PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

moomooland:

gazsa401:
Just found another

Here’s another sleeper cabbed Seddon gazsa, parked on the M6 Southwaite services

Paul…I have spotted a Barnes van from your neck of the woods, behind the Seddon. Cheers, Ray.

Morning Dean,
The Atki belonged to Richardson Transport from Rugeley and the load more than likely was from ROM river in Lichfield, I hope I have posted correctly to keep the picture police happy!

A03536p.JPG

oiltreader:
1938 advert and a Swiss White at Dun Laoghaire 1978.
Oily

Thats a nice old advert Oily thanks for posting. :smiley:

bobw:
A White we used to have, just used for pulling the Boss’s racing truck about.
The racing truck when it was red. ( NMM better not look :slight_smile: Bob.

:confused:

Nice pics Bob,your boss had an expensive hobby ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

HRS:
Hi Oil’y,
Russian bike with an old shell amo box, priceless, :smiley: Cheers, Harvey

:laughing:

robroy:
I’d be interested to know who the original owner of this ■■■■■■■ registered 88 was…anybody?
Cornwall is a long way from it’s original home.

Someone may know Rob ! :unamused:

gazsa401:
Just going back to the sleeper cabbed Seddon a few pages back. I found this one on Facebook (nmp)

Cheers Gary ! :wink:

HRS:
Moomooland,
Paul, I think I may be guilty of misunderstanding you.
When you said “MORE THREAD CLUTTER” I thought you were refering to recent scantily clad ladies, hence my poor attempt at humour.Now I understand, I fully agree with you and think it may be more to do with not knowing how to do it, rather than being a little lazy.Perhaps someone on this thread could put a simple procedure on here to help out.No offence intended Paul, regards, Harvey

All you have to do Harvey is something like this. The most pics you can post at one time is 10.
Therefore lets say you want to comment on pic number 5. Delete everything below apart
from the last word which should be quote in brackets and delete the top 4 pics and all the
writing you dont want to appear in your message. It will shorten your reply by a huge amount.
The other thing is that you cannot post replies with more than 4 quotesattached.
Remember to use the preview button and it will show you what your message will look like.
It does nothave to be perfect,my replies dont always come out perfect but they are good enough ! cheers Dean :laughing: :wink:

roadcruiser:

DEANB:
Some from the dodgy camera.
Cant make the name out on the Mercedes.

The merc looks like one of Consolidated ,out of scunthorpe.

Thanks for the name “roadcruiser” :wink:

Bewick:

Bewick:

DEANB:
Kirkwood Volvo F88

The Kirkwood F88 bears a ■■■■■■■■ reg no RM so it would have been supplied by Taits who were the Volvo Disributors, I wonder who the original owner was ? H. & M. E. Fearon possibly ? Cheers Dennis.

This was my guess “Robroy”

:unamused: :wink:

moomooland:

gazsa401:
Just found another

Here’s another sleeper cabbed Seddon gazsa, parked on the M6 Southwaite services

Is that a factory spec one Paul or a convrsion like Jennings ■■ :wink:

Ray Smyth:

Paul…I have spotted a Barnes van from your neck of the woods, behind the Seddon. Cheers, Ray.
[/quote]
:laughing:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The Atki belonged to Richardson Transport from Rugeley and the load more than likely was from ROM river in Lichfield, I hope I have posted correctly to keep the picture police happy!

I wondered where that motor was from Pete ! I can never understand companies not having there addressand phone number on the door for free advertising. Having said that it may have been a
large contract and part of the terms was not advertising possibly ? :smiley: :wink:

HRS:
Hi Oil’y,

Not an ammo box, in fact a lightweight pressed steel trunk available in several sizes from many French supermarkets! I have several. The 90 cm long size fits perfectly sideways between the wheel boxes of my Defender when I am travelling. They are not expensive either.

Dipster:

HRS:
Hi Oil’y,

Not an ammo box, in fact a lightweight pressed steel trunk available in several sizes from many French supermarkets! I have several. The 90 cm long size fits perfectly sideways between the wheel boxes of my Defender when I am travelling. They are not expensive either.

Cheers “Dipster” :wink:

A long distance diary featuring a White.

Click on pages twice to read.

A03512p.JPGBit of a strange one this. :confused:
This Co-op ‘B’ Series ERF Reg No KBU 523P seems to have made it in to preservation, although it has not been taxed since 1996.
Looking at it in the picture below it seems to have been re-cabbed and had a rear axle removed, quite an investment for it to be
laid up this last 22 years anyone got any other info?

moomooland:
1Bit of a strange one this. :confused:
This Co-op ‘B’ Series ERF Reg No KBU 523P seems to have made it in to preservation, although it has not been taxed since 1996.
Looking at it in the picture below it seems to have been re-cabbed and had a rear axle removed, quite an investment for it to be
laid up this last 22 years anyone got any other info?

Thats very odd like you say Paul. I wonder if it was involved in a accident from the rear that damaged
the axle and was then shortened ■■? Hopefully someone will know the story. :wink:

“JAKEY”

P2130006p.JPG

Mallett & Sons ERF

P2130024p.JPG

Deben transport DAF

P2130074p.JPG

Waugh transport. Someone was after photos of this company,cant remember who ■■?

P2130083p.JPG

Somerfield Volvo FM12

P2130007p.JPG

Owens from South Wales ERF

P2130093p.JPG

Ross Hillman Volvo FL6

P2140141.JPG

B & Q Scania

P2130097p.JPG

Omega Volvo

P2120021p.JPG

Roberts Volvo FH12 low loader.

P3010046p.JPG

Enjoyed your mini-topics on White units in the UK Dean! Robert

gazsa401:

Just going back to the sleeper cabbed Seddon a few pages back
I found this one on Facebook (nmp)

Taken in SoM Manchester depot,been on previously,different thread,Jameson,part of the same United Group as SoM,used to use this depot for groupage storage on a weekly basis,usually Italy bound with an F10.

David

Bewick:

Bewick:
The Kirkwood F88 bears a ■■■■■■■■ reg no RM so it would have been supplied by Taits who were the Volvo Disributors, I wonder who the original owner was ? H. & M. E. Fearon possibly ? Cheers Dennis.

Yeh I thought it may have been Harry Fearon’s also Dennis.
Maybe there’s a pic of it on the ‘■■■■■■■ Companies’ thread.

ERF-NGC-European:
Enjoyed your mini-topics on White units in the UK Dean! Robert

Got some more stuff somewhere on them Robert. :wink:

5thwheel:

gazsa401:

Just going back to the sleeper cabbed Seddon a few pages back
I found this one on Facebook (nmp)

Taken in SoM Manchester depot,been on previously,different thread,Jameson,part of the same United Group as SoM,used to use this depot for groupage storage on a weekly basis,usually Italy bound with an F10.David

Thanks for your comments David. :smiley:

robroy:

Bewick:

Yeh I thought it may have been Harry Fearon’s also Dennis.
Maybe there’s a pic of it on the ‘■■■■■■■ Companies’ thread.
[/quote]
:unamused:

Some period adverts from 1969 and 1972.

Alexon AEC

Wymondley Transport Seddon Atkinson.

Hotpoint Dodge

Kodak Leyland Marathon.

Abingdon Carpets Foden.

Shell Scammell Handyman.

Roadtrain.

Beresford Transport.

A01846.JPG

These were taken at the Great Dorset Steam Fair.

Leyland.

A03760p.JPG

Seddon.

A03761p.JPG

Antells Atkinson.

Churchfields Atkinson.

A03764p.JPG

J.Swingler Atkinson.

A04056p.JPG

R.Oliver Atkinson.

A04062p.JPG

Mike lawrence scania

A04096p.JPG

Foden.

A04099p.JPG

H.N.Coombs Volvo F7

A04101p.JPG

Ermee GUY with sleeper. Is that a factory spec one ■■

A04102p.JPG

Those old adverts Dean are full of memories of what it was like back in the day. :slight_smile:

Here’s a few more Freightliner pictures from the 1960’s…

FR Seddon.jpg

FR Depot s-001.jpg

A03764p.JPGAtkinson Mk II 4x2 tractor unit Reg No UOU 554H was registered new in February 1970 to Churchfields of Salisbury.
It is pictured below in 1977 at a steam fair at Stourpaine Bushes North Dorset while being used as a water bowser.

Photograph courtesy of the late Bill Legg.