A03326p.JPG

A03325p.JPG

A03327p.JPG

Some from the dodgy camera.

BP DAF tanker.

DCP_1224.JPG

Glendinning ERF tipper.

DCP_1215p.JPG

Outside broadcast Mercedes. 1720/1820 ■■ Dont know if you can tell the difference ?

DCP_1210p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo FL7 ■■?

DCP_0850p.JPG

Albion Heating Scania 83

DCP_0826p.JPG

DEANB:
When Volvo released the Volvo F10/12 range they really did lift the bar on trucks. Even if you are not a
Volvo fan there is no denying the huge improvement’s to trucks generally that Volvo have always brought
to the industry. They were pure class and like a rolls royce back in 1977 when these were unveiled to the
world !

Hello Dean, Paul.
Thank you for taking me back 40 years to some very happy times.
The F10/12 was launched to the dealer network in differant locations arround the country.
The lower half, including us, was held at what we called, “Chobham”, the military test track of the RAOC Deepcut barracks just off the M3.
A moment not many of us will forget. About a hundred of us all marshaled in the centre of the huge skid pan and on the signal about 10 trucks with trailers came blasting down from a hidden location at the top of the Tank climb and ran arround us all like indians arround a wagon train, memerable.
Attatched photo is a post card given me at the time.
Fantastic Thread Dean, Paul, please keep it up, Harvey

scan0072.jpg

HRS:

DEANB:
When Volvo released the Volvo F10/12 range they really did lift the bar on trucks. Even if you are not a
Volvo fan there is no denying the huge improvement’s to trucks generally that Volvo have always brought
to the industry. They were pure class and like a rolls royce back in 1977 when these were unveiled to the
world !

Hello Dean, Paul.
Thank you for taking me back 40 years to some very happy times.
The F10/12 was launched to the dealer network in differant locations arround the country.
The lower half, including us, was held at what we called, “Chobham”, the military test track of the RAOC Deepcut barracks just off the M3.
A moment not many of us will forget. About a hundred of us all marshaled in the centre of the huge skid pan and on the signal about 10 trucks with trailers came blasting down from a hidden location at the top of the Tank climb and ran arround us all like indians arround a wagon train, memerable.
Attatched photo is a post card given me at the time.
Fantastic Thread Dean, Paul, please keep it up, Harvey

Thanks for your comments and the nice pic Harvey. We are lucky that people like Paul,Mark,Bubbs took the time to take so many pics that we can all look back on and enjoy now ! :wink:

We should be ok for a bit longer chap got some odds and sods floating about ! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Heres a bit more on Volvo !

Click on pages twice !

Nedu Transport Volvo F88

A02602.JPG

Scotflow Marathon.

A02589.JPG

Sage & Down Foden brick carrier.

A02590.JPG

Suttons ERF tanker.

A02592.JPG

IMI Seddon Atkinson.

A02596.JPG

Ritsons ERF

A02605.JPG

Bryn Bevan & Son Bedford.I assume a Welsh motor ■■?

A02827.JPG

Rossiter & James ERF bulker.

A02653.JPG

John M Drysdale Volvo F10,looks like a new trailer.

A02663.JPG

Roger Marshall ERF from South Wales.

A02695.JPG

A03195p.JPG

Here’s another shot of Vitbe ‘B’ Series ERF Reg No KGB 53P.

DEANB:
Some oldies London to Brighton.

Some from the dodgy camera.

BP DAF tanker.

Glendinning ERF tipper.

Outside broadcast Mercedes. 1720/1820 ■■ Dont know if you can tell the difference ?

Anyone recognise the Volvo FL7 ■■?

Albion Heating Scania 83

The Albion on the Brighton run is mine I still have it and use it, it’s 80 y/o this year, the 1946 Bedford following is it’s stablemate from new, they both worked from new for a nursery delivering flowers to market. The Bedford lay out of use in the garage on the nursery for several years, my brother and me overhauled and painted it, got it plated and tested and back on the road, the nursery used it for little jobs, while we rallied it at weekends. It’s still with it’s original owners now but tucked away somewhere. Edit: that Brighton run must have been between 1978 and 1981

Bernard

It’s nice to see some working photos of rigids DEAN, are there anymore of them in the collection?

I agree…the Rossiter & James ERF is a cracker!..but my favourite today is the Ritsons ERF.

A02605.JPGRitsons Haulage of Liverpool were took over by Hillsdown Holdings but went into receivership in 1990 after a five week strike.
They also had a depot in Avonmouth were Bubbleman took this picture below of one of their KV ERF’s in 1978.

2017-07-02 13.27.38.jpg
A00339.JPG

Ritsons.jpg One of Ritson’s early motors was this eight wheeler Mammoth Major flat, complete with removable cool box.

moomooland:
Here’s another shot of Vitbe ‘B’ Series ERF Reg No KGB 53P.

Nice pic Paul ! :wink:

albion1938:

DEANB:
Some oldies London to Brighton.

The Albion on the Brighton run is mine I still have it and use it, it’s 80 y/o this year, the 1946 Bedford following is it’s stablemate from new, they both worked from new for a nursery delivering flowers to market. The Bedford lay out of use in the garage on the nursery for several years, my brother and me overhauled and painted it, got it plated and tested and back on the road, the nursery used it for little jobs, while we rallied it at weekends. It’s still with it’s original owners now but tucked away somewhere. Edit: that Brighton run must have been between 1978 and 1981. Bernard

Excellent Bernard,always nice when someone sees a truck they drove or owned.Paul will like that ! :laughing: :wink:

gingerfold:
It’s nice to see some working photos of rigids DEAN, are there anymore of them in the collection?

Yes Graham there are plenty more to come ! Heres one for you ! :wink:

A03604p.JPG

Mark R:
I agree…the Rossiter & James ERF is a cracker!..but my favourite today is the Ritsons ERF.

We have had a few of Ritsons on here chap ! :laughing:

moomooland:
Ritsons Haulage of Liverpool were took over by Hillsdown Holdings but went into receivership in 1990 after a five week strike.They also had a depot in Avonmouth were Bubbleman took this picture below of one of their KV ERF’s in 1978. One of Ritson’s early motors was this eight wheeler Mammoth Major flat, complete with removable cool box.

Good suff Paul,nice pics ! :laughing:

DEANB:

moomooland:

gingerfold:

Thanks DEAN, yes, Stead’s of Nottingham, I think it was that Mercury that they fitted a Hiab to in its later years, or it could have been another Mercury of similar registration. Whatever, I know that the one with the Hiab was still in service at nearly 20 years old.

gingerfold:

DEANB:
Thanks DEAN, yes, Stead’s of Nottingham, I think it was that Mercury that they fitted a Hiab to in its later years, or it could have been another Mercury of similar registration. Whatever, I know that the one with the Hiab was still in service at nearly 20 years old.

Thanks for the name i could not read it ! :wink:

I wonder if there is anywhere you can check how many of each model truck was built/sold.

What was the biggest selling UK truck ■■? Would it be the mighty Bedford TK/TL range !

Click on pages twice to read.

Bedford TK

Bedford TL

London to Brighton run.

A03328p.JPG

A03329p.JPG

A03330p.JPG

A03332p.JPG

A03333p.JPG

Some with the dodgy camera.

JAKEY , White & Co Scania

DCP_1162p.JPG

Eukanuba Mercedes.

DCP_0905p.JPG

Mercedes car transporter.

DCP_0713p.JPG

Terry Sanders & Son ERF roll on roll off.

DCP_0727p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson.

DCP_0912p.JPG

M.H.Turner Volvo FB88

A03425p.JPG

Clevestone Atkinson.

A03408p.JPG

Thomas Bolton & Son Leyland.

A03424p.JPG

Chris one for you,whos the tanker belong to ■■?

A03431p.JPG

Smart Seddon of Dyfed Sludge Disposal.Even got the welsh flag on the front.

A03434p.JPG

Scammell Routeman. I think on the Wimborne bypass when being built.

A03463p.JPG

Tidy ERF of Rudge transport.

A03473p.JPG

Tony Morgan Marathon from South Wales.

A03486p.JPG

Andrew Hogg ERF tanker.

A03518p.JPG

Eric Cole’s Marathon from Evesham.

A03519p.JPG

[/quote]
Hi Dean,

It belongs to AFS Haulage from Fair Oak near Southampton,they are still operating today. Thanks for all your effort putting these photo’s etc. on.

Regards
Richard

DEANB:
M.H.Turner Volvo FB88

Clevestone Atkinson.

Thomas Bolton & Son Leyland.

Chris one for you,whos the tanker belong to ■■?

Smart Seddon of Dyfed Sludge Disposal.Even got the welsh flag on the front.

Tidy ERF of Rudge transport.

Tony Morgan Marathon from South Wales.

Andrew Hogg ERF tanker.

Eric Cole’s Marathon from Evesham.

Hi Dean, I am fairly sure that the DAF Tanker is Phillips Petroleum, Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

later with DAFs

MaggieD:

Hi Dean,

It belongs to AFS Haulage from Fair Oak near Southampton,they are still operating today. Thanks for all your effort putting these photo’s etc. on.

Regards
Richard
[/quote]

[quote="DEANB

[attachment=4]
A03463p.JPG
[/quote]
Going by the colours and the Bristol reg, that has to be an ex Bristol and Avon motor I would think :slight_smile:

Great pics again Dean and Paul :smiley:

Great Photos DEANB , love the White’s Scania ,needed a wash though :laughing: