PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ARC Article from 1984.

For anyone intrested i also posted an article on a ARC Routeman on page 100.

Click on pages twice to read.

Advert 1970.

A new Foden at the factory.

L0521p.JPG

Looks like this one was taken at a show.

L0566p.JPG

Taken on the Isle of Man. What make is it ■■? BMC ■■ :unamused:

L0625p.JPG

We have had a pic of this company before. Anyone remember the name ■■? :laughing:

L0818p.JPG

“windrush” A couple of Tilcon’s. Were Pochin part of Hoveringham Gravels as that looks like a Mammoth on the side ■■

L1272.JPG

What make is this one chaps ■■? Seddon ■■ Looks like a Datsun car.

L1274p.JPG

Whites Leyland. They had a quarry between Wimborne and Poole back in the 70s/80s.

L1400p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■?

L1431p.JPG

Redline Transport Transcon from Poole.

L1435p.JPG

How about this one “ROF” :smiley:

Drinkwater Sabey Foden.

Bees Transport Scania.

Edenvale Seddon Atkinson.

What make is the crane chaps ■■?

Harvey, one of Dorchester Transport’s F10’s.

Datsun Volvo F10.

Anyone recognise the Bedford TM ■■

Anyone know where the Chindwell Mercedes was from ■■?
Sherry and Haycock Ford D series sticking out of a drive way behind who were a local builders merchant.

TLT Foden. Anyone know what TLT stood for ■■?

DEANB:
How about this one “ROF” :smiley:

Drinkwater Sabey Foden.

Bees Transport Scania.

Edenvale Seddon Atkinson.

What make is the crane chaps ■■?

Harvey, one of Dorchester Transport’s F10’s.

Datsun Volvo F10.

Anyone recognise the Bedford TM ■■

Anyone know where the Chindwell Mercedes was from ■■?
Sherry and Haycock Ford D series sticking out of a drive way behind who were a local builders merchant.

Hi Dean, Somewhere in the back of my mind makes me think the TLT Foden
was Tate & Lyle Transport…Bagged sugar on pallets for delivery to Cash & Carry
depots, and Supermarket RDCs perhaps. Someone with more knowledge than me
will no doubt know. Regards, Ray.

DEANB:
Its nice to see that some of the old companies that we have posted pics of the last few days are still going.
Although Framptons have now been taken over by Gregory’s.Heres some newer pics of some of the old companies posted this week.

Heres some Welsh motors.

Alan Price Volvo.

Arse end of a Mansel Davies Volvo.

G.Jones Scania.

Sunhill Transport Volvo.

Owens.

Hello Dean ,and thank you for another Sunhill ! Trevor

The two Tilcon concrete pumps; a lad I shared a room with while doing our class two training back in early 1976 at Pickering drove a Bedford KM pump on a car licence but he was being upgraded to a Foden S21 6 wheeler so had to get a class 2 for that. He lived in Bradford, maybe he drove one or both of those in the pic?

Pochin are still trading and still using the Elephant symbol. pochins.com/

Pete.

My dad under the hopper in one of the 2 brand new Dodges that got delivered to Hall Aggregates pit at Blackfield.

CACFFFA4-9E51-4D24-B7EF-FD42B1767AF3.jpeg

Stickman:
My dad under the hopper in one of the 2 brand new Dodges that got delivered to Hall Aggregates pit at Blackfield.

Any idea who’s double drive bogie they used on the two Dodges ? Eaton maybe ? Cheers Bewick.

Dean that Erf YEH776S is from Sandbach but I can’t think of the name ,a late one too may be on S reg ?

Chris Webb:
Sorry to hear about Seymour Clapcott Colin.
Was this MK3 “tin front” one of theirs,it’s same colour of the Park Royal Mercury?

Evening Chris,

Hope all is well with you on Manx Island?

yes it was one of Clapcotts, taken in Parkstone. i think its one of Nick Eagles pics. i should have credited him earlier.

regards
Colin

Stickman:

Evening Stickman.

great photo, saw someone local asking about information on Blackfield pits on Facebook. was that you?

regards
Colin

Ray Smyth:

Yes it was Tate & Lyle, and who had ambitions to develop it into a a third party distribution company. That went well…

Remember their depot at the side of the M62 at Brighouse? I’m racking my tired old brain now, to try to remember who took it over. Hmmmmm. It will come to me at 3 a.m.

DEANB:
Its nice to see that some of the old companies that we have posted pics of the last few days are still going.
Although Framptons have now been taken over by Gregory’s.Heres some newer pics of some of the old companies posted this week.

Heres some Welsh motors.

Alan Price Volvo.

Arse end of a Mansel Davies Volvo.

G.Jones Scania.

Sunhill Transport Volvo.

Owens.

Hi, just a photo I took in May 2018 at Monmouth showing another of Alan Price’s trucks. Love seeing the many comments and photo’s…Thanks…Paul…

Unipower, normally with Eaton 2 speed axles.
Apologies for photo quality.

Bewick:

Stickman:

Any idea who’s double drive bogie they used on the two Dodges ? Eaton maybe ? Cheers Bewick.

Hi, Dean, I’m surprised no-one has offered info on the little tipper on the previous page:
Yes, it is a BMC, badged as an Austin. I had a platform FFK, my first (legal!) HGV with an Eaton 2-speed axle. An oddball in the fleet, it came when the firm took over a two-vehicle business after the owner retired. Absolutely loved it, but it soon went and I got an S-type Bedford.

Hall Aggregates Scammell close to me heart. Great photos by the way :smiley:

Ray Smyth:

Thanks Ray you are right as Paul confirmed it was Tate & Lyle. The colour totally threw me as totally different to their normal motors. :smiley:

tastrucker:
Sunhill Transport Volvo.

Hello Dean ,and thank you for another Sunhill ! Trevor

:wink:

windrush:
The two Tilcon concrete pumps; a lad I shared a room with while doing our class two training back in early 1976 at Pickering drove a Bedford KM pump on a car licence but he was being upgraded to a Foden S21 6 wheeler so had to get a class 2 for that. He lived in Bradford, maybe he drove one or both of those in the pic?
Pochin are still trading and still using the Elephant symbol. pochins.com/
Pete.

Thanks for the comments Pete and the link. I will have a look at that ! :smiley:

Stickman:

Nice pic “Stickman”, thanks for posting cant beat a nice black and white shot ! :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
Dean that Erf YEH776S is from Sandbach but I can’t think of the name ,a late one too may be on S reg ?

I cant either “Punchy Dan” we have had one of it on before !!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

nilocekyd:
"Chris Webb"Sorry to hear about Seymour Clapcott Colin.
Was this MK3 “tin front” one of theirs,it’s same colour of the Park Royal Mercury?

Evening Chris,
Hope all is well with you on Manx Island?
yes it was one of Clapcotts, taken in Parkstone. i think its one of Nick Eagles pics. i should have credited him earlier.
regards Colin

Thanks for the input Chris & Colin. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“Ray Smyth”

Yes it was Tate & Lyle, and who had ambitions to develop it into a a third party distribution company. That went well…
Remember their depot at the side of the M62 at Brighouse? I’m racking my tired old brain now, to try to remember who took it over. Hmmmmm. It will come to me at 3 a.m.

Thanks for confirming also that it was Tate & Lyle ! :smiley:

Me.Paul.101:
Alan Price Volvo.

Hi, just a photo I took in May 2018 at Monmouth showing another of Alan Price’s trucks. Love seeing the many comments and photo’s…Thanks…Paul…0

Thanks for the commentand pic Paul. :wink:

Appy:
Unipower, normally with Eaton 2 speed axles.
Apologies for photo quality.
"Bewick"Stickman"My dad under the hopper in one of the 2 brand new Dodges that got delivered to Hall Aggregates pit at Blackfield.

Thanks for your comments Dennis and the pic/info “Appy” :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Hi, Dean, I’m surprised no-one has offered info on the little tipper on the previous page:
Yes, it is a BMC, badged as an Austin. I had a platform FFK, my first (legal!) HGV with an Eaton 2-speed axle. An oddball in the fleet, it came when the firm took over a two-vehicle business after the owner retired. Absolutely loved it, but it soon went and I got an S-type Bedford.

Thanks for confirming that “ROF” :laughing:

I wondered if anyone knew the make of the chassis that the crane was on ■■? There were a few manufacturers making half cabs back then ■■ :unamused:

RMC-GAZ:
Hall Aggregates Scammell close to me heart. Great photos by the way :smiley:

Thanks for the pic and comments “RMC-GAZ” :wink:

Guest Road Services from Bath.

Click on pages twice to read.

Clipping from 1974.

1974 guest ppg.PNG

Clipping from 1982.

guest 1982.PNG

Robert Body Mercedes tipper.

P3290059p.JPG

Thanet Waste MAN.

P3310027.JPG

Whites Mercedes.

P3300026p.JPG

Universal DAF car transporter.

P3300033p.JPG

Bonnings DAF.

P5270035.JPG

David Andrew Scania.

P3300014p.JPG

Asda Scania,dont remember them being this colour scheme ?

P5300104p.JPG

Total ERF tanker.

P5300136p.JPG

MDS Transport ERF.

P7090050p.JPG

Scania

P8090046p.JPG

M.Elliott Foden

Anyone recognise the LHD Transcon ■■ Probably taken in Poole.

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

Alpha Steel Maggie.

John Weaver Foden from Poole.

Robert Oliver Atkinson.

Cant see the name on the door of the Leyland / AEC ■■?

Esso Seddon Atkinson.

Cox Bul Haul Volvo F12.

MFI DAF.