PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

moomooland:
M6 looking North towards Junction 19 the slip road in the foreground is for Knutsford Services
View today.
A556 South of Northwich were it crosses the River Weaver.
View today

Paul certainly got about on his travels. :smiley:

Paul, i take it you live around that area.

Paul Gee has sent you a message ! :wink: :smiley:

paulgeebike.PNG

Todays final pics of the first batch.

Will start batch two tomorrow with Mark Bailey’s pictures. :smiley:

Coalite ERF from Chesterfield.

CZ0004.JPG

Ravenhead Brick Co,Foden

CZ0005.JPG

Philmac Scammell

CZ0006.JPG

Manchester Plant Equipment,early F88

CZ0015.JPG

Foden crane,with unusual cab.

DA0002.JPG

Volvo F89 of D & J Hedgeman,Bindon Abbey.

DA0017.JPG

E.F.Phillips from Poole.

DA0023.JPG

DA0024p.JPG

Wellington bricks.

DC0001.JPG

RHM ERF

DC0006.JPG

DEANB:

Now that’s what I CALL a split windscreen! :open_mouth:

The first 3 pics are of H.J.Cutler from Poole.

DA0030.JPG

DA0032.JPG

BFC early F88

Nesfield transport from Liverpool with another early F88

DC0010.JPG

DAF 2800

DE0027.JPG

Smith for service ERF

CQ0027.JPG

Yardley Foden from Leeds.

CQ0006.JPG

DEANB:

RHM ERF

Not a usual RHM Agriculture make and model from date of its registration. I would hazard a guess that it was inherited from a company RHM Agriculture acquired. The AEC Marshal was the default six-wheeler model in RHM Agriculture for years. This is typical, with a fold-flat body that could be used as either a tipper or a flat. RHM Agriculture at Simmons Watt Banbury had the last AEC Marshal built, in 1977.

What a smashing looking Scammell Handyman in Philmac colours. Wonder where it had been delivering to?

Where ever it was, he had an easy time of it with a single-axle trailer, BD!

Two tenuous maybes for the E F Phillips of Poole Foden. which is Kent registered. It might be a second hand acquisition form Nickolls of Folkestone who ran a large fleet of Foden mixers mainly with Foden two stroke engines. Or possibly more likely it was first registered after having what looks like a Rochester built Winget mixer fitted to the chassis.

Retired Old ■■■■:

Haha well spotted ROF! :smiley: What would’ve been the gross net? 18 tons?

BonkeyDollocks:
What a smashing looking Scammell Handyman in Philmac colours. Wonder where it had been delivering to?

Paul took the photo at Monks Heath on the A537 and the truck was heading West ! :wink:

DEANB:

paulgeebike.PNGThanks for the message Paul
I find that amazing that you were on your bike.
Its ok around Cheshire nice and flat but did you venture a bit further East towards the Pennines with all those hills :smiley:

Yes i have lived in the North West all my life, wish i had a £1 for every time i have travelled down that M6. :smiley:
Drove for Lowfields on the Sainsbury contract out of Stakehill Middleton for 21 years.

A2.jpgI drove this from new and took this shot at Sainsbury’s Whitley Bay branch when it was only a few days old.

Can someone tell me without googling the answer ! What are Klemp klamps ■■ :unamused:

They are in the advert,double click on page and it will magnify for reading.

BonkeyDollocks:

Retired Old ■■■■:

From memory- which ain’t very good, these days- I seem to recall that three axles got you 20 tons gross, but I’m willing to be corrected. Our North-Eastern pal, Larry will probably know.

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Now that’s what I CALL a split windscreen! :open_mouth:

Indeed Robert, i would imagaine that was a rare Foden ! :wink:

gingerfold:

DEANB:

RHM ERF

Not a usual RHM Agriculture make and model from date of its registration. I would hazard a guess that it was inherited from a company RHM Agriculture acquired. The AEC Marshal was the default six-wheeler model in RHM Agriculture for years. This is typical, with a fold-flat body that could be used as either a tipper or a flat. RHM Agriculture at Simmons Watt Banbury had the last AEC Marshal built, in 1977.

Thanks Graham for the comments and photo ! :wink: :smiley:

BonkeyDollocks:

:smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:

:wink:

cav551:
Two tenuous maybes for the E F Phillips of Poole Foden. which is Kent registered. It might be a second hand acquisition form Nickolls of Folkestone who ran a large fleet of Foden mixers mainly with Foden two stroke engines. Or possibly more likely it was first registered after having what looks like a Rochester built Winget mixer fitted to the chassis.

“cav551” Thanks for your comments,you obviously know your mixers chap !! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

BonkeyDollocks:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Thanks for your input “BonkeyDollocks” :wink: :smiley:

moomooland:

DEANB:

Thanks for the message Paul
I find that amazing that you were on your bike.
Its ok around Cheshire nice and flat but did you venture a bit further East towards the Pennines with all those hills :smiley:

Yes i have lived in the North West all my life, wish i had a £1 for every time i have travelled down that M6. :smiley:
Drove for Lowfields on the Sainsbury contract out of Stakehill Middleton for 21 years.
I drove this from new and took this shot at Sainsbury’s Whitley Bay branch when it was only a few days old.

Yes Paul he did an awful lot of riding back then on his bike,once road to Manchester in 2 days from either Stroud or Bournemouth
area ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :smiley: :laughing: :wink: Thats what i call dedication ! :laughing:

DEANB:
Can someone tell me without googling the answer ! What are Klemp klamps ■■ :unamused:

They are in the advert,double click on page and it will magnify for reading.

Dont forget this chaps,what are Klemp Klamps ■■? :question: :unamused:

Click on advert twice to magnify for reading !

Retired Old ■■■■:

BonkeyDollocks:

Retired Old ■■■■:

From memory- which ain’t very good, these days- I seem to recall that three axles got you 20 tons gross, but I’m willing to be corrected. Our North-Eastern pal, Larry will probably know.

Cheers “Retired Old ■■■■” thanks for your input ! :wink:

Hi all ,re axle weights when I was shunting we would weigh out tandem trailers with two axle unit gross weight 32 tonnes which meant trailers could carry up to 20 tonnes ,when tri axles came in it went up to 38 ,meaning we would put on 23 tonnes, then a six wheeler with tri axle went to 42 tonne now it is 44 tonne hope this makes sense cheers John

These are the trucks we used for shunting in the 80,s loading trailers some are mr coopers from his joints day ,the first pic would tare out at 32 tonne,then 2nd pic would be 38 tonne

image.jpeg

image.png

DF9B894E-688D-4D23-A06C-C9D5EED8BD54.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi all ,re axle weights when I was shunting we would weigh out tandem trailers with two axle unit gross weight 32 tonnes which meant trailers could carry up to 20 tonnes ,when tri axles came in it went up to 38 ,meaning we would put on 23 tonnes, then a six wheeler with tri axle went to 42 tonne now it is 44 tonne hope this makes sense cheers John

smallcoal:
These are the trucks we used for shunting in the 80,s loading trailers some are mr coopers from his joints day ,the first pic would tare out at 32 tonne,then 2nd pic would be 38 tonne

Thanks for your comments John,and the pics ! Do you know what the weight was for a single axle trailer ■■? :wink: :smiley:

Starting the second batch of photos today,which also include Paul’s friend Mark Bailey’s pictures. :smiley:

Some of Mark’s were taken locally to me around Poole,but alot were taken in the Stafford and
Middlewich areas. Hopefully that will be intresting for people living that way !

I will be posting 10 of each daily. I have 300 of Mark’s photos and once they have run out i will go back
to posting 20 of Paul’s a day.

Personally i think these are of a better quality than the first batch,and they are all colour.

Hopefully Paul can persuade Mark to let us have some more once we have seen the first 300 ! But i cant guarantee we will get any more !

DEANB:

smallcoal:

smallcoal:

Thanks for your comments John,and the pics ! Do you know what the weight was for a single axle trailer ■■? :wink: :smiley:[/quote ) I no idea as I never loaded a single axle mr cooper would know as his father most probably pulled one to DuPort works in Briton ferry

Paul pics.

Starting with a bit of quality F88, UCC looks like Southampton.

2017-06-06 17.33.16.jpg

Spanish MAN arriving at Poole docks.

2017-06-06 17.22.29.jpg

H.J.Cutler of Poole outside Hamworthy engineering.

2017-06-06 17.36.45.jpg

French DAF on Ringwood road,Poole heading for the docks.

2017-06-06 17.40.25.jpg

ACT Scania,looks like Southampton.

2017-06-06 18.04.21.jpg

SIS Scania 140

2017-06-07 15.21.26.jpg

Richards & Osborne’s F88. Not sure where this was taken does’nt look like Poole,possibly Southampton ■■

2017-06-07 15.33.50.jpg

G.F.Davison’s Transcon in Southampton.

2017-06-07 15.42.04.jpg

Foden of Drinkwater’s. Not sure where it was taken again possibly Southampton ■■

2017-06-07 15.49.04.jpg

Lawson F88 again maybe Southampton ■■

2017-06-07%2015.55.07.jpg