PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Thanks for the comments and pictures. :wink:

We have had some nice Scammell Trunkers on here,but not that many. The tanker companies seem to like them.

A02078.JPG

L0677p.JPG

A00407 fb.JPG

2017-07-15 22.16.13.jpg

AT01.JPG

L0506p.JPG

A04178p.JPG

Scammell Trunker.

Click on pages twice to read.

Scammell Trunker Brochure.

Some oldies.

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice.

Bedford 1967.

AEC 1966.

Leyland 1970.

Leyland 1967.

Foden tippers.

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■

Poole Trucking DAF,taken at Poole docks.

Calor Transport ERF

Anyone recognise the FIAT ■■?

Swains of Stretton Scania.

Interoute DAF.

Lloyds of Ludlow DAF

Anyone recognise the Dennis ■■?

BP ERF tanker.

Mansell Volvo F88. Anyone know where they were from ■■

Tunnel AVEBE Starches Volvo F7.

Graham Amos Scania.

JAKEY BRS Guy.

Smithy Haulage Seddon Atkinson.

Safeway Atkinson.

SKOL Foden.

Ray, one from Wigan. Warburton Carriers DAF.

Ailey Ltd Scania. Looks like it was doing Wales. “Welsh Express”

M.C.Page Transcontinental bulker. Anyone know where they were from ■■

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

Those ERFs were John Stephens from Newport They became dark blue with a white stripe when they came out of Bells and onto steel haulage

Another nice batch of photos Dean,thanks.A little story about a Scammell Trunker of Bird’s Eye Foods.
When I was on nights in late 60s I used to see a Bird’s Eye artic regular either south of the Blackwall Tunnel,in the tunnel or on Commercial Road.One night I followed one through the northbound and noticed bits of tunnel masonry falling around my AEC,so I kept back. When I got on Commercial Road I flashed him and he stopped. I told him what had happened and it dawned on the driver that his Trunker was higher than the AEC Mandator that he usually had.When we looked at the front n/s corner of the trailer there was a tiny bit of damage but nowt serious. :smiley: The height limit is 4 meters according to Wiki but it used to be in old money and there were gantry type structures at the approach,if you couldn’t get under them then you couldn’t use the tunnel.So his fridge trailer can only have been a gnat’s too high - unless he ignored the warning. :laughing:

DEANB:
Mansell Volvo F88. Anyone know where they were from ■■

Tunnel AVEBE Starches Volvo F7.

Graham Amos Scania.

JAKEY BRS Guy.

Smithy Haulage Seddon Atkinson.

Safeway Atkinson.

SKOL Foden.

Ray, one from Wigan. Warburton Carriers DAF.

Ailey Ltd Scania. Looks like it was doing Wales. “Welsh Express”

M.C.Page Transcontinental bulker. Anyone know where they were from ■■

Hi Dean, The Mansell Volvo is from Bogroll & Kitchen Roll manufacturer whose full title was
Mansell, Hunt, & Catty Ltd. Their factory was at Blackrod, just off the A6, between Bolton
and Chorley. I think, but I may be wrong, that this factory became part of the Fort Sterling
operation, they were also manufacturers of Bum Fodder. :laughing: :laughing:
Also, Thank you for the Warburton Transport picture, I will try and borrow it for the Wigan
Transport Companies thread. As ever, I am grateful for your input on this and other threads.
Kind Regards, Ray.

The red Foden six wheeler tipper will be ex Tarmac, not many other firms had them with the ■■■■■■■ V engine.

Pete.

Hi dean some pics various ,Paul moomooland one for you the bus article is from the cover mag ,also one for mr bewick

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

Hi Chris ,…yes that ERF has a Cardiff reg it is a 1979 unit …HB was the former Merthyr reg up until 1974,when the reg was surrendered to Cardiff …DW the former Newport issue also became a Cardiff reg …
John Stephens had several of those ERFs that purple livery …as did Russell Bevan …remember them loading up at Hoovers Merthyr …DEAN ,and Paul always fab stuff from S Wales …lol …Geraint

The only time i saw a Merthyr reg was on the Corporation buses .!! fair play they did look after them always looked smart ,regards Keith

Yeah thats true ,my uncle drovefor Morlais services some of thier buses were Merthyr reg .
Carline Transport ,had a batch of Scanias that were R230-240CHB ,but registered in Cardiff ,hey DEAN any Carline pics ? dont think we have seen any so far ,thanx MT

MANTRONIC:

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

Hi Chris ,…yes that ERF has a Cardiff reg it is a 1979 unit …HB was the former Merthyr reg up until 1974,when the reg was surrendered to Cardiff …DW the former Newport issue also became a Cardiff reg …
John Stephens had several of those ERFs that purple livery …as did Russell Bevan …remember them loading up at Hoovers Merthyr …DEAN ,and Paul always fab stuff from S Wales …lol …Geraint

The only time i saw a Merthyr reg was on the Corporation buses .!! fair play they did look after them always looked smart ,regards Keith

Yeah thats true ,my uncle drovefor Morlais services some of thier buses were Merthyr reg .
Carline Transport ,had a batch of Scanias that were R230-240CHB ,but registered in Cardiff ,hey DEAN any Carline pics ? dont think we have seen any so far ,thanx MT

Hi mantronic,I had scania s924 I got some carline I will put on courtesy of Ron and Chris

Hi mt,some ct

These courtesy of Chris farnah,Carlines dafs were p reg,scanias r reg then s901,902 were bullnose scanias driven by big ■■■■ (RIP) and Peter salmon, then the others were 920 up ,the mans were t reg ,and some were ex Cardiff

Wasn’t Carline an amalgamation of Blue Line Transport and Cardiff Transport. I remember them well in Sheffield area,in fact I think the late Johnny Trotter who used to be on here drove for them out of Sheffield.

Chris Webb:
Wasn’t Carline an amalgamation of Blue Line Transport and Cardiff Transport. I remember them well in Sheffield area,in fact I think the late Johnny Trotter who used to be on here drove for them out of Sheffield.

Hi Chris,Cardiff transport bought out blue line and became carline ,car(diff) (blue) line Carlton Hobbs came up with it so hence the name I had h912 with Cardiff then again with carline then a scania ,they sold out to stiller so stiller could have their registration number in pt as stiller wasn’t registered in there so they had to go under stiller carline