Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Thanks all ,here’s a load for the wurzels :smiley:

What’s the “dodge” with the dual No. plates then Dan’l ? Cheers Denzil :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The white one is the trailer reg number Dennis it’s to do with brexit :open_mouth:

Thanks for that Dan’l :blush: bit after my time by a good few years :wink: Cheers Denzil.

MA Bewick will fill you in I’d think he’s done the same :wink:

In the spring Last load of RoRo’s from Triton knoll project at Skegness to Cardiff on Rover Way .

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

What’s the “dodge” with the dual No. plates then Dan’l ? Cheers Denzil :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The white one is the trailer reg number Dennis it’s to do with brexit :open_mouth:

Really Dan? What irony, the UK finally comes into line with the rest of Europe only when it leaves. Are all trailers to be registered separately now, or just if they may have to go across the Channel?

Belt and braces though, I know the Spaniards need both plates, but not everyone does, just the trailer plate on the trailer.

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Very odd this separate registration for trailers, we have had to do that with our fridges and also we have a separate green card in place as for sure you are going to meet an awkward authority one day across the channel who insists its an individual vehicle even though it has no drive wheels, that’s just the way they are, Buzzer.

Here’s todays input, Buzzer

Thanks for that Dan’l :blush: bit after my time by a good few years :wink: Cheers Denzil.
[/quote]
MA Bewick will fill you in I’d think he’s done the same :wink:
[/quote]
Is that PonsonWick you’re referring to Dan? :wink:

Spardo:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Really Dan? What irony, the UK finally comes into line with the rest of Europe only when it leaves. Are all trailers to be registered separately now, or just if they may have to go across the Channel?

Belt and braces though, I know the Spaniards need both plates, but not everyone does, just the trailer plate on the trailer.

It’s mostly the Romanians and Bulgarians that pull Spanish registered trailers that don’t do it David, well, at least the ones that can’t be bothered that is…

Here’s a picture of my 4 year old apprentice with his Grandad, he’s proudly holding a (see through glass) trophy presented by HGV Direct for my lorry winning it’s class in their virtual lockdown truck show 2020.

pv83:
It’s mostly the Romanians and Bulgarians that pull Spanish registered trailers that don’t do it David, well, at least the ones that can’t be bothered that is…

What I meant was I think it is only Spain that insists that both plates are displayed, the French for one only need the trailer reg on the trailer, not the tractor. It seems from Dan’s picture that the UK is going along with Spanish practice, but is it?

Earlier today I came across an old file containing cards from my transport days.
My card from the Home Office had my name printed correctly, but managed to
mis-spell my company name. :unamused: On several occasions when stopped by VOSA
or the Police for a random check, I would show this Home Office card as my I.D.
and always got waved on without further checks. :sunglasses:

Ray Smyth.

pyewacket947v:
7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys Eng

A ex military Thorneycroft Mighty Antar.
Once the MoDs choice of tank transporter.
I still have the Dinkey toy version, complete with Chieftain tank,

You certainly catch some more unusual pics “pyewacket947v” . Sad to see a Mighty Antar in that state.

Spardo:

pv83:

What I meant was I think it is only Spain that insists that both plates are displayed, the French for one only need the trailer reg on the trailer, not the tractor. It seems from Dan’s picture that the UK is going along with Spanish practice, but is it?

You’re forgetting about the Italians, they’ve got the same system as the Spanish. Apart from those two, I can’t think of any other country that insists on having both plates on display.

Another for today, Buzzer

pv83:

Spardo:

pv83:

You’re forgetting about the Italians, they’ve got the same system as the Spanish. Apart from those two, I can’t think of any other country that insists on having both plates on display.

You’re right, I was, we don’t see so many of them in the west. Funny thing is with both them and the Spaniards they don’t seem to have any trouble with the clips for the tractor plates. Unlike the Brits as I remember which were always unreliable and I always carried a strip of innertube to make sure it didn’t fall off.

Heygate’s Flour still going today, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Very odd this separate registration for trailers, we have had to do that with our fridges and also we have a separate green card in place as for sure you are going to meet an awkward authority one day across the channel who insists its an individual vehicle even though it has no drive wheels, that’s just the way they are, Buzzer.

You only need the separate trailer registration if you go abroad, all since Brexit but on the plus side it does make it easier when you go out of the eu esp Russia as they can’t get there heads round the fact that we say it’s complete one number covers truck and trailer, so producing 2 documents now speeds up the border paperwork process.

7 May 1985
Alfreton Rd
Little Eaton
Derbys, Eng

Pretty sure this is a dead Magirus Deutz 6x4 scow ended tipper,
Must have been dragged in loaded by the look of it.
Either that or someone is attempting a bit of landscaping to
brighten up the surroundings.

Thanks to Punchy Dan, Buzzer, 1970commer, Ray Smyth, DEANB and pyewacket947v for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley:
Oily

Dachcam A66 November 2019.

robthedog:
You only need the separate trailer registration if you go abroad, all since Brexit but on the plus side it does make it easier when you go out of the eu esp Russia as they can’t get there heads round the fact that we say it’s complete one number covers truck and trailer, so producing 2 documents now speeds up the border paperwork process.

Thanks Rob, I did wonder about that, so even if you don’t go across regularly, a good thing to have just in case. :slight_smile:

Just for a change a bit of agricultural input, this look’s like a Massey 1250 been converted with a slurry tank and has had massive low impact tyre’s fitted for wet conditions and so as to not make too much mess, the tractor quite rare my mate is rebuilding a 1200, Buzzer