PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Punchy Dan:
The yellow Daf artic tipper looks like he’s being overtaken by a waters 8 wheeler :open_mouth:

Morning dan did see you joining the m5 at Bristol only caught you at last moment I did blow the horns I was heading to Yate cheers John

moomooland:
1ERF KV Reg No 373 FOD was new to Harris & Miners of Devon in October 1960 and apparently was their first ERF.
It was old for £12,925 at auction in September 2012 and having being fully restored can still be seen at various rallies today.

Nice pic Paul ! :smiley:

pete smith:
Pete Smith,this looks like one of Appleby’s to me,what do you think ■■
Morning Dean,
Definitely one of Applebys, Dean may I re-post the picture on Black Country Haulier thread, I will credit Paul for the picture? I recognise the driver I think but cannot put a name to him!

Yeah no worries Pete ! :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean/Paul,
You are spoiling this Black Country lad today!!
1st pic is Chas Pugh’s from Darlaston, still trading!
2nd pic is Tommy Baker, originally from Tipton, opposite the former Vono bed Factory (remember them!) and now on Cakemore road Rowley Regis, another one still trading… a rare comment to make about old established companies nowadays! Thank you very much lads, much appreciated.

Thanks for the comments Pete ! :smiley:

HRS:
Good morning all,
Found a few pics I had forgotten about.
This is one I took at the Marie Curie “Ladys driving challenge”, held on part of the Bovington tank range. 2001
Each woman ( no men allowed ) they could only drop off and pick up at the entrance, were given a card with thier sponsorship to drive over 20 vehicles.
Truck, ambulances, fire engines, police cars and military kit and after each drive they had thier card signed off by the vehicle oporator.
Eldest lady I had was 91 and by god she could handle it, drove in WW2 and a shear joy to be with and talk to.
Trailer loaded and loaned from P&O bournmouth.
Will allways remember the faces of each lady when she passed and had her card signed off. Harvey

A friend of mine went to that Harvey and she really enjoyed it. I dont know if it was the same year or is it
something they do every year ■■ :smiley:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:
Morning Dean/Paul,
You are spoiling this Black Country lad today!!
1st pic is Chas Pugh’s from Darlaston, still trading!
2nd pic is Tommy Baker, originally from Tipton, opposite the former Vono bed Factory (remember them!) and now on Cakemore road Rowley Regis, another one still trading… a rare comment to make about old established companies nowadays! Thank you very much lads, much appreciated.

T Baker have been going a long time.I remember them in District Iron and Steel down Brasshouse Lane, West Brom when I was backloading out of there in 1968.

The pics certainly do bring back some memories Chris. :wink:

FLOURPOWER:

DEANB:
One for “FLOURPOWER” Bowman’s Seddon Atkinson.

VERY NICE DEAN Cheers Keith.

:laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
Here’s another Bowmans motor, one of their E14 ERF’s from 1987.Or if you really want to go back in time here’s a 1954 Commer :stuck_out_tongue: .

Nice pics Paul,thanks for posting. The early Commer reminds me of some of the early American conventional
trucks. :smiley: :wink:

Punchy Dan:
The yellow Daf artic tipper looks like he’s being overtaken by a waters 8 wheeler :open_mouth:

:imp:

Have you borrowed “240Gardner’s” Anorkak chap !!! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Morning dan did see you joining the m5 at Bristol only caught you at last moment I did blow the horns I was heading to Yate cheers John

Sorry John didn’t see you , I wonder if we will both appear on here in 30 odd yrs time ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

T.C.Brears Marathon.

Click on pages twice to read.

Anyone recognise the Mercedes arriving at Poole docks ■■ Fridge looks like it has a distinctive blue strip ■■

L0322p.JPG

BRS DAF.

L0379p.JPG

Gibbs ERF.

L0392p.JPG

Budget Bedford.

L0439p.JPG

Some new Fodens.

L0498p.JPG

Greenwoods DAF in Poole.They used to collect alot of trailer from Poole docks
loaded with Zanussi washing machines.

L0502p.JPG

Little Canford Haulage from Wimborne. Long gone now the owner used to run about 5 rigids
from a garage that is still going in Wimborne.

L0512p.JPG

Unusual shot. A bit before my time chaps,think its a Leyland or Albion ■■?

L0614p.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY,think its Isle of Man,so Chris may know ■■

L0626p.JPG

Edwards of Hull Crusader.

L0642p.JPG

A friend of mine went to that Harvey and she really enjoyed it. I dont know if it was the same year or is it
something they do every year ■■ :smiley:

They tried to find new places each year to cover a greater area but could well have gone back to Bovington in future years.
Exeter rcecourse was also a good venue, Harvey.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes arriving at Poole docks ■■ Fridge looks like it has a distinctive blue strip ■■

L0379p.jpg

BRS DAF.

Gibbs ERF.

Budget Bedford.

Some new Fodens.

Greenwoods DAF in Poole.They used to collect alot of trailer from Poole docks
loaded with Zanussi washing machines.

Little Canford Haulage from Wimborne. Long gone now the owner used to run about 5 rigids
from a garage that is still going in Wimborne.

Unusual shot. A bit before my time chaps,think its a Leyland or Albion ■■?

Anyone recognise the GUY,think its Isle of Man,so Chris may know ■■

Edwards of Hull Crusader.

Hi Dean,
The BRS DAF here is coming out of the old entrance to Swansea dock…it’s pulling a B + I line trailer…B + I used Swansea dock for freight from Ireland back in the late 70s early 80s. …Morris Bros were the main contractor though.

Regards Mark

Yes,it’s an Isle of Man registered Guy not sure who it belonged to so have asked a Manx friend of mine.
Photo looks like it was taken “down south” :smiley: in Ballasalla.

iom45.JPG

Hi Dean

Thanks for the pic of the Little Canford Mercedes,here’s a pic of her when she was new in 1975 when I bought her from Spartruks.

Regards
Richard

Hi Dean,the unidentified Merc belonged to Permatrans which became a part of Swains of Stretton,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

L0322p.JPG

DEANB:
T.C.Brears Marathon.

Click on pages twice to read.

I remember having a good look at this Marathon at Ferrybridge Services one day. The article mentions the engine oil leaks and the rear of its engine was quite streaky with oil. Unfortunately I no longer have the photos I took that day, by then any Marathons still in service were rarities, it must have been at least 15 years old when I “inspected it”.

Punchy Dan:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Sorry John didn’t see you , I wonder if we will both appear on here in 30 odd yrs time ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi dan you never know mate I have appeared on a website a bloke took my photo by Tewksbury there is a couple on a bridge by cullompton always taking pics keep your eyes open I don’t know what site they use in 30 years I will be 82 and being looked after by matron :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The bloke on the M50 before the newent turn got me in the dark and agian at dinner ,then someone on the bridge before strensham yesterday too .

The one by strensham may be the one that takes pics by junction9 I will see if his site is on Google

I bet these not limited to 56 :laughing:

image.jpeg

HRS:
A friend of mine went to that Harvey and she really enjoyed it. I dont know if it was the same year or is it something they do every year ■■ :smiley:

They tried to find new places each year to cover a greater area but could well have gone back to Bovington in future years.Exeter rcecourse was also a good venue, Harvey.

Ok cheers Harvey. :smiley:

marktaff:
BRS DAF.

Hi Dean,
The BRS DAF here is coming out of the old entrance to Swansea dock…it’s pulling a B + I line trailer…B + I used Swansea dock for freight from Ireland back in the late 70s early 80s. …Morris Bros were the main contractor though.Regards Mark

Thanks for the comments about the DAF Mark ! :smiley: :wink:

Chris Webb:
Yes,it’s an Isle of Man registered Guy not sure who it belonged to so have asked a Manx friend of mine.Photo looks like it was taken “down south” :smiley: in Ballasalla.

Cheers Chris sounds like bandit country “down south” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MaggieD:
Hi Dean
Thanks for the pic of the Little Canford Mercedes,here’s a pic of her when she was new in 1975 when I bought her from Spartruks.Regards Richard.

Looks tidy Richard,nice to see one of your old trucks even if its not in your colours. PM me if you want a
copy of that pic. :smiley: :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,the unidentified Merc belonged to Permatrans which became a part of Swains of Stretton,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Well spotted Bubbs,i dont remember them that colour can only recall them when Swains had bought them
and they were in there colours. Thanks for the pic. :smiley: :wink:

gingerfold:
T.C.Brears Marathon.

I remember having a good look at this Marathon at Ferrybridge Services one day. The article mentions the engine oil leaks and the rear of its engine was quite streaky with oil. Unfortunately I no longer have the photos I took that day, by then any Marathons still in service were rarities, it must have been at least 15 years old when I “inspected it”.

Thanks for the comments Graham. :wink:

smallcoal:
I bet these not limited to 56 :laughing:

John,you normally post good pics on here,but the Rozzers… :unamused: :open_mouth: :wink:

Blue Water Saviem.

L0640p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

L0645.JPG

Royal Signals Marathon.

L0649p.JPG

Bootham Engineers Bedford.

L0664.JPG

Elsby tired looking Foden.

L0667p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

L0705p.JPG

British Airways ERF.

L0721p.JPG

Eastham Burco Seddon Atkinson.

L0724p.JPG

Lely Import DAF.

L0733p.JPG

Roy Pitchford Seddon Atkinson.

L0734p.JPG

That Scania looks to be in the colours of a firm out of the Teesside area, I think they were called Robinson? They ran a good few S ride F10s in later years.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
That Scania looks to be in the colours of a firm out of the Teesside area, I think they were called Robinson? They ran a good few S ride F10s in later years.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Aye,F and F Robinson newmercman,they had some half cab Fodens years ago. The Scania has a GB Glasgow plate but I don’t recognise the livery from that area.I know somebody who might know it. :smiley:

smallcoal:
The one by strensham may be the one that takes pics by junction9 I will see if his site is on Google

I think this may be the chap you have in mind:

flickr.com/photos/82080912@N05/