Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

That red Büssing had certainly been re-cabbed! The driver’s door looks like it was taken on a MAN cab.

Froggy55:
That red Büssing had certainly been re-cabbed! The driver’s door looks like it was taken on a MAN cab.

Do you mean the normal control on or the one between the yellow and blue ones?

Certainly there is something strange about the latter red one. The others have door mounted mirrors. The red one in the middle has the mirror mounted on the main body ahead of the door and as such is in danger of being whacked by the door if opened wide. The Magnum had that arrangement but no danger to the mirror because the steps up to the cab were behind the door which never opened, or needed to, wide enough to foul it. On that Bussing the steps are forward mounted. Seems like an awkward arrangement to me.

Spardo:

Froggy55:

Do you mean the normal control on or the one between the yellow and blue ones?

Certainly there is something strange about the latter red one. The others have door mounted mirrors. The red one in the middle has the mirror mounted on the main body ahead of the door and as such is in danger of being whacked by the door if opened wide. The Magnum had that arrangement but no danger to the mirror because the steps up to the cab were behind the door which never opened, or needed to, wide enough to foul it. On that Bussing the steps are forward mounted. Seems like an awkward arrangement to me.

NEITHER He’s talking about the bonneted truck photographed in Burgos which has what looks like a MAN F2000 cab on it

Froggy55, Spardo and robthedog it does mention Pegaso cab with the photo and that is what it is, MAN F2000 cabs are similar except for the door handle placing.
Oily

Going back, Buzzer

Just had a “guest” look on the Professional Driver’s Forum before logging on proper and got a bit of a shock and saddened to find that Tony Smith(rastone) had passed away, he was a stalwart poster on this thread, his Ford knowledge and input will be missed R.I.P.
Oily

A Ford picture post would be fitting.
Oily

Fordson Robert Soar cc by nc nd 2.0 436784499_c8cf5da8d0_RS o.jpg

Ford Thames Trader Thomas's Pics cc by 2.0 21755919330_b328dbf7c4_k.jpg

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, DEANB and pyewacket947v for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The pyewacket Büssing pic would be the model in the first photo with a livery similar to the second photo.
Oily

Thanks for the Bussing feedback Oily…I always thought they where a nice looking motor.
They where poised to launch into the UK at one point, but i expect MAN put the kybosh on that.
Definitely right with regard to the Pegaso cab on the normal control Spanish reg Bussing,
The grooves in the front panel pressings are clearly visible.
Stay safe

oiltreader:
Just had a “guest” look on the Professional Driver’s Forum before logging on proper and got a bit of a shock and saddened to find that Tony Smith(rastone) had passed away, he was a stalwart poster on this thread, his Ford knowledge and input will be missed R.I.P.
Oily

Punchy Dan did mention it on here a week or so ago, you must have missed it Oily.

Pete.

oiltreader:
Oily

RIP Tony.

oiltreader:
Froggy55, Spardo and robthedog it does mention Pegaso cab with the photo and that is what it is, MAN F2000 cabs are similar except for the door handle placing.
Oily

You’re absolutely right! Only the door matched with the F 2000 cab, not the windscreen, and that’s the reason: Pegaso.

Froggy55:

oiltreader:
Oily

You’re absolutely right! Only the door matched with the F 2000 cab, not the windscreen, and that’s the reason: Pegaso.

I understand that, but what about the other red one? How does the door open wide enough to enter without whacking the mirror? Unlike its 2 ‘flankers’, a bad design, or modification, concept imo.

More from North of the border, Buzzer

Spardo:

Froggy55:

oiltreader:
Oily

I understand that, but what about the other red one? How does the door open wide enough to enter without whacking the mirror? Unlike its 2 ‘flankers’, a bad design, or modification, concept imo.

Check strap or sliding bracket giving going on 90°of opening before fouling the mirror.
Oily

windrush:

oiltreader:
Oily

Punchy Dan did mention it on here a week or so ago, you must have missed it Oily.

Pete.

Yes Pete ta, I’ve just had a look back, going on a month now, must pay attention.
Oily

oiltreader:

Spardo:
mirror? Unlike its 2 ‘flankers’, a bad design, or modification, concept imo.

Check strap or sliding bracket giving going on 90°of opening before fouling the mirror.
Oily

Thanks Oily, I’ll take your word for it :slight_smile: , still looks pretty close to me though. :unamused:

Some of Russell’s & one of Kendrick’s, Buzzer

Buzzer:
An ERF insuliner, Buzzer

if i remember right they had a wood grain effect livery on the top half of the cab…

One on the preservation scene this picture taken a couple of years ago at Brough.

m.a.n rules:

Buzzer:
An ERF insuliner, Buzzer

if i remember right they had a wood grain effect livery on the top half of the cab…

Plants sadly folded January this year,long established Cheshire company,although latterly of Stafford.

David