PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

hello DEAN ,and thank you for the Cyril Forrester F10 ,i think the driver is from Whitchurch ,but can not put a name to his face,if thats the M50 probably heading to the Newport area like Monsanto chemicals pr Llanwern steelworks .
The Synthite Scania was based at Mold N Wales ,but had a small fleet ,Forresters also hauled in and out of here ,thank you Trevor

The scammel in the Charles Robert advert is Nickerson s from rothwell near Leeds They also had a depot on grange lane in Scunthorpe now scania dealers can also remember them running bisons & seddon atki 8 wheelers interestingly they were also Saviem dealers

Hargreaves:
The scammel in the Charles Robert advert is Nickerson s from rothwell near Leeds They also had a depot on grange lane in Scunthorpe now scania dealers can also remember them running bisons & seddon atki 8 wheelers interestingly they were also Saviem dealers

Weren’t they a Grimsby based company Hargreaves? Or was that the Nickersons who were seed merchants?

Frankydobo:
Thanks for the comments “tyneside” For some reason dont seem to have much from your part of the world.

This one may interest you.

I remember being immediately drawn to this Peter Davies article when I used to buy Truck and Driver but being disappointed after reading it as it made no mention of the well known Tyneside haulier Ouseburn Transport (also known as R Steenberg & Son) situated on the Quayside and who held the largest warehousing facilities both sides of the River Tyne, it did mention AW Ellis who I worked for as a young Apprentice but no photo of their vehicles, something I still haven’t been able to come across, even the Northeast thread with its excellent set of photo’s hasn’t shown any to date. All I can add is pics of their model vehicles I’ve built. Franky.

Thanks for your input Franky,i will see if i have anything on AW Ellis. :wink:

8LXBV8BRIAN:
divin`t fret about it :slight_smile: just watch the credits on the likely lads for the motor parked on the
bend just past the yard gates? I think.but for the quayside you would always see a steenbergs or
ousebourn motor :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: - :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:wink:

tastrucker:
hello DEAN ,and thank you for the Cyril Forrester F10 ,i think the driver is from Whitchurch ,but can not put a name to his face,if thats the M50 probably heading to the Newport area like Monsanto chemicals pr Llanwern steelworks .
The Synthite Scania was based at Mold N Wales ,but had a small fleet ,Forresters also hauled in and out of here ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info ,good stuff chap. :smiley:

Hargreaves:

Good stuff Hargreaves. :wink: You would think that they would operate Saviem’s if they were a dealer ■■ :unamused:

Chris Webb:

Hargreaves:

Weren’t they a Grimsby based company Hargreaves? Or was that the Nickersons who were seed merchants?

Will see if i have anything on Nickerson’s Chris. :wink:

Some oldies.

Frankydobo:
Thanks for the comments “tyneside” For some reason dont seem to have much from your part of the world.

This one may interest you.

I remember being immediately drawn to this Peter Davies article when I used to buy Truck and Driver but being disappointed after reading it as it made no mention of the well known Tyneside haulier Ouseburn Transport (also known as R Steenberg & Son) situated on the Quayside and who held the largest warehousing facilities both sides of the River Tyne, it did mention AW Ellis who I worked for as a young Apprentice but no photo of their vehicles, something I still haven’t been able to come across, even the Northeast thread with its excellent set of photo’s hasn’t shown any to date. All I can add is pics of their model vehicles I’ve built. Franky.

Hi Franky
In the very early seventies Alfie Ellis’ s son was attending Gateshead Tech the same time as myself.

Tyneside

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■

P8120050p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Welsh Scania ■■?

P8120084p.JPG

Think it says Williams & Son on the Welsh Foden ■■

P8120130.JPG

Hot spot Mercedes.

P8150106p.JPG

Fair ground ERF.

P8150112p.JPG

Walls Recovery Steyr.

P8160015p.JPG

Roger Griffiths DAF bulker. Cant remember if we have had one of these on before.

P8160031p.JPG

Mansel Davies Volvo.

P8160042p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

P8160040p.JPG

KCS Scania.

P8160092p.JPG

Lime Tree Truckin Volvo F7. Not sure where they were from ■■

A04532p.JPG

Michelin ERF

A04538p.JPG

Wincanton ERF.

A04557p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

A04540p.JPG

Anyone recognise the tanker ■■

A04559.JPG

Arther W Read DAF tipper.

A04542p.JPG

Anyone recognise the timber hauling DAF ■■?

A04563p.JPG

Taymix Seddon Akinson.

A04561p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Akinson tipper ■■?

A04578p.JPG

Think we have had this colour scheme on before but cant remember the name ■■?

A04591p.JPG

Hi Franky
In the very early seventies Alfie Ellis’ s son was attending Gateshead Tech the same time as myself.
Tyneside

Cheers Tyneside, I went from 68 but binned it after 1970, to be honest the only thing I seemed to have learnt was the Dewey Decimal system for keeping records, the same system Library’s use when they number the books, don’t know why that stayed with me! I gained more from hands on back at the Workshop with the older Fitters passing on their knowledge. Even today young Apprentices think College is a waste of time, yet if I had the chance again I would get stuck in. Franky.

DEANB:

tyneside:
Hi just caught up with the thread, thanks for posting the Walker Bros article.
We used work quite a lot with them. We would hire off them if we were busy and vice versa. They also had a few low loaders and we would sometimes pull one of their trailers with our only tractor unit. Their yard was at Newburn and TT Walker (another family member) was based nearby.

Tyneside

Thanks for the comments “tyneside” :wink: For some reason dont seem to have much from your part of the world. :unamused:

This one may intrest you.

Click on pages twice to read.

Hi Dean and thanks again for the postings. I can remember most of the featured companies. We were not involved too much in the flat / long distance scene. My Dad tended to concentrate on local tipper and livestock work and of course we also had the domestic solid fuel which kept about 10 / 15 men busy depending on the time of year.
As an addendum I would mention that my late sister worked in the Cawthorne Sinclair office at Birtley for some years.

Cheers Tyneside

Hi Dean.I remember Taymix Transport very well. I believe they fell foul of the Ministry at some time.
There is a restored AEC Mandator in their livery.Not my photo.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■

Cant make the name out on the Welsh Scania ■■?

Hot spot Mercedes.

Fair ground ERF.

Walls Recovery Steyr.

Roger Griffiths DAF bulker. Cant remember if we have had one of these on before.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

KCS Scania.

Hello Dean …the blue ERF is Howel Richards from Bridgend …all the best from the both of us …lol …Geraint

the Foden is EF & EO WILLIAMS & SONS Morfa Nefyn near Pwllheli

You’re right nickersons were a seed merchant but a different one they have a place at holton le clay under a different name now they also originated from rothwell but the one in Lincolnshire

Hi Dean, Thanks for all the great pictures, The Scania 110 looks like it could possibly be an ex PD Wharfage vehicle ( part of the Powell Duffryn Group) I think the company is now possibly known as Tyne Port Logistics.

Dave…

Hi dean,hot spot merc is Rhys Davies taffs well that was a contract they had

Frankydobo:
Hi Franky
Tyneside

Cheers Tyneside, I went from 68 but binned it after 1970, to be honest the only thing I seemed to have learnt was the Dewey Decimal system for keeping records, the same system Library’s use when they number the books, don’t know why that stayed with me! I gained more from hands on back at the Workshop with the older Fitters passing on their knowledge. Even today young Apprentices think College is a waste of time, yet if I had the chance again I would get stuck in. Franky.

Thanks for the input Franky,will have a look and see if i have anything on Alfie Ellis. :wink:

tyneside:
“DEANB”

Thanks for the comments “tyneside” :wink: For some reason dont seem to have much from your part of the world. :unamused:

Hi Dean and thanks again for the postings. I can remember most of the featured companies. We were not involved too much in the flat / long distance scene. My Dad tended to concentrate on local tipper and livestock work and of course we also had the domestic solid fuel which kept about 10 / 15 men busy depending on the time of year.
As an addendum I would mention that my late sister worked in the Cawthorne Sinclair office at Birtley for some years.

Cheers Tyneside

Thanks for the comments “tyneside”. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.I remember Taymix Transport very well. I believe they fell foul of the Ministry at some time.
There is a restored AEC Mandator in their livery.Not my photo.

Nice pic Chris,heres another one chap. :smiley:

Posted an article about Taymix on page 225 for anyone intrested.

A02512.JPG

kenfig bill:

Hello Dean …the blue ERF is Howel Richards from Bridgend …all the best from the both of us …lol …Geraint

Thanks for the name Geraint,good stuff chap. :smiley:

Heres another one. :wink:

P8170028p.JPG

jonmea:

the Foden is EF & EO WILLIAMS & SONS Morfa Nefyn near Pwllheli

Thanks for confirming the name “jonmea” :wink:

Hargreaves:
You’re right nickersons were a seed merchant but a different one they have a place at holton le clay under a different name now they also originated from rothwell but the one in Lincolnshire

Thanks for the comments “Hargreaves” :smiley:

dave docwra:
Hi Dean, Thanks for all the great pictures, The Scania 110 looks like it could possibly be an ex PD Wharfage vehicle ( part of the Powell Duffryn Group) I think the company is now possibly known as Tyne Port Logistics.

Dave…

Thanks for the name Dave. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,hot spot merc is Rhys Davies taffs well that was a contract they had

Cheers for the info John. :wink:

[

[/quote]
Hi Dean
I could be wrong but the colour scheme looks like square grip they had a depot in Eastleigh

robthedog:

Hi Dean
I could be wrong but the colour scheme looks like square grip they had a depot in Eastleigh

Ok thanks for the possible name Rob. :wink: