Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to all of you for the informations concerning the Mammoth’s engine!

Deephaven Evanton today.
Oily

Oily time for you to open that sporran of yours, taking it is what you keep your money in and go to Annan where this beauty is on sale for K13 you could not begin to restore something like this for that money, cheers Buzzer

Hi Oily, have they started welding pipes together again here / (how do you wind a rigid steel pipe onto a drum ■■) I cannot fathom this out given the diameter of the drum on the pipe laying ship Deep Energy. Those sheds are former WW2 buildings on the old Novar airfield. Sunderland flying boats operated from nearby RAF Alness.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Buzzer:
Oily time for you to open that sporran of yours, taking it is what you keep your money in and go to Annan where this beauty is on sale for K13 you could not begin to restore something like this for that money, cheers Buzzer

Trying to keep one step ahead of our “leader” and tax increases so no dosh to spare :laughing:
Oily

Leyland600:
Hi Oily, have they started welding pipes together again here (how do you wind a rigid steel pipe onto a drum ■■) I cannot fathom this out given the diameter of the drum on the pipe laying ship Deep Energy. Those sheds are former WW2 buildings on the old Novar airfield and where the Sunderland flying boats operated from
Cheers, Leyland 600

Yes Leyland 600, looks busy again over on the main site, the wagons park outside the main gate (where I took the snaps)waiting to be called.
Oily

One for Froggy55
Oily

Citroen 3174587109_1_3_NmGMSY2q.jpg

Certainly knows how to use Photoshop! Also a greatevolution compared to the last trucks produced by Citroën (1967).

AEC dump truck advert from 1962.

Click on page once/twice.

While we are on the subject of dumpers here’s one hitching a ride, Buzzer.

^^^ Proper driver would have adjusted his mirrors! :wink: :wink:

Thanks to DEANB and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

oiltreader:
One for Froggy55
Oily

Best looking Citroën I’ve seen in years! :wink:

Buzzer:

We’ve 'ad bigger than that 'ere drive…

Buzzer:

He’s not showing an STGO Cat 3 plate. Definitely worth a tug from VOSA

oiltreader:
One for Froggy55
Oily

I’m not good at spotting photo shop stuff but that looks like a Yank truck from the hood back and that location is definitely in the USA.

Staffs.
Oily

Staffs John Nicholls cc by sa 2.0 at Milford Staffs 022936_e1227a59 jn .jpg

Staffs eastleighbusman 44190047391_6ab9f1322celbm _k.jpg

These pictures of Morris Carriers Leyland Beaver were captured off the television last night
by a friend of mine. The television series is “Endeavour”, Inspector Morse when he was a
young Detective Sergaent in 1969. I am told that the Leyland Beaver was one of a fleet of
Mobile X-Ray Units of the National Health Service, and its registration number is MUM 289.
From memory, I seem to remember that they pulled a drawbar trailer X-Ray unit as well.
Perhaps there are pictures of this Leyland somewhere on Trucknet that I have not seen,

Ray Smyth.

Morris 1.jpg

Morris 2.jpg

Morris 3.jpg

Morris 4.jpg

It might have been this one Ray ?

x ray lorry.jpg

Regards. John.

back in the 60s my uncle who worked on the post office had a chest xray in one of them found he had lung cancer and lost a lung , but he lived for another 20 yrs they were a very good idea back then owing to all the TB I suppose