PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Dean,
You’ve done it again mate,just noticed the Norman’s Roadways MAN.I lost my pictures of their old soldiers parked on Port Talbot docks many years ago.Don Norman worked in The Abbey in a managerial role,I was in school with one of his sons.They ran some real oldies,on local,midlands etc.I think that might be a life long family friend of ours,Cliff Godwin driving? Thanks for the memories Dean.
Regards Andrew.

windrush:
I think that Allbright and Wilson had a depot at Tat Bank near Tilcons readymix plant that we delivered aggregates to occasionally?

Pete.

Yes they did Pete,next door to BIP at Oldbury.They made a lot of phosphoric acid and P J Butler worked for them.The Scania 81 in the photo was company owned apparently.

Hi dean,the 88 Leighton transport is Jeff Leighton he was based in Kidderminster he was also Cardiff transports traffic controller as they used his yard so he would manage his firm and ct at the same time cheers John

Another shot of the Volvo also an old fleet pic

DEANB:
Early F88 of Leighton Transport.

Sharples Foden.

Hudsons Scania.

Anyone recognise the Maggie ■■?

Coalmoor Refractories Foden.

D & N Morgan Mercedes.

B.P.Oil Seddon Atkinson.

Norman Roadway MAN.

Cant make the name out on the ERF. D ■■? from Preston.

Diversey DAF

I know my eyesight isn’t what it used to be but I cant see a single rope over the fire bricks on the Foden.
The colour scheme on the Maggie looks akin to AJ Meeks.

Hi all. John, thanks for the photo’s of Gulliver’s. Their livery was spot on.
You are having better weather than us in Central Florida. Being a sub tropical climate we are in our rainy season with thunder storms and lots of rain daily. It hasn’t stopped for three weeks now! Hurricane season started June 1st also.
Paul, thank you for your photo’s. Ron Chapman joined us from A.D.Forsey, along with another Ron this one being Welsh who lived in Weston Super- Mare. Those guys had run over the water for many years and new every Les Routier there was and everyone in them. It was always good to run with them.
Fun times.

Paul

Jeff Leighton must have been a very busy chap back in the day Smallcoal- he ran a pub in Ombersley too, was it called the Oldfield Inn??, I might well have got the name wrong mind :smiley:

kmills:
Jeff Leighton must have been a very busy chap back in the day Smallcoal- he ran a pub in Ombersley too, was it called the Oldfield Inn??, I might well have got the name wrong mind :smiley:

Hi kmills ,yes you are right he did run a pub as well I forgot about that he was a very busy man good bloke he was ,hi Paul John no probs about the pics you got our weather and we got yours :laughing: I will try and take pic of Cardiff depot they park them on the roads because Cardiff to small a yard cheers John

smallcoal:

kmills:

Hi kmills ,yes you are right he did run a pub as well I forgot about that he was a very busy man good bloke he was ,hi Paul John no probs about the pics you got our weather and we got yours :laughing: I will try and take pic of Cardiff depot they park them on the roads because Cardiff to small a yard cheers John

Hi John,
The pub was the pay office as well, so he probably had some of it back over the bar! Think the pub was the Land Oak on the A449? It is a chinese or an indian restaurant now.

image.jpeg.jpg

According to the DVSA the Volvo is declared SORN

Spud1960:

Hi Spud,
That VOLVO F86 is on display inside the Gullivers HQ.They dont operate it on the road network…
regards Andrew.

DEANB:

Hewitson - although, as a Prestonian, I must admit I’ve no recollection of the name or the motor

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

Hewitson - although, as a Prestonian, I must admit I’ve no recollection of the name or the motor

From Little Hoole ?

Jakdaw:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

From Little Hoole ?

Absolutely no idea - I don’t ever remember seeing that wagon around Preston

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
You’ve done it again mate,just noticed the Norman’s Roadways MAN.I lost my pictures of their old soldiers parked on Port Talbot docks many years ago.Don Norman worked in The Abbey in a managerial role,I was in school with one of his sons.They ran some real oldies,on local,midlands etc.I think that might be a life long family friend of ours,Cliff Godwin driving? Thanks for the memories Dean.
Regards Andrew.

Glad you liked that one Andrew.I can never undertand why some hauliers dont have there
phone no etc on the door as its free advertising. :unamused: :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,the 88 Leighton transport is Jeff Leighton he was based in Kidderminster he was also Cardiff transports traffic controller as they used his yard so he would manage his firm and ct at the same time cheers John

Thanks for the info John ! After reading kmills,and Pete Smith’s replies it would seem he had his
fingers in alot of pies ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:
Another shot of the Volvo also an old fleet pic

:blush:

Nice pics chap ! :wink:

Suedehead:
Coalmoor Refractories Foden.

I know my eyesight isn’t what it used to be but I cant see a single rope over the fire bricks on the Foden.The colour scheme on the Maggie looks akin to AJ Meeks.

I think you are right i cant see any ropes ! Looks similar to Meeks,but not sure if it was one
of there motors :unamused: :laughing:

The Maggie.

A03921.JPG

A.J.Meeks.

paulgee meeks.JPG

Paul John:
Hi all. John, thanks for the photo’s of Gulliver’s. Their livery was spot on.
You are having better weather than us in Central Florida. Being a sub tropical climate we are in our rainy season with thunder storms and lots of rain daily. It hasn’t stopped for three weeks now! Hurricane season started June 1st also.
Paul, thank you for your photo’s. Ron Chapman joined us from A.D.Forsey, along with another Ron this one being Welsh who lived in Weston Super- Mare. Those guys had run over the water for many years and new every Les Routier there was and everyone in them. It was always good to run with them.
Fun times.Paul

Looks like those pics have brought back some good memories Paul. As well as Forsey’s i expect you
remember Axminster,Crewkerne Transport and Central Road Transport, all meat hauliers. I may be
wrong but were Crewkerne and Central the same company ■■ Did one take the other over,maybe wrong
but i seem to remember something. :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

pete 359:

Hi Spud,
That VOLVO F86 is on display inside the Gullivers HQ.They dont operate it on the road network…regards Andrew.
[/quote]
Thanks spud and Andrew for your comments ! :wink:

240 Gardner:

From Little Hoole ?
[/quote]
Absolutely no idea - I don’t ever remember seeing that wagon around Preston
[/quote]
:laughing:

Odds and sods. Click on pages once or twice.

1973 johnsona lincoln ppg.PNG

Some oldies.

A04214p.JPG

A04215p.JPG

A04216p.JPG

A04220p.JPG

A04222p.JPG

A04223p.JPG

A04227p.JPG

A04228p.JPG

A04231p.JPG

A04232p.JPG

John Bevan Dodge.

A04633p.JPG

Baxters Atkinson.

A04651p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■? There is a name on the sheet but cant make it out.

A04664p.JPG

G.L.Baker Roadtrain.

A04634p.JPG

Hibberd & Sons Transport ERF.

A04637.JPG

T.K.Downing Transport Scania.

A04648p.JPG

Mallon Bros. Anyone know why it has Saviem / Renault on the front ■■?

A04636p.JPG

W.G.Griffin Mercedes.

A04640p.JPG

I think this is a great photo of work in progress. :laughing: Were Swallow ■■■■■■■ with
Cadwalladers does anyone know ■■? Photo taken at Poole docks and the work would
be done by the garage behind the ford D series where you can see the back end of
a wrecker.

A04263p fb.JPG

J.H.Henderson from ■■■■■■■■■ ERF.

A04647p.JPG

DEANB:
Baxters Atkinson.

A04651p.JPG

I wondered why this reg was familiar, and yet the motor was last taxed in September 1983, but then I realised why:

AVP 263K by Nivek.Old.Gold, on Flickr

I don’t know where either started life, but 263 seems to have been re-cabbed at some point

I think the blue and white ERF is one of John Marshall’s from Wickenbrook Suffolk the firm is no longer trading