maidment tankers9.jpg

maidment tankers10.jpg

Viridor Scania.

DCP_1237p.JPG

Vallance Scania.

P1001672p.JPG

Foreign MAN

P1001680p.JPG

Tidy DAF. Think this is the same company that used to manufacture there own tanker trailers.

P1001682p.JPG

Paul sent me these recent ones as they have all featured on here in the last week.

Allinsons Scanias and Volvo.

Meachers Volvo

Malcolm Volvo and Scania.

Album pics. Not taken by me.

W.J.Riding Atkinson.

Wincanton Bedford.

Smith for Service ERF

“windrush” one for you mucker. :wink:

Turners Roadtrain.

John Jardine Seddon Atkinson 400. Anyone know where he was based ■■

Dyfed Steels Volvo

Avon Tyres accident damaged Bedford TM.

Carefoot Defender.

Cooper Buckley Volvo FL10 with CB aerials.

Barry Gould Cargo unit from King Stag.

Bugler DAF. There trucks always looked very smart.

L4341p.JPG

This is a cracker Daz ! Andrews Plant Routeman.

One for “windrush” as he likes these. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

JCB Volvo F88

Tarmac Leyland Freighter.

Nice Riding’s shot Dean. :smiley:

Atkinson Borderer 4x2 tractor unit Reg No STF 710M Fleet No 50 ‘Glorious’.
This particular Atkinson Borderer was fitted with a Gardner 240 eight cylinder engine in line with a David Brown
eight speed gearbox and Kirkstall D85 hub reduction axle.
Registered new by Riding’s on the 1st of January 1974, at a cost of £7,947.50 plus vat, it was driven from new by
long serving Riding’s man Jack Moon.

Tom Riding tells me…
“This was the first unit to be fitted with a sleeper cab extension by W H Fowler of Leyland.
You can just see the joining where they have extended the roof, so we thought we could do a better job in house using a new one piece roof and all subsequent conversions were done this way”.
After nine years service STF 710M was sold on to John Killingbeck of Blackburn on the 30th of June 1983 for £3,000 plus vat who used it for spares such as radiator, engine and gearbox".

John Jardine was based in Wishaw nr Motherwell

hi Dean
Do you have pictures of foreign trucks from the 70s and 80s?
thank you so much !!!

DEANB:
We have had some nice rigid tankers on here.

Maidment rigid tanker brochure.

Click on pages twice to read.

Hello DEAN ,the mickey mouse Foden ,looks if it is ex Sankey sugar ,thank you Trevor

Some lovely photos again thanks… The black Iveco in the ‘foreign’ section is actually one of Clive Bull’s from Kent I think.

CLIVE BULL .jpg

DEANB:

Turners Roadtrain.

This is a rarity, one of three Roadtrains that Turners bought and the first photo I have seen of one. Those are cold store stillages in the background, used before moveable racking became the norm in cold stores. It could be Bury St Edmunds cold store.

DEANB:

W.J.Riding Atkinson.

This was actually the first Riding Atkinson to have a sleeper conversion, and it was carried out by W H Fowler of Leyland, a subsidiary of the well known Leyland-based PSV operator, J Fishwick & Sons Limited. It actually has a two-piece roof, and you can see the beading covering the join. Tom Riding redckoned they could do a better job in house, and he was right: they built their own thereafter, with a one-piece roof moulding.

The lorry ended up with Killingbeck, but only as a source of spares: it lay round the back of the garage for years, stripped of radiator, engine and gearbox, along with the similar JTB 888P. It didn’t sell in the Killingbeck auction, and I had the cab the following week.

I had in mind to use it on my Rear Steer but circumstances conspired against me on that, and the cab was broken up for spares instead.

P5010019 by Gardner 8LXB, on Flickr

DEANB:

John Jardine is from Wishaw, and was well known in Atkinson circles.

He had a restored Borderer during the 1980s:

5-18-2013_027. JGG 331N Atkinson Borderer by Ronnie Cameron, on Flickr

Then he caused more of a stir by buying one of John Killingbeck’s redundant 6x4 Atkinson 38 tonners (actually a cutdown 8-legger!), and rebuilding it for service:

Atkinson Ventuerer, GCY 802N, Killingbeck Transport. by Chris Pattison, on Flickr

Atkinson Ventuerer, GCY 802N, John Jardine. by Chris Pattison, on Flickr

GCY 802N Atkinson Defender by Chris Gardner, on Flickr

That one didn’t last long with him,. as built another for himself, a 38T tag axle Borderer with (I think) a 320 ■■■■■■■ and a Rockwell drive axle:

XTF 235N Atkinson Borderer by Chris Gardner, on Flickr

XTF 235N Atkinson Borderer by Chris Gardner, on Flickr

That wasn’t the end… when he retired it, he cut it down to 4x2 again, and rallied it for a bit, but it has since changed hands (and colours!) several times and I believe it is once again back in Scotland:

XTF 235N by busmadman, on Flickr

DEANB:
Barry Gould Cargo unit from King Stag.

Bugler DAF. There trucks always looked very smart.

Dean
That is a cracker a quality period working shot with the poclain excavator loading the Routeman tipper with muck thanks again to you guys for sharing all these great pictures Regards Daz :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

One for “windrush” as he likes these. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

JCB Volvo F88

Tarmac Leyland Freighter.

kingswinford kit:

tastrucker:

Buzzer:
tastrucker Caddy was great mates with Jim Rawlings of A.S.Rawlings from Alton and they ran lots of F89’s so may be it was Jim who influenced the buy or maybe second hand from ASR. those two used to go on holiday together to the USA and Jim told me one day that Caddy would try and barter the price even in a diner and when they hired a car he wanted a cheap version but Jim said we are on our hols lets have a Cadillac, cheers Buzzer

Hello buzzer and Dean ,the Caddy F89 ,was NNT…M ? it was the only example and from what i can make out they did not have any F12s, and the Scanias were all 111s ,thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor ,Caddies had a few DAFs as well would see them loading up at Llanwern ,and a Knighton based driver had one regards Keith

Hello Keith ,yes Caddies had a few DAFs the Knighton driver did a lot of Shotton work ,steel for Brangwyn at Gorseinon, but he also did fridge work as well ,thank you Trevor

moomooland:
Nice Riding’s shot Dean. :smiley:

Atkinson Borderer 4x2 tractor unit Reg No STF 710M Fleet No 50 ‘Glorious’.
This particular Atkinson Borderer was fitted with a Gardner 240 eight cylinder engine in line with a David Brown
eight speed gearbox and Kirkstall D85 hub reduction axle.
Registered new by Riding’s on the 1st of January 1974, at a cost of £7,947.50 plus vat, it was driven from new by
long serving Riding’s man Jack Moon.

Tom Riding tells me…
“This was the first unit to be fitted with a sleeper cab extension by W H Fowler of Leyland.
You can just see the joining where they have extended the roof, so we thought we could do a better job in house using a new one piece roof and all subsequent conversions were done this way”.
After nine years service STF 710M was sold on to John Killingbeck of Blackburn on the 30th of June 1983 for £3,000 plus vat who used it for spares such as radiator, engine and gearbox".

Thanks for the info Paul. I imagine that Tom had some buying power as that seems cheap for a motor in 1974,no doubt he got some discount. :wink:

SCANTASTIC:
John Jardine was based in Wishaw nr Motherwell

Cheers “SCANTASTIC” :smiley:

sm240:
hi Dean
thank you so much !!!

Will have a look. :wink:

tastrucker:
"DEANB"We have had some nice rigid tankers on here.
Hello DEAN ,the mickey mouse Foden ,looks if it is ex Sankey sugar ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the name Trevor ! :wink:

Mark R:
Some lovely photos again thanks… The black Iveco in the ‘foreign’ section is actually one of Clive Bull’s from Kent I think.

Well spotted Mark. :laughing:

gingerfold:
Turners Roadtrain.

This is a rarity, one of three Roadtrains that Turners bought and the first photo I have seen of one. Those are cold store stillages in the background, used before moveable racking became the norm in cold stores. It could be Bury St Edmunds cold store.

Any idea why they only ever bought 3 of them Graham out of intrest ?

240 Gardner:

John Jardine is from Wishaw, and was well known in Atkinson circles.

He had a restored Borderer during the 1980s:

Then he caused more of a stir by buying one of John Killingbeck’s redundant 6x4 Atkinson 38 tonners (actually a cutdown 8-legger!), and rebuilding it for service:

That one didn’t last long with him,. as built another for himself, a 38T tag axle Borderer with (I think) a 320 ■■■■■■■ and a Rockwell drive axle:

That wasn’t the end… when he retired it, he cut it down to 4x2 again, and rallied it for a bit, but it has since changed hands (and colours!) several times and I believe it is once again back in Scotland:

Thanks for all of the info and pictures Chris,very good. :smiley: :wink:

Heres a 401 he also operated.

ArcDaz:
Dean
That is a cracker a quality period working shot with the poclain excavator loading the Routeman tipper with muck thanks again to you guys for sharing all these great pictures Regards Daz :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:smiley: :wink:

tastrucker:
Hi Trevor ,Caddies had a few DAFs as well would see them loading up at Llanwern ,and a Knighton based driver had one regards Keith

Hello Keith ,yes Caddies had a few DAFs the Knighton driver did a lot of Shotton work ,steel for Brangwyn at Gorseinon, but he also did fridge work as well ,thank you Trevor
[/quote]
Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink:

sm240:
hi Dean
thank you so much !!!

French Maggie.

French Mercedes.

French Berliet tanker.

Spanish Pegaso.

Spanish Pegaso.

Some Welsh motors.

Gower Plant Hire MAN

Millforge MAN

K.C.S Scania.

R.E.Plant Scania.

A.E.Gough & Sons Volvo.

P1230966p.JPG

Healey Seddon.

T.French Volvo.

Grantham Road Services Buffalo.

Ellis & Co Bedford KM.

Kaye Goodfellow Foden.Posted an article about this company on page 269.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson car transporter ■■

G.Taylor ERF bulker. Not sure where they were from.

M.Woodhouse Volvo FL10.

Rank Hovis Volvo FL10.Unusual outfit bulk tanker with drawbar curtainsider.

Heres one for Chris. P&O Roadways Volvo FL7.

Shirleys Volvo F88 tanker.

H.J.Cutler Mercedes from Poole.

A.B.Carter Roadtrain. Not sure where they were based ■■

Hall & Co Constructor.

L4361p.JPG

RHM Seddon Atkinson 401 heading back to the mill in Poole.

DEANB:

sm240:
hi Dean
thank you so much !!!

French Maggie.

French Mercedes.

French Berliet tanker.

Spanish Pegaso.

Spanish Pegaso.

Some Welsh motors.

Gower Plant Hire MAN

Millforge MAN

K.C.S Scania. Hey DEAN ,great stuff ,have been trying to shoot a KCS myself …good man ,MT

R.E.Plant Scania.

A.E.Gough & Son

W. G Taylor were/are Skipton based.

Pete.