PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Newell & Wright F88.

Army or ex Army Foden.

Prestons of Potto Seddon Atkinson.

M.H.Warren Seddon Atkinson from Somerset.

Leonard Crane Volvo F88.

Ken Abram Mercedes.

Anyone recognise the AEC livestock truck ■■?

Drinkwater Sabey Foden.

Says Gil-Flex on the trailer but not sure if thats the haulier as the trailer looks red. Anyone recognise the Merc ■■

W.H.Geer Foden from Parkstone,Poole.

National Coal Board.

paulgee national coal boardc.jpg

2017-06-19 17.52.12.jpg

paulgee national coal boardb.jpg

A02710.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.1983

DEANB:
D.R.Wheeler Foden tipper.

Oswestry Waste Paper Mercedes.

Hall & Pickles ERF from Poynton.
Hi Dean hall and pickles got a place in cross keys as well

Tidy Scania of P & G Marsh from Shropshire.

Berwyn Volvo.

Another independent haulier Judds Transport taken over by a larger company. I believe Gregory’s bought them.

Friel Scania.

S.J.Griffiths Scania. Powerful for a 6 wheeler.

N.Groom Haulage MAN from South Wales.
An owner driver does container work

Hicks Scania.

Hi, Dean, The Hall & Pickles ERF is one of about a dozen contract vehicles supplied and operated by David Bratt of Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, one of my (many!) former employers. I started off with a pretty ancient, but fast, Leyland 4-wheeler, graduating to an ERF similar to the one pictured. Later I had control (mostly!) of an ERF EC11 and when the steel distribution went a bit slack, used it on general haulage. Bratts were a super little family and were an excellent employer.
H&P’s South Wales branch, mentioned by smallcoal was serviced by a fleet of ‘orrible, tatty motors belonging to Hicks’, if I recall correctly. They also had a depot in Daventry.

I have had an email from a gentleman called Peter Kenrick. Peter is a former HGV driver and also
a transport enthusiast, whom I met a couple of years ago at a Model Railway Exhibition in Crosby,
Merseyside. I don’t know any precise detail, but Peter owned, or part owned a Leyland Beaver which
was ex Jarvis Robinson Transport from Bootle. His email informs me that this Leyland Beaver has been
recently filmed in an episode of “Endeavour” for ITV, and will appear in tomorrow nights episode of the
show which starts at 8 p.m. Are there any Trucknet members out there, with far better Digital/Laptop
skills than the basic things that I am capable of, that are capable of watching the episode and downloading
any images of the Leyland ?.

Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

420 bhp in a 26t gross six - legger? Why all that power I wonder? The Scania 420 also runs at 44t gross.

I’m getting old……………………. :laughing:
Or jealous appen. :smiley:

griffiths.JPG

DEANB:

Wm Rowe from Tamworth, here’s one of their Marshal’s that had a long life.

Rowe Marshal.jpg

Chris Webb:
:shock: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

420 bhp in a 26t gross six - legger? Why all that power I wonder? The Scania 420 also runs at 44t gross.

That looks like a road planning body on the Scania so chances are he tows a trailer with the planer on, to and from the jobs - hence the seemingly vast power… :smiley:

420 horses in a 6 isn’t uncommon nowadays, especially down on the Mendips

Don’t fret too much, I’m getting old too…

…certainly not jealous though! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Piston broke:

Chris Webb:
:shock: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That looks like a road planning body on the Scania so chances are he tows a trailer with the planer on, to and from the jobs - hence the seemingly vast power… :smiley:

420 horses in a 6 isn’t uncommon nowadays, especially down on the Mendips

Don’t fret too much, I’m getting old too…

…certainly not jealous though! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

there is one six wheeler in west wales on contract to tarmac with a 480

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Dyfed Steels DAF.

Gwynedd Shipping Volvo.

Tarmac ERF.
the tarmac ERF was owned by William Morgan. truck has long gone and he has retired

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

A.J.Carrington & Sons ERF.

R.J.Mason Volvo from Newport.

Owens trailer being pulled by Seabourne Transport. Are they a Welsh company ■■

Hicks Volvo.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Chilton Bulk Transport Volvo

Dean, Gil-Flex was a trailer hire company - part of the giant Unilever group.
Haven’t seen them around since the late 70’s at a guess.

Cheers, Keith
gilflex.JPG

[/quote]
Maybe a VBG at the back to pull a second tipper trailer ■■? poss, or am i also a little Jealous., antway payload crap :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey

HRS:

We ran some 420s on tramping work, converted 6x2 tractors into 6x2 rigids with 20ft bodies on, running at 25T they returned 13MPG against the old one with I think 320 in at around 8mpg, and the drivers loved them cos they just dropped onto top gear and away they went

smallcoal:
Hall & Pickles ERF from Poynton.
Hi Dean hall and pickles got a place in cross keys as well

N.Groom Haulage MAN from South Wales.
An owner driver does container work

Thanks for the info John, good stuff chap ! :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Hi, Dean, The Hall & Pickles ERF is one of about a dozen contract vehicles supplied and operated by David Bratt of Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, one of my (many!) former employers. I started off with a pretty ancient, but fast, Leyland 4-wheeler, graduating to an ERF similar to the one pictured. Later I had control (mostly!) of an ERF EC11 and when the steel distribution went a bit slack, used it on general haulage. Bratts were a super little family and were an excellent employer.
H&P’s South Wales branch, mentioned by smallcoal was serviced by a fleet of ‘orrible, tatty motors belonging to Hicks’, if I recall correctly. They also had a depot in Daventry.

Cheers “ROF” That comment “many former employers” made me laugh !! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Heres an F88 to keep the blood pressure right chap ! :smiley: :wink:

Ray Smyth:
I have had an email from a gentleman called Peter Kenrick. Peter is a former HGV driver and also
a transport enthusiast, whom I met a couple of years ago at a Model Railway Exhibition in Crosby,
Merseyside. I don’t know any precise detail, but Peter owned, or part owned a Leyland Beaver which
was ex Jarvis Robinson Transport from Bootle. His email informs me that this Leyland Beaver has been
recently filmed in an episode of “Endeavour” for ITV, and will appear in tomorrow nights episode of the
show which starts at 8 p.m. Are there any Trucknet members out there, with far better Digital/Laptop
skills than the basic things that I am capable of, that are capable of watching the episode and downloading
any images of the Leyland ?.

Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Hopefully someone can help you Ray. :smiley:

gingerfold:

Wm Rowe from Tamworth, here’s one of their Marshal’s that had a long life.

You did well to spot that one Graham,thanks for the name ! :laughing:

jonmea:
Tarmac ERF.
the tarmac ERF was owned by William Morgan. truck has long gone and he has retired

Good stuff “jonmea” thanks for the info. :wink:

kmills:
Dean, Gil-Flex was a trailer hire company - part of the giant Unilever group.
Haven’t seen them around since the late 70’s at a guess.
Cheers, Keith. quote]

Thanks for the info about Gil-Flex Keith. :wink:

Thanks for the comments from everyone about the big engined Scania,i did wonder if it possibly did pull a trailer. Good stuff chaps. :smiley: :wink:

USA tipper trucks.

Ford.

L0891p.JPG

Ford.

L0892p.JPG

Ford.

L0895p.JPG

White.

L0903p.JPG

Kenworth.

L1010p.JPG

I dont think i have ever seen this model before ■■? Anyone know the make ?

L1066p.JPG

Kenworth.

L1072p.JPG

Think its an International.

L1092p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Think its F1 Logistics MAN ■■

P4250068p.JPG

Think its Taylor Barnard ■■

P4250107p.JPG

Walkers Crisps Scania.

P4250110p.JPG

Matalan ERF

P4250136p.JPG

Omega Scania.

P4250144p.JPG

Johnson & Boles MAN.

P4250153p.JPG

Waste to Compost ERF.

P4250170.JPG

Hanson Mercedes.

P5300004p.JPG

B.K.P ERF Not sure what the initials stand for ■■

P7040012p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■ Think its Paul ■■?

P8050008p.JPG

Danish Bacon.

paulgee danish bacon.jpg

AQ04.JPG

A02088.JPG

Danish Bacon article from 1967.

Some odds and sods.

ERF.

AEC Militant.

Timber haulage 1969.

C.J.Pearce Volvo F88.Anyone know where they were based ■■

I dont remember ever seeing this F86 Volvo of Ings Transport from Fordingbridge. I can only ever remember them running DAF 2800’s back in the 70’s.

Tom Brown Precast Albion. Anyone know where they were from ■■

Anyone recognise the timber Atkinson Defender ■■?

Frozen Fare ERF

Anyone recognise the ERF overtaking the Safeway Seddon Atkinson ■■

Bemrose Mercedes.

Dukes Transport Volvo F10. Another big old company gone…

Bowies ERF.

Seymoor Scania 111

DEANB:
Newell & Wright F88.

I thought I’d taken more at the time, but this is the only one I can find right now… :unamused:

Taken in Newell & Wright’s yard in April 2004