL Haulage. :smiley:

5thwheel:
“DEANB”

Walkers are from Leeds and/or Manchester Dean.

David

Thanks David. :wink:

gingerfold:
“DEANB”
Clements Scania.

Turners has recently bought the Clements units and trailers. One of the trailers ended up in my depot last week, quite new and well looked after when I gave it a “once-over”.

Cheers Graham. :wink: How many motors are Turners running now ■■

tyneside:
Cowie rental Transcon,think it says Sunderland on the door

Cowies were main Ford dealers in Sunderland, both car & commercial. Tommy Cowie started with a motorbike shop in the town I think in the 1940’s

Tyneside

Thanks for the info “tyneside”. Funny you should mention they started as a motor bike shop. I was talking to my uncle who is 91 and like
he said there were not that many cars back in the 40’s everyone had motorbikes or push bikes ! :smiley:

Frankydobo:
I could well have driven that Transcon, the place I worked for in Washington in 1980 made cakes and gateaux’s for M&S, Sainsbury and others, we had a 40ft fridge trailer but no unit so hired them from Cowies or other hire places when needed usually for a week or so, I think on about four occasions I got Transcons from Cowies. The guy in charge of the transport didn’t know much about the artic side of things so left it to me to hire the units so it was either the big Fords or F10’s, enjoyed that job while it lasted! Franky.

Thanks for the input Franky, had a quick look but cant find nothing on Cowies. :wink:

Buzzer:
Dean an old advert for livestock haulage company from Chudleigh in Devon not trading anymore, Buzzer

Thanks for the pic chap, heres a few more made by Jenning’s from 1955. :wink:

“coomsey” “windrush” How about these cracking Australian Fodens.

Click on pages twice to read.

foden aus 19651.jpg

Inver tidy Volvo fridge.

Dixon Scania.

T.Barry Volvo bulker.

KRP Express MAN. Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Gregory DAF.

Scammell Explorer.

Reed & Boardall Scania.

M.D.R.Transport tidy Scania. Think it says iverton on the side.

Star Trucking Magnum overtaking ■■? Mercedes.

Dont know, but looking at the trailer on the Magnum i would imagine they are the same as Edwin Shirley doing music group concerts ?

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■

Dean your right about Star trucking they are music gig transporters and Barry’s are from Gloucester way and delivered a load of fodder beet to my place once, cheers Buzzer.

DEANB:
Star Trucking Magnum overtaking ■■? Mercedes.

Looks like Richard Lawson livery on the Merc - either still on the fleet, some post-bankruptcy rebrand, or just moved on elsewhere