PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Anyone recognise the Seddon ■■?

A03432p.JPG

Western Roadways Seddon Atkinson.

A03500p.JPG

Tidy Wincanton DAF.

A03479p.JPG

Think it says Planacon Tyres from Barry ■■?

A03632p.JPG

Corona Crusader.

A03625p.JPG

John Golding Mack.

A03360p.JPG

Lloyds of Ludlow Scania.

A03589p.JPG

Supalink Mercedes.

A03156p.JPG

Portway DAF.

Daf 2800 Portway.jpg

Aalco Roadtrain.

A03374p.JPG

Kempston:
An unusual ERF

moomooland:
1 C432 AHW pictured below when used by Seddon Atkinson as a demonstrator.

That’s the best all white lorry I’ve ever seen! Classy.

06789726-2F75-4DD0-8EE6-5AC2063FB8D8.jpeg

13B86DAB-D0DC-417B-861A-EE9C7CB19285.jpeg

Beautiful old Thornycroft.

EF585798-251B-4B0A-9FEF-5FBA7120FFF9.jpeg

Great to see the photo of the Portway Daf 2800… They were based just down the road from me in Faversham…

Daf 2800 Portway.jpg

Mark R:
Great to see the photo of the Portway Daf 2800… They were based just down the road from me in Faversham…

I did a bit of seasonal work for Portway back in the mid-80s. Here’s a pic of one their rather good MAN 281s with 13-sp Fullers that I drove. Robert

revman:
An unusual ERF

Thanks for the pic “revman” :smiley:

coomsey:

moomooland:
C432 AHW pictured below when used by Seddon Atkinson as a demonstrator.

That’s the best all white lorry I’ve ever seen! Classy.

:unamused: :laughing:

Kempston:
Beautiful old Thornycroft.

Thanks for the pics “Kempston” :smiley: :wink:

Mark R:

:wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Mark R:

I did a bit of seasonal work for Portway back in the mid-80s. Here’s a pic of one their rather good MAN 281s with 13-sp Fullers that I drove. Robert

Nice pic Robert, that cab shape lasted a good few years for MAN. :wink:

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■

P1001704p.JPG

Heltor DAF.

DCP_1278p.JPG

Think it says Ian Howard on the MAN.

DCP_1279p.JPG

Vallance DAF.

DCP_1284p.JPG

Frank Tucker ERF.

DCP_1286p.JPG

Mazda MAN

P1001395p.JPG

Tank Freight Scania.

P1001828p.JPG

PG Tips Mercedes.

P1001690p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN.

P1001754p.JPG

Don Pickering DAF

P1001688p.JPG

Did you drive one of these F86’s “Kempston” or just the Foden on London Brick ■■

A04762p.JPG

The Man is x Goodways. They had a whole fleet of them at one time. The lettering has been removed so deffo x Goodways.

DEANB:
Did you drive one of these F86’s “Kempston” or just the Foden on London Brick ■■

Didn’t drive anything for London Brick DEANB unless you count driving around building sites as a youngster with my dads mate. In which case it was an AEC then the Foden. I did however drive a Foden later in life but not for London Brick.

Hi Geraint & Mark,
REWSON from Dunvant,Had 3 of those Aseries erf on contract to IMI,.Dont think they did work for addis, Greenings from upper killay once qorked out of addis,
Hi dean, some cracking phots of the S.Wales haulier,s. tne Geo Beer PEP 244R Sed atky was on contract to MORGANITE BLACK CABON,Morriston,
Reguards Dai, ex lorry driver for Illtyd Thomas & Geo Beer.

daibootsy:
Hi Geraint & Mark,
REWSON from Dunvant,Had 3 of those Aseries erf on contract to IMI,.Dont think they did work for addis, Greenings from upper killay once qorked out of addis,
Hi dean, some cracking phots of the S.Wales haulier,s. tne Geo Beer PEP 244R Sed atky was on contract to MORGANITE BLACK CABON,Morriston,

Hello Dai …good to hear from you again …have missed your comments …yeah Greenings wasnt thier depot by Fairwood commercials …they also did Heinz work via Hills Cardiff …? can just remember they had Mercs in a burgandy colour …Dean that Seddon 4 wheeler with Newport reg …maybe Ronton haulage similar colours ! …Geraint

kenfig bill:

daibootsy:
Hi Geraint & Mark,

Hello Dai …good to hear from you again …have missed your comments …yeah Greenings wasnt thier depot by Fairwood commercials …they also did Heinz work via Hills Cardiff …? can just remember they had Mercs in a burgandy colour …Dean that Seddon 4 wheeler with Newport reg …maybe Ronton haulage similar colours ! …Geraint

Are Ely Transport still going? They did some work for me around 1990s

Hi Kenfig bill,
Greenings transport were opp S.J.JEFFEY, Fairwood Garage the foden agent.Greenings were no 1 licence opreater in Swansea, est 1856.
the loydd bros from Gowerton was run by Graham & Haydn, Graham passed away couple months ago, the erf was driven by ken McDonald an ex griff fender driver who later bought that erf,they also had another erf which was a left hand drive. the pic of rhydd o pollen silver knight was stolen along with another atky in London,they did have them back months later,and phillip jones had an atky srolen but was never found.
sorry not been on trucknet, sadly lost the sight in left eye, right eye not far off so I had my warning
regaurds dai.

daibootsy:
Hi Geraint & Mark,

Hey Dai ,great to hear from you !! and sorry to hear that you have problems with your eye .
Yes indeed there are some amazing S Wales pics that Dean and Colin have provided ,i can remember Greenings at the Addis factory they would load along with Noel (D N) Morgan Craven arms , Dai did they ever have any Fodens ?
Spoke to Ken McDonald years ago ,he remembers his time with Griff Fender especially when Corgi toys produced the Chitty chitty bang bang model !!! they hauled loads out of Fforestfach ,regards Keith

Hi Kieth,
yes Greenings did run some fodens,an S80 day cab and later 2 haulmaser sleeper cabs they were on contract to Signode.George Greening had a son and daughter the son was named George,cant remember her name,but she was married to jack davies, they had 2 sons ian and kieth. I think ian is still going as I.D.Davies, Kieth passed away couple yers ago, he ran Fairwood Transport.