PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Thanks to everyone for all the comments and info about the Cranes ! :smiley:

Some cracking pics posted by Dennis,Cockney Pete3,Tonyj105,Oily and jsheopguis ! :wink:

High ? DAF tanker.

P8140051.JPG

Bitumen ERF.

P8160062p.JPG

Owens Volvo.

P8170062p.JPG

T.Barry DAF.

P8160208p.JPG

CYMRU Metals ERF.

P8170012p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

P8180022p.JPG

Hicks DAF.

P8160142p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF from Rhayader ■■?

P8160097p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

P8160154p.JPG

Ray Bloor Scania.

P8180018p.JPG

DEANB:
High ? DAF tanker.

Bitumen ERF.

Owens Volvo.

T.Barry DAF.

CYMRU Metals ERF.

Hicks DAF.

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

Ray Bloor Scania.

Hello DEAN ,the DAF from Rhayader is Huw Roberts and daughters ! timber hauliers, Roy Bloor from Churchstoke ,straw and hay merchant ,thats between Craven Arms and Welshpool ,thank you Trevor

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice.

“Gingerfold” Graham one for you. :wink:

Tizer from Southampon.(1971)

A02635.JPG

One for the North East chap’s.

Walker Bros from Tyneside.(1973)

Leyland Group 1969.

Some oldies.

N.V.Tipper Hire Leyland.

Anyone recognise the Leyland ■■? Possibly ex Swanworth Quarries ?

3M Volvo F6.

“JAKEY” Western BRS Scania.

Quickspan Floors Marathon from Poole,now long gone.

This is a rare pic and only the second pic i have ever seen of this company and the first was one that Paul took of there Bedford TM. :smiley: :smiley:

Glandel make concrete products and are still going today in Corfe Mullen and are based on the road that used to lead upto Beacon Hill Brick
that were a big concern back in the day but sadly now gone.

Here is one of Beacon Hill’s Leyland’s. Think this is the 3rd one of there’s we have had on here and never seen any other pics of there trucks
either so rare pic.

Lambert Brothers ERF from Southampton.

Christopher Hill Roadtrain leaving Poole docks. No doubt loading a grain boat as regular work back then and still ongoing today.

Bexton had a couple of defenders near the end. Only coal with house delivery as well. Had a small yard opposite Snibston pit, they’ve gone but not the pit,guess what the yards turned into now

Hi Dean,
The Volvo looks like an ex M.Way motor, Round Oak Rail was based on Pedmore Road Dudley, Cheer’s Pete

P8160154p.JPG

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The Volvo looks like an ex M.Way motor, Round Oak Rail was based on Pedmore Road Dudley, Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete There was a Round Oak Motor Services in Dudley late 60s,I used to backload off them quite regular.They did a lot of work for Walter Somers at Halesowen,die blocks from size of a 50p piece to over 10tons.They also used to send us to Stourport or was it Stourbridge for mining equipment for NCB.They once sent me into Somers for a lump of rejected steel to be returned to BSC (Samuel Fox) at Stocksbridge Sheffield.There was no weighbridge and the loader said it were “about 9 tons”.Aye it were,I knew it were more than that when going up that hill back to Oldbury - was it Quarry Bank - it made my LAD Reiver with 375 Leyland cough a bit all way back to Sheffield.It turned out the weight was close on 15 tons,and our gaffer always said “no more than 12 tons on that Reiver”. :grimacing:
He never said owt,must have been a good rate eh? :laughing:

wow ,Thank you Dean and Paul for that lovely BRS Scania photo . :smiley:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

Your right there Pete it was a May motor the number plate sort of gives the game away, Buzzer

Chris Webb:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

Hi Pete There was a Round Oak Motor Services in Dudley late 60s,I used to backload off them quite regular.They did a lot of work for Walter Somers at Halesowen,die blocks from size of a 50p piece to over 10tons.They also used to send us to Stourport or was it Stourbridge for mining equipment for NCB.They once sent me into Somers for a lump of rejected steel to be returned to BSC (Samuel Fox) at Stocksbridge Sheffield.There was no weighbridge and the loader said it were “about 9 tons”.Aye it were,I knew it were more than that when going up that hill back to Oldbury - was it Quarry Bank - it made my LAD Reiver with 375 Leyland cough a bit all way back to Sheffield.It turned out the weight was close on 15 tons,and our gaffer always said “no more than 12 tons on that Reiver”. :grimacing:

Hi Chris,
Different companies mate, if it was out of Walter Somers it may of been Mucklow hill or if you was very brave Coomeswood, past Stewarts and Lloyds tube works!

Buzzer:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

Your right there Pete it was a May motor the number plate sort of gives the game away, Buzzer

And that shade of orange John!

Hi Dean the marathon or peanut puncher as we used to affectionately call them of Quickspan Floors looks very much like a T.Coakes motor from New Milton he has a lot of old preserved trucks IIRC, also the two Millers from Poole who made meat pies and the like, cheers Buzzer.

31411561781_e2a94a0439.jpg

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

Hi Chris,
Different companies mate, if it was out of Walter Somers it may of been Mucklow hill or if you was very brave Coomeswood, past Stewarts and Lloyds tube works!

It was this company Pete,and I thought their yard was on Pear Tree Lane or summat? Mind you it was 52 years ago I may well be out of order. :laughing:

roundoak.jpg

DEANB:

Cockney Pete3:
No Dean, im not a driver, cranes or wagons, just an overgrown truckmad kid.
Ive got a thread on here ‘Lovells wharf,’ thats where my interest in old wagons comes from.
Ive operated some big diggers and telehandlers in my time though

Will have a look at your thread Pete. :wink:

Dont have much scanned for telehandlers or diggers chap.

Click on pages twice.

Old Manitou.

Here’ a few loading shovels/diggers.

Some great pic’s there Dean, cheers :wink:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

Hi Chris,

It was this company Pete,and I thought their yard was on Pear Tree Lane or summat? Mind you it was 52 years ago I may well be out of order. :laughing:

That’s a good memory Chris, my container depot colleagues in the next office to me had a fuss going on recently with a driver whose sat nav couldn’t find Pear Tree Lane Dudley, so I had to go in there and tell him where it was. Anyone who has done any proper lorry driving knows Pear Tree Lane Dudley, it’s one of those road names that sticks in the memory.

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Ray Bloor Scania.

Hello DEAN ,the DAF from Rhayader is Huw Roberts and daughters ! timber hauliers, Roy Bloor from Churchstoke ,straw and hay merchant ,thats between Craven Arms and Welshpool ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor, i dont think we have had either of those on before chap. :wink:

coomsey:
Bexton had a couple of defenders near the end. Only coal with house delivery as well. Had a small yard opposite Snibston pit, they’ve gone but not the pit,guess what the yards turned into now

Thanks for the comments and pic “coomsey” :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

I did think it was an ex M.way as well Pete. :wink: He seems to be running alot of motors these days,anyone know the size of the
fleet ■■

Chris Webb:
“pete smith” Hi Dean,

Good stuff Chris, 15 tons !!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

JAKEY:
wow ,Thank you Dean and Paul for that lovely BRS Scania photo . :smiley:

Heres an even better one “JAKEY” in your favourite colours. A “mighty” Bedford TK. :smiley:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the input Pete. :wink:

Chris Webb:
“pete smith”
Hi Chris,

Nice pic Chris. :wink:

pv83:
“DEANB”

Here’ a few loading shovels/diggers.

Some great pic’s there Dean, cheers :wink:

:wink:

gingerfold:
“Chris Webb”

It was this company Pete,and I thought their yard was on Pear Tree Lane or summat? Mind you it was 52 years ago I may well be out of order :laughing:

That’s a good memory Chris, my container depot colleagues in the next office to me had a fuss going on recently with a driver whose sat nav couldn’t find Pear Tree Lane Dudley, so I had to go in there and tell him where it was. Anyone who has done any proper lorry driving knows Pear Tree Lane Dudley, it’s one of those road names that sticks in the memory.

Thanks for the comments Graham. :wink:

Buzzer:
Hi Dean the marathon or peanut puncher as we used to affectionately call them of Quickspan Floors looks very much like a T.Coakes motor from New Milton he has a lot of old preserved trucks IIRC, also the two Millers from Poole who made meat pies and the like, cheers Buzzer.

Good stuff Buzzer, you are spot on with that observation of the Marathon being a T.Coakes motor. I remember seeing Coakes motor’s about but
remember them being blue. I had to dig into the archives and this article mentions Quickspan and this is the blue i remember so assume that
the Quickspan motors were a different colour ? I was going to give you 10 out of 10 chap but not sure about New Milton ■■? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

As far back as i can remember they have always been based in Corfe Mullen next to Glandel and Beacon Hill brick company chap. :wink:

Heres another one in Quickspan’s colours.

Click on pages twice to read.

I meant to ask yeserday about the second Millers vehicle in the pic. Can anyone recognise the make ■■? Possibly Mercedes ■■ :unamused:

They used to win alot of competitions years ago Buzzer for there black pudding.