PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Funny how the Davies marathan has a High Peak Truckers sun screen .

Hi Dean this is a picture of a Mandator with AV760 engine I bought from Princes, it was ex Harp larger from Alton and this was about 1976ish. When I was looking round it prior to buying I noticed the fuel gauge on the side of the 75 gallon tank read full and thought it was broken but oh no, apparently when Harp sold a motor they always filled them up before leaving quite the opposite today eh, also all the jack and wheel brace were present and a pair of ear defenders, a grand was the price paid and a good old motor, cheers Buzzer.
[/quote]
Quality truck, Quality Salesman. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey

Morning Buzzer,
Little storey about that Harp Mandator.
When I delivered the last F86 into Harp (no trade in’s) they said would you take our “shunter”, never been on the road, on inspection it had’nt, still in factory colour and kept in a shed at night.
Deal done I took our driver, young man,the next day for him to bring it back to the yard.
Sound your horn and flash the lights ( pre mobile phones) if there is anything wrong with her as I paid good money, ok off we went.
Did not need to go far as the box was making an awfull noise so I pulled him in, you drive my car and I will drive the truck, something very wrong and its going back.
Drove like a dream :confused: :confused: pushed on back. Driver never drove a constant mesh box before.
The best way to keep a customer was to always do a good deal, never failed me in over 24 years. Harvey

DEANB:
Catto Marathon. Popped an article on about Catto back on page 123.

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

Cant make the name out on the Berliet ■■?

Elliotts Foden from Poole.

Anyone recognise the colours of the ERF from Hereford ■■?

Car Transporters Roadtrain.

Bowker Bros Scania

Pilkington MAN tanker.

Premier haulage Renault.
[/quote]
If that Reanault was involved in an incident the child on the bonnet would be straight through the windscreen. I don’t like seeing irresponsibility like that

Dog tired:
Dean the blue Heltor tanker and the tipper were the same the company until recently, my understanding is Heltor have kept thetanker fleet but have sold the artic bulkers to M Way & Son.
This now brings Ways fleet to 120ish trucks, pretty impressive from 1 lorry in the early 70s.Cheers Norman.

Thanks for the comments Norman. :wink: I see M Way trucks around my area all the time and they seem
to be like Evans Transport and run very tidy kit. There were alot of them in poole the other week no doubt
loading a grain boat on the docks.

M Way & Sons DAF

P1001973p.JPG

moomooland:
Blue Dart Middleton depot ran a number of these 1977 registered Guy Big J tractor units with RBA 201R being one of a number of their Big J’s with consecutive number plates.
RBA 206R is pictured here in Blue Dart’s depot at Stakehill Industrial Estate Middleton.
RBA 207R pictured heading down the M6 near Keele.
Another shot of RBA 207R seen here towards the end of it’s working life at Blue Dart around 1981.
This picture also shows what a mixed fleet Blue Dart ran.
Another of their 1977 registered Guy Big J’s was Reg No SND 991R seen here in the depot at Middleton.
One here for you Dennis from your neck of the woods, a Blue Dart Guy Big J seen leaving Barrow in Furness.
Photograph courtesy of Byron Smith

Nice pics Paul,thanks for posting. :smiley:

windrush:
The Derbyshire Stone Sed Ak tanker is driven by Mick Wilmot, he has his own truck on Breedon now I believe? Pete.

Thanks for your comments Pete ! :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Funny how the Davies marathan has a High Peak Truckers sun screen .

Well spotted Dan,i never noticed that ! Andrew or John may know if Davies bought there motors new
or second hand. Possibly bought from that area which might explain the sun screen ■■ :unamused:

HRS:
Morning Buzzer,
Little storey about that Harp Mandator.
When I delivered the last F86 into Harp (no trade in’s) they said would you take our “shunter”, never been on the road, on inspection it had’nt, still in factory colour and kept in a shed at night.
Deal done I took our driver, young man,the next day for him to bring it back to the yard.
Sound your horn and flash the lights ( pre mobile phones) if there is anything wrong with her as I paid good money, ok off we went.
Did not need to go far as the box was making an awfull noise so I pulled him in, you drive my car and I will drive the truck, something very wrong and its going back.
Drove like a dream :confused: :confused: pushed on back. Driver never drove a constant mesh box before.
The best way to keep a customer was to always do a good deal, never failed me in over 24 years. Harvey

I bet that was a good motor for someone ! :wink:

grumpy old man:
Premier haulage Renault.

If that Reanault was involved in an incident the child on the bonnet would be straight through the windscreen. I don’t like seeing irresponsibility like that
[/quote]
Got to be honest chap i never ever wore a seat belt in a truck as a kid,probably as there were none
fitted and can remember sitting on the engine cover loads of times. The Police would not bat an eyelid
back then. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Things have changed now and that truck would have had
seat belts so your right what you are saying. :wink:

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages once or twice to view.

Adverts from 1957.

Never heard of India Tyres before ?

Severnside Volvo

P1001795.JPG

Cant make the name out on the MAN ■■

P1001757p.JPG

Verco Volvo

P1001674.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania tipper ■■?

P1001747p.JPG

Riverford Organic DAF

P1001773p.JPG

Dont know who the haulier is,working for palletways.

P1001796p.JPG

Somerfield Scania

P1001806p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■

P1001802p.JPG

Stonegate Farmers Volvo

P1001971p.JPG

New Look Scania

P1002005p.JPG

Hi Dean,I think the MAN artic is one of Stofords,not 100% sure though.

pete 359:

Buzzer:
Dean you jangled a bell in my memory cells with the J&J Transport F7, now then I might be barking mad but I have a strong feeling that was a company run by John Dean from Salisbury now running as J.C Dean who do mainly bulk haulage, please can any one else tell me if my hunch is right especially as the colour scheme made me look harder hope some one else remembers, cheers Buzzer.

good morning all,
Buzzer,your not going mad,your dead right in my opinion.I’ve known the Dean family for quite a few years and i remember John telling me about the trucks being painted green and that company being formed.
regards Andrew.

Paul sent me this pic through that he took in the last week.Started in 1969.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean,I think the MAN artic is one of Stofords,not 100% sure though.

I think you could be right that names rings a bell and they were that colour from memory. :wink:

USA truck show from 1977.

Click on pages twice to read.

Kenworth tanker.

L0835p.JPG

Tidy Peterbuilt.

L0839p.JPG

Ford.

L0842p.JPG

Peterbuilt.Looking at the tour coach in the background,could this be The Hoover Dam ■■?

L0847p.JPG

Kenworth tanker.

L0862p.JPG

Peterbuilt.

L0863p.JPG

Kenworth.

L0864p.JPG

Peterbuilt.

L0855p.JPG

International.

L0881p.JPG

Ford.

L0832p.JPG

DEANB:
Severnside Volvo

Verco Volvo

Riverford Organic DAF

Somerfield Scania

Stonegate Farmers Volvo

New Look Scania

The pallet ways is Kay’s in Ivy bridge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Dean,
Thanks for responding to my recent J.C.Dean comments,sadly,not every member is capable of displaying such simple,common courtesy.Your right about the Peterbilt cabover and The Hoover Dam,looks like he’s come from Arizona into Nevada to me? These days there is a huge flyover right above where that picture was taken …
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

Buzzer:
Dean you jangled a bell in my memory cells with the J&J Transport F7, now then I might be barking mad but I have a strong feeling that was a company run by John Dean from Salisbury now running as J.C Dean who do mainly bulk haulage, please can any one else tell me if my hunch is right especially as the colour scheme made me look harder hope some one else remembers, cheers Buzzer.

good morning all,
Buzzer,your not going mad,your dead right in my opinion.I’ve known the Dean family for quite a few years and i remember John telling me about the trucks being painted green and that company being formed.
regards Andrew.[/quote

Hiya,heres a pic (not one of mine) of a J.C.Dean F88 in J&J livery,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks for the pic Bubbs I knew you would come up with the goods, got a feeling J & J had a yard out in the sticks quite near to Salisbury then they moved to a yard in the Town near to the old Unit Commercials place and the HGV testing station then on to the place near Peters Finger, think John Dean bought a really big plot there then some pf it got sold for a Tesco store but I may be wrong, Cheers Buzzer.

DEANB:
Severnside Volvo

Verco Volvo

Riverford Organic DAF

Somerfield Scania

Stonegate Farmers Volvo

New Look Scania

The Scania with the flatbed is Global Shipping of Immingham

No ‘U’ in Peterbilt by the way.

blue estate:

The pallet ways is Kay’s in Ivy bridge

Thanks for the name blue estate ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for responding to my recent J.C.Dean comments,sadly,not every member is capable of displaying such simple,common courtesy.Your right about the Peterbilt cabover and The Hoover Dam,looks like he’s come from Arizona into Nevada to me? These days there is a huge flyover right above where that picture was taken …
Regards Andrew.

Morning Andrew, Thanks for confirming it was the Hoover Dam ! :laughing: Paul has told me that Mark was
travelling in a large American camper van and they had a huge hail stone storm and that was when he took
the pic of the Ford CL 9000.

Re J.C.Dean i see there motors all the time. :wink:

bubbleman:

pete 359:

Buzzer:

good morning all,
regards Andrew.
[/quote
Hiya,heres a pic (not one of mine) of a J.C.Dean F88 in J&J livery,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice pic Bubbs,thanks for posting it ! :smiley: :wink:

Buzzer:
Thanks for the pic Bubbs I knew you would come up with the goods, got a feeling J & J had a yard out in the sticks quite near to Salisbury then they moved to a yard in the Town near to the old Unit Commercials place and the HGV testing station then on to the place near Peters Finger, think John Dean bought a really big plot there then some pf it got sold for a Tesco store but I may be wrong, Cheers Buzzer.

I have never ben past there yard but like you Buzzer i was always under the impression it was Salisbury way.
I am sure someone on here must know where it is ■■? :unamused:

graham-A:

The Scania with the flatbed is Global Shipping of Immingham

Thanks for the name Graham. :smiley:

Mark R:
No ‘U’ in Peterbilt by the way.

I know that Mark come on chap just testing to see if you were paying attention ! :blush: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Paul was reading the thread and he saw we had mentioned M.Way Transport and sent this cracker of one
of theres he took the other week in the rain. :laughing: