Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Buzzer, pyewacket947v, tyneside and Frankydobo for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: an interesting input :smiley:
Oily

Skip and little brother.

Now we’re really really really talking !! Limey’s pic

13 February 1985
Raglan Services, A40
Raglan, Mons, CYM
Managed to chop the nose off this.
Soldier Blue
B677 TWW
A Scania 112m in the livery of Naylors Transport.

Nice early shot of a W&J Riding Leyland nmp, Buzzer

coomsey:

Hi “coomsey” This has to be a good old Foden IMO, Thanks for posting it, Regards Larry.

Tyneside

Patterson breakdown 1936 Fordson 7V V8 engine. Body by Holland Coachcraft, Govan, Glasgow.jpg

tyneside:
Not sure if this has been photoshopped. It is meant to be International Paints at Felling Gateshead. The wagons appear to be BRS.
Can anyone confirm if this is correct ?

Tyneside

Hell fire i’ve been there a few times and the yard isn’t much better now though they have a holding area up the road .Great photo though

coomsey:

He wouldn’t be “nipping” anyway with that ,watching Outbaxk Truckers makes me wonder how on earth they went on with old motors like that pulling 3 trailers when the much more modern vehicles still struggle

Lawrence Dunbar:

coomsey:

Hi “coomsey” This has to be a good old Foden IMO, Thanks for posting it, Regards Larry.

She’d be earning her corn there Larry

ramone:

coomsey:

He wouldn’t be “nipping” anyway with that ,watching Outbaxk Truckers makes me wonder how on earth they went on with old motors like that pulling 3 trailers when the much more modern vehicles still struggle

No gear skipping there Ramone ! Makes you wonder what the rates were to warrant a motor that big ?

19 February 1985
B4090, Saltway
Droitwich Spa, Worcs
A Stonefield 4x4, proberbly with the
West Mids Electricity Board.
They seemed quite popular with the
electricity industry for a while.

Few more from the North East Tyneside

Hoovering Mercedes leopard skin.jpg

Newcastle Rag Week fed Brewery.jpg

Hunters the Bakers Myers & Bowman body 1.jpg

BRS Bensham Bank 1.jpg

I think the BRS artic is a Mercury 892 ANW 1D661 then HA180 from Newcastle

Another fine photo input thanks to coomsey, pyewacket947v, Buzzer and tyneside :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also the craic going well :smiley:
Oily

A couple of Sturdys

ramone:

coomsey:

The UK trucks were the ones used originally as road train’s before the American motors.

AEC

aussi aec 1934a.PNG

19 February 1985
Guy Street
Leamington Spa.Warks
A Commer Commando, called a 'Odge, with a Ergo cab grill and the brightwork from a Ford D1000 and a 4 Square
Perkins Diesel emblem… Must be in disguise then,
Waiting its turn to back into Sainsburys Store goods in bay. It could only accommodate one truck at a time,
This was one of the small operators running under the Vangen banner from Worcester delivering ambient goods.
The Bedford TM in the background is from the same stable, it was not unusual to see several vehicles queuing at
Sainsbury stores, one delivering eggs,another cereals, another crisps, and so on…
JS later moved to a larger out of town store and the chance to sit and watch the passing talent sadly disappeared.

oiltreader:
Another fine photo input thanks to coomsey, pyewacket947v, Buzzer and tyneside :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also the craic going well :smiley:
Oily

A couple of Sturdys

and a “Rusty Trusty”

P1130558.JPG

Tyneside:
Gateshead and Newcastle photos. Tyneside

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Past Present And In Between In Pictures . Page 617.

VALKYRIE . Page 618 . Sunday,9th February,2020.

Ford Fordson Thames ET6 V8 Petrol or ET7 Perkins Diesel,Dropside,4x2,Lorry,FTY 478,Northumberland,1952-1953,Tynedale Herd. TN-OTL,PPAIBIP,617,Tyneside,2-2020.1#

.Ford Fordson Thames ET6 V8 Petrol or ET7 Perkins Diesel,Dropside,4x2,Lorry,FTY 478,Northumberland,1952-1953,Tynedale Herd. TN-OTL,PPAIBIP,617,Tyneside,2-2020.1#.jpg

From what I can make out the above lorry is a Ford Fordson Thames ET6 or ET7. NOTE:This particular 1949-
1957 normal control lorry range apparently has a number of marque names! :exclamation: :unamused: :slight_smile: I’ve seen it
referred to either as 1, Ford,or 2, Fordson,or 3, Thames,or 4, Ford Thames, or 5, Fordson Thames,thus
some enthusiasts and writers-historians use the just the Ford marque,other enthusiasts and writers-
historians use the Fordson marque name,and so on,etc. To avoid any confusion I refer to this lorry range as
Ford Fordson Thames ! :exclamation: :smiley:

The photograph below shows the front nearside of one of these Ford Fordson Thames lorries.NOTE:I actually
saw and photographed this lorry at Sandtoft Transport Centre,near Doncaster in October 2019;its still
painted red,a dropside body has been fitted and the sounds made by its V8 petrol engine and
transmission are pure music!! :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley: The lorry is called Harry,after its original owner,and the owner is from Gainsborough,Lincolnshire.

Ford Fordson Thames ET6 V8 Petrol,Crane-Equipped,Chariot-Bodied,4x2 Breakdown Lorry,MKL 624,Kent,1949,Harry’s Garage. TN-OTL,PPAIBIP,618,CarFromUK.Com,2-2020.2#

Leyland Titan PD2/1/Leyland Farrington H30/26R Double Decker Omnibus,Chassis No.501489,NBB 290,1950,Newcastle Transport,No.290. TN-OTL,PPAIBIP,617,Tyneside,2-2020.3#

.Leyland Titan PD2,1,Leyland Farrington H30,26R Double Decker Omnibus,Chassis No.501489,NBB 290,1950,Newcastle Transport,No.290. TN-OTL,PPAIBIP,617,Tyneside,2-2020.3#.jpg

Leyland FT3A Streamlined Limousine Pump Escape Fire Engine,Chassis No.100049,CN 8826,Gateshead,9-1938,Gateshead Fire Brigade . TN-OTL,PP&IIP,617,2-2020.Tyneside.3#

.Leyland FT3A Streamlined Limousine Pump Escape Fire Engine,Chassis No.100049,CN 8826,Gateshead,9-1938,Gateshead Fire Brigade . TN-OTL,PP&IIP,617,2-2020.Tyneside.3#.jpg

VALKYRIE

Needs just a little elbow grease before going back to work!

I’ve taxed worse than that little Thorny, a couple of cable ties for the front bumper, a battery, and it’ll be ready for work.