PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi dean tdw was red then changed to white the single axle was used on pressed steel fisher work taking parts to rovers in Swindon Cowley and longbridge the Volvo used to do delanair and the iveco I had with them e977tdw ,I took this pic of my mate John parry when I was a youngster and went for a spin with Him to Cowley cheers John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DEANB:
Kirkforthar Volvo F88

H.Lewis & Co Foden

Keymead Maggie.

Evans Transport Transcon. Andrew is that an ex J & M motor looks similar colours ■■?

Barlow & Hodgkinson Foden powder tanker.

Hello DEAN …great shot of the Keymead Maggie …they were from Newport …and did a lot of stuff into the former re chem plant near Pontypool…they mostly had MANs… a blast from the past …as usual some great S Wales stuff…the Trevor Phillips Atki …and the Trevor Davies Sedd atki …Geraint

Bewick:
They closed down a long time ago Dean, in the early 90’s, here is a few shots of their cranes working for us over the years the second shot( circa '73) is of one of their strut cranes setting up to lift a CAT Gen set off our trailer at K Shoes in Kendal the last shot is lifting new TASK trailers down in the depot… Cheers Dennis.

Thanks for the pics Dennis ! :laughing: Looks like new trailer’s ■■ Dont know anything about cranes,would they be Groves ■■

ianto:
T D Williams when they set up original colour was red Trevor Davies came from LLanwrda between LLandeilo and LLandovery Carmarthenshire carried animal feed concrete products and timber ran a few Seddon Atkinsons later moved over to Scanias also ran an early and late Spanish Dodge as well as a coupl of Fodens and a couple of Dafs

Thanks Ian for your input ! :wink:

Mark R:
Love the photo of the Nessbert Transcontinental. Another set of cracking photos!

Thanks Mark ,Paul is still taking photos today ! :laughing:

pete 359:
Hi Dean, excellent welsh images youve kindly shared there.i wasn’t aware that Nessbert’s had a Transcon? The Entress F7’s would imo be the last VOLVO’s that they bought brand new.Maybe trucknet member Rward,can enlighten us on the Rhys Davies driver? regards Andrew.

Thanks for the comment’s, Andrew ! :smiley:

rward:
I think the nessbert of Cardiff Transcon my brother bought it of them as an od and I took it to France it used some bloody oil regards rowley

Cheers Rowley ! :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean tdw was red then changed to white the single axle was used on pressed steel fisher work taking parts to rovers in Swindon Cowley and longbridge the Volvo used to do delanair and the iveco I had with them e977tdw ,I took this pic of my mate John parry when I was a youngster and went for a spin with Him to Cowley cheers John

Thanks John,great pics as usual thanks for posting ! :smiley: :wink:

kenfig bill:
Hello DEAN …great shot of the Keymead Maggie …they were from Newport …and did a lot of stuff into the former re chem plant near Pontypool…they mostly had MANs… a blast from the past …as usual some great S Wales stuff…the Trevor Phillips Atki …and the Trevor Davies Sedd atki …Geraint

I thought you would like them Geraint !! :smiley: :wink:

No one recognise the yellow DAF in the article ■■? :unamused:

bubbleman:
Hiya Great shots from Paul again…Andrew posted a comment with the shot of Entress’s F7…I wonder if there were two of them,heres a pic of YCY 712T and my poor old eyes thinks that the shot from Paul may be YCY 713T,perhaps Dean can see better than me,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Cheers Bubbs,thanks for the pic ! :laughing: :wink: Yes Paul’s was a different reg and it was 713T,so they had at least
two of them. :smiley:

This may intrest some of the older drivers who drove them or operated them !

A Seddon road test from 1969.

Click on pages twice to view.

Avis Fiat.

A01548.JPG

Avis-001.jpg

Eastern BRS Volvo F7

A01848.JPG

Fosters Transport Volvo F86

A01853.JPG

H.T.Transport Maggie.

A01855.JPG

James Lynch & Sons DAF bulk powder tanker.

A01857.JPG

RGB Pipelines DAF

RGB 2.JPG

Tom Hughes Transport DAF

A01850.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon ■■?

A01861.JPG

B & G Jerson Seddon.

A01863.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon bulker ■■? Possibly Sun Valley ■■?

A01865.JPG

C.■■■■ Volvo F86 tipper.

A01866.JPG

Not just sure Dean about the Hudson cranes but the name Hydra rings a bell ! I believe cranes were built with a mixture of various supplier components I think Hudsons had Leyland and AEC engines but IIRC one or two of them had the Kirkstall drive axle. Cheers Dennis.

DEANB:
Tom Hughes Transport DAF

Anyone recognise the Seddon ■■?

B & G Jerson Seddon.

Slight correction DEAN, it’s Jepson, they did a lot of work for David Brown Tractors at Meltham[

Anyone recognise the Seddon bulker ■■? Possibly Sun Valley ■■?

C.■■■■ Volvo F86 tipper.

Nice seeing Fosters F86 I mended that one for a few years , it was still running when I left in 1985 , old Jack liked to get the best out of them ! Regards Geoff

dosser:
Nice seeing Fosters F86 I mended that one for a few years , it was still running when I left in 1985 , old Jack liked to get the best out of them ! Regards Geoff

I remember their yard near level crossing at Langworth Dosser,and their AEC Mandators.
Not my photo…

Thanks for that Chris , all the AEC s had gone when I started but still had some Scammell s and a Leyland Beaver . Geoff

Bewick:
Not just sure Dean about the Hudson cranes but the name Hydra rings a bell ! I believe cranes were built with a mixture of various supplier components I think Hudsons had Leyland and AEC engines but IIRC one or two of them had the Kirkstall drive axle. Cheers Dennis.

Hydracon Dennis

neversweat1:

Bewick:

Hydracon Dennis

Thanks for that “neversweat1” the old brain cell couldn’t just recall the full name :blush: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

neversweat1:

Bewick:

Hydracon Dennis

Thanks for that “neversweat1” the old brain cell couldn’t just recall the full name :blush: Cheers Dennis.

It is a Sunday Dennis - Day of rest

Bewick:

Ok thanks Dennis ! :wink:

gingerfold:
B & G Jerson Seddon.
Slight correction DEAN, it’s Jepson, they did a lot of work for David Brown Tractors at Meltham[

Ok cheers Graham. :wink:

dosser:

Cheers Geoff,great motors ! :smiley:

Chris Webb:

dosser:

I remember their yard near level crossing at Langworth Dosser,and their AEC Mandators.
Not my photo…

Thanks Chris,nice pic ! :smiley:

Bewick:

neversweat1:

Bewick:

Hydracon Dennis

Thanks “neversweat1” :wink:

neversweat1:

Bewick:

neversweat1:

Bewick:

Hydracon Dennis

It is a Sunday Dennis - Day of rest

Thanks for the pic ! :laughing: :wink:

I spoil you Mark R :wink:

Towmaster ERF

Towmaster ERF.JPG

Exeter Tractors F88

A02185.JPG

Samuel Moore Foods F86

A02188.JPG

ACTS Seddon Atkinson.

A02152.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson ■■?

A02153.JPG

Hercock Simpson Volvo F7

A02165.JPG