Pat (ainacs) Duffy

I’ve just spoken with Paddy he’s asked me to post that Pats funeral will be Friday May 2nd East Chapel Southampton Crematorium, 2pm. And afterwards all welcome at the White Horse at Netley Marsh.

Regards Jimski

This is the photo Jimski and Gazzer have been trying to upload. Jimski emailed it to me so I’m posting it on their behalf.
I edited the first post to include Gazzers name.

Logged on yesterday after missing a few days, so shocked!!! couldn’t bring myself to post! Pat was the only member I actually met through the forum when I asked if I could call in at his yard on a rare solo & weekday trip to the mainland. I spent a great couple of hours, talking lorries of coarse & drinking tea in the little cabin, took me back to my time in the game a good few years back. I found Pat to be such an amiable guy & it felt like I had known him all my life. I have kept in touch through PM.s on the site & always looked forward to another visit one day. His thread was/is one of my favourites, so I hope we can keep it going to remember a great fella’ & I will always remember my visit with great fondness. My condolences to all his family at this very sad time.

Shocked and slightly stunned. As many have said Pat Duffy posted a lot of stuff on Trucknet and was very clued up about the job. I shall miss his posts.

Condolences to all the family at this sad time.

Malc

RIP AINACS :frowning:

condolences to all the family RIP Pat

What sad and tragic news. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Pat will be a great miss to the Southampton thread. He was very knowledgeable and always had something interesting to say with lots of photos of old Southampton companies.

I have just spoken with my aunt and uncle, Audrey and Phil Dibden who were also shocked at the news. Phil was a driver for Duffy and they both always had a good word for him.

R.I.P. Pat Duffy

My sincere condolences to his family and those who knew him. I only knew of him through his posts and always enjoy seeing the scania on the m27 being from southampton myself. R.I.P sir.

Deepest sympathies…

Never met the man, but always enjoyed his posts on here, sad to hear of the loss of a real lorry man.

From what I’ve learned of Pat through this site, coming home from the boozer is not a bad last journey.

RIP Pat :cry:

hi all

i have just come on here this morning to have a look. and i would just like to say a huge thanks to you all my father was a lucky man to have known all of you on trucknet and looking through some of the old posts on the southampton thread there maybe a few pages short soon!

he absolutly loved talking about the old days even with me! and most 140,141,111 etc that i would show him a photo of he would say i owned that, then would say the number plate back in the 80s, but couldnt remeber what he had to eat the day before tho lol! and we always had a good laugh about everything.

i am even greatful for all the people that never met him and are putting great comments on he would have been proud to have known all of you.

me and terry are arranging one of these days to get his scania143 painted in the old Pat Duffy colors of blue,red and white in memory of him. and hope to run it for a few more years yet!

as jim said the funeral is on the 2nd of may at 2pm at southampton crem east chapple. will be great to see many of you there and to come and celebrate his life at the white horse after with his favorite band and some good memories. which i am sure some of you have quite a few.

as i said before i am greatful & thankful for everything everyone is doing for us at this difficult time i really cant say it enough.

all of the family are missing him dearly and we will never forget him.
from me and all my family
thank you

regards
Paddy Duffy

Paddy.I was very moved to read your posting.It cannot be easy for you at this very difficult time.However you are a Duffy and will be strong I am sure I only hope that my son will say such wonderful things about me. There will be a huge turnout at the crem.Pat was a lovely man and well loved by all. Regards Charlie.

Hi Paddy just to echo what Charlie has said in his post, your dad was one of a kind and as already been said before we have had loads of laughs along the way. We did not always do things to the book but that was the same for every one back in the day, I still can’t believe he is not with us but im’e sure he will get the send off he deserves, stay strong young man and it sounds like you are going to follow on in his footsteps. Respect again to your whole family during this difficult time, John Davies (Buzzer)

Very sad news.
RIP Pat.

I was so sorry to hear of Pats passing I never met him,but knew of him as most OD’s did.
He posted on a thread I started on E.F.Phillips that I appreciated.
I know that He will never be forgotten as Paddy and His Family will continue to carry on as if He were still here.
R.I.P. Pat

I didn’t know Pat, but like every one else I am deeply shocked . Rest in peace Pat

What can I add to all the comments already made,we have lost one of life’s great character’s, we still can’t believe what has happened, after all he had been through at Odstock lately.
Our thoughts are with Sue,Paddy and family at this terrible time.

Here is a picture of Pat singing “the Irish Rover” at one of the August Bash’s, with his backing singers.
Every time we hear this song we’ll think of him. R.I.P. Pat

Richard & Angie

Like many have said i never met Pat but knew is name for many years also many of his drivers especialy when i worked for Solstor shipping out of pompey,i spoke to another old mate today who told me the sad news,my thoughts go out to his family and friends R.I.P. Pat.

I’ve only just noticed this post. I remember Pats trucks form the days I was driving in the UK and always enjoyed his contributions to this forum, a very sad loss. My condolencies to his loved ones and friends.

R.I.P. Pat

Jeff…

Condolences from North East England have joined in posts with ainacs on a number of occasions over the yrs sad way to go lost my old man in simular manner RIP

RIP Pat…Enjoyed your posts…Another good character gone

Hiya…i’am speechless, they say the good always die young, well its happened again.
so sad for Pats family, they must be numb from head to toe…rest in peace mate
I can’t believe i,am even writing this. cheerio pal.
John