PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Chris Webb:
Cheers Chris,thanks for the comment. Did you see the Albright & Wilson octopus in the article on the
last page. :wink:

I missed it Dean so just seen it.A typical great Peter Davies photo. Thanks. :wink:

Thought you would like that one chap ! :wink:

Some oldies. There are some great shots of cars from the 70s/80s in these pics.

Not sure if these Derry trucks are the same Derry as in the article,someone may know ■■?

Click on pages twice to read.

Some Welsh motors.

Think this is a R & B Transport Scania ■■

Sunhill Transport Volvo.

T.Alun Jones Scania.

Dyfed Steels DAF.

Gary C Wright Scania.

J.D.Owen MAN.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Alan Price Volvo.

Pritchards DAF. Posted a Pritchards Foden on the previous page. Different colour and a tipper,anyone know if there is
a connection ■■

Villa Motors MAN.

Pics taken on the M54.

Potter for Service Scania 112 bulker.

Anyone recognise the MAN tipper ■■?

Inter City Transport Leyland/DAF.

Turners Volvo F7.New one i think ■■

Stanleys Scania.Dont think we have had them on here before ■■

Durrans Scania.

BT Leyland/DAF .Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson.

Tarmac Volvo.

Cant make the name out on the Iveco,anyone recognise it ■■?

BOC Leyland.

DEANB:
Pics taken on the M54.

Potter for Service Scania 112 bulker.

Anyone recognise the MAN tipper ■■?

Inter City Transport Leyland/DAF.

Turners Volvo F7.New one i think ■■

Stanleys Scania.Dont think we have had them on here before ■■

Durrans Scania.

Tarmac Volvo.

BOC Leyland.

BT still have one of these DAF’s on a J reg , the work shop use for going round Magna park at Lutterworth and it’s got Equimox exhaust fitted as well
P/s still in the Grey colour as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Dean it looks like Maurice Hill on the door, another one different livery courtesy of Len Rogers.
Oily

kmills:

smallcoal:
Morning dean ,the Oakley marathon consisted of 3 brothers Trevor,Arthur,roger,Trevor started rotherwas transport pulling out of metal box and bsc p talbot ,Trevor and roger are in jail last I heard stealing plant equipment only Arthur is still in bisiness they from Hereford, I drove for Trevor he put the firm in liquidation and done a runner we had to chase the liquidators for wages holiday pay and all expenses cheers John ,

Smallcoal, my Dad recalls that Arthur was father to Trevor and Roger, and that he passed away many years ago. My Dad drove for Trevor in around 1970 for a short while, he drove an ERF reg OVJ 888 G, 180 Gardner & 5 spd Splitter box. The ERF was bought by Graham Roberts , of Ross Roadways / Roberts Transport.

Hi Dean,
The Leyland Badger belongs to Paul Adams from Brewood Staff’s. It was new to a company in Brownhills and has covered a huge mileage, it was traded in at Brownhills Commercials for a Leyland Comet in the early 1970’s. The owner of Brownhills Commercials, Ralph Ferrie, kept her for a few years until selling it to Paul in 1976 ish I think.
She now has a lift to shows on the back of Pauls M series, I suppose she has earned a rest!
2nd pic is me leaving Onslow Park Shrewsbury. Cheer’s Pete

43367502995_b5ed847693_b.jpg

L4478p.JPG

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Sunhill Transport Volvo.

T.Alun Jones Scania.

Dyfed Steels DAF.

Gary C Wright Scania.

J.D.Owen MAN.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Alan Price Volvo.

Pritchards DAF. Posted a Pritchards Foden on the previous page. Different colour and a tipper,anyone know if there is
a connection ■■

Villa Motors MAN.

Hi Dean ,some lovely stuff from Wales ,R&b Transport from Llanwrthwl nr Rhayader in Mid Wales ,they were a big steel haulier with AECs Atkinsons and a Scammell Crusader even ,they now do timber .
The Pritchard DAF is from Pontypool ,they were first established in Crickhowell ,the Foden tipper on the previous page i think were from Montgomery that area ,both have now finished regards Keith

Maurice Hill are still trading, they used to be at Glapwell but are possibly near Huthwaite now? I believe he started at Ballidon quarry with a wagon many years ago?

Pete.

windrush:
Maurice Hill are still trading, they used to be at Glapwell but are possibly near Huthwaite now? I believe he started at Ballidon quarry with a wagon many years ago?

Pete.

Yes Maurice Hill are still in business, in spite of running Mercedes, :frowning: , long established traditional haulier, all flat trailer work. They did have a satellite depot near Burton at one time.

DEANB:
Maritime Volvo.

Lloyds Animal Feeds DAF bulker. Dont think we have had one of these on before anyone know
where they are based ■■

Tesco ERF tanker.

Heltor DAF bulker.

Texaco ERF tanker.

Neal Brothers Scania. Dont think we have had one of these on here before,anyone know about them ■■

Translact Volvo tanker.

Tarmac Volvo.

“MT” MDW MAN from Newport. Hey Dean ,thanx great shot that has to be the M4 Newport ,do think Paul will buy a house their ?
Sunhill Transport are from the Shotton area i meet them on the A470 between Brecon and Builth ,as they say Dean keep them coming ,MT

K.J.Services Volvo from South Wales. Dont think we have had one of these on here.

blue estate:

BT still have one of these DAF’s on a J reg , the work shop use for going round Magna park at Lutterworth and it’s got Equimox exhaust fitted as well
P/s still in the Grey colour as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info “blue estate” .J reg getting on a bit now ! :wink:

oiltreader:
Hi Dean it looks like Maurice Hill on the door, another one different livery courtesy of Len Rogers.
Oily

Cheers Oily for the name and nice pic. :smiley:

David180:
“kmills”"smallcoal"Morning dean ,the Oakley marathon consisted of 3 brothers Trevor,Arthur,roger,Trevor started rotherwas transport pulling out of metal box and bsc p talbot ,Trevor and roger are in jail last I heard stealing plant equipment only Arthur is still in bisiness they from Hereford, I drove for Trevor he put the firm in liquidation and done a runner we had to chase the liquidators for wages holiday pay and all expenses cheers John ,

Smallcoal, my Dad recalls that Arthur was father to Trevor and Roger, and that he passed away many years ago. My Dad drove for Trevor in around 1970 for a short while, he drove an ERF reg OVJ 888 G, 180 Gardner & 5 spd Splitter box. The ERF was bought by Graham Roberts , of Ross Roadways / Roberts Transport.

Thanks for your comments “David180” who do you drive for ? :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The Leyland Badger belongs to Paul Adams from Brewood Staff’s. It was new to a company in Brownhills and has covered a huge mileage, it was traded in at Brownhills Commercials for a Leyland Comet in the early 1970’s. The owner of Brownhills Commercials, Ralph Ferrie, kept her for a few years until selling it to Paul in 1976 ish I think.
She now has a lift to shows on the back of Pauls M series, I suppose she has earned a rest!
2nd pic is me leaving Onslow Park Shrewsbury. Cheer’s Pete

Good pics and info Pete,thanks for posting ! :smiley:

kingswinford kit:
"DEANB"Some Welsh motors.

a connection ■■

Hi Dean ,some lovely stuff from Wales ,R&b Transport from Llanwrthwl nr Rhayader in Mid Wales ,they were a big steel haulier with AECs Atkinsons and a Scammell Crusader even ,they now do timber .
The Pritchard DAF is from Pontypool ,they were first established in Crickhowell ,the Foden tipper on the previous page i think were from Montgomery that area ,both have now finished regards Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith,i wondered about the Pritchard Foden ! :wink:

windrush:

Pete.

Thanks for confirming that Pete,nice to see that some of the older companies are still trading. :smiley:

gingerfold:
"windrush"Maurice Hill are still trading, they used to be at Glapwell but are possibly near Huthwaite now? I believe he started at Ballidon quarry with a wagon many years ago?

Pete.

Yes Maurice Hill are still in business, in spite of running Mercedes, :frowning: , long established traditional haulier, all flat trailer work. They did have a satellite depot near Burton at one time.

“IN SPITE OF RUNNING MERCEDES” :laughing: :laughing: Thats a cracker Graham ! Out of intrest how much did all those breakdowns cost
in the end ■■? :unamused:

MANTRONIC:
“MT” MDW MAN from Newport. Hey Dean ,thanx great shot that has to be the M4 Newport ,do think Paul will buy a house their ?
Sunhill Transport are from the Shotton area i meet them on the A470 between Brecon and Builth ,as they say Dean keep them coming ,MT

Hello “MT” if hes gonna buy a house i think it will be Craven Arms way ! :smiley: :wink:

Hello DEAN ,Paul going to buy a house in Craven Arms ,? Well he could do far worse lovely south shropshire scenery ,although the A49 is not as busy as it used to be still plenty of action with mid and north Wales hauliers ,thank you Trevor

tastrucker:
Hello DEAN ,Paul going to buy a house in Craven Arms ,? Well he could do far worse lovely south shropshire scenery ,although the A49 is not as busy as it used to be still plenty of action with mid and north Wales hauliers ,thank you Trevor

Thats the area he likes alot Trevor, but i dont think he is planning a move at the moment chap ! :wink:

Some oldies.

Allied Distribution Services Seddon Atkinson.

C.Schofield & Son Seddon Atkinson.

Is that a Ford Louiseville ■■ Dont recognise it but the pic was taken in Westbourne,Bournemouth.

Dennis Fall tipper from Ferndown.

Think it says Duncan Hill on the Scania.

Montague Meyer Maggie. Dont think we have had one on before anyone know where they were from ■■?

E.F.Phillips left hand drive Volvo F12 from Southampton. There main yard was in Parkstone.

Alan Brett Volvo F6. Looks like it was on European removal work.

Spencers Transport ERF. Think we have had these on before but cant remember where they were from ?

Litt Haul International Scania 141.

DEANB:
Montague Meyer Maggie. Dont think we have had one on before anyone know where they were from ■■?

Montague L Meyer is/was a large timber merchant and importer. I’m sure there were a number of depots, but Widnes sticks in my mind as one

M ,M Ltd Had timber out of Hull, I used to get back loads off them in the 80s, Not the best paid job, But they paid as soon as they recieved the my invioce for the loads done, So it was money in the bank, The good old days, Regards Larry.