Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

P & S Contracts, George Patterson & Son. They were yellow, they did run some Blue 8 Wheelers Fodens. The Macks were running above the legal length at first. Regards Larry.

This Picture was put on English Macks site by Pete 359 i think he might have some more of original P&S.

As far as i know they were all 6 Wheel Units,RHD and Diesel, most of there work was out of Parkhead Forge, when they finished up some Units went to Pentus Brown and the rest went to Austrailia,George Paterson went to Canada,this Picture has been taken in there Yard in Baillieston Glasgow in the 60s.

Ben.

ben walker:

This Picture was put on English Macks site by Pete 359 i think.

As far as i know they were all 6 Wheel Units,RHD and Diesel, most of there work was out of Parkhead Forge, when they finished up some Units went to Pentus Brown and the rest went to Austrailia,George Paterson went to Canada,this Picture has been taken in there Yard in Baillieston Glasgow in the 60s.

Ben.

Thats an original and what we have been looking for, good on ya.
oily

The main theme being MACK, and the fact Spardo mentioned Oz here’s some more and they’re all australian.
oily

mack roadtrain livestock.jpg

harry:
Western Star
Foden
Mack
Commer
Foden
Scammel
Kenworth
Dodge
Bedford.

I wonder if the first one isn’t a Leyland?

And you chickened out on the Government Road Train Harry. At the other end somewhere there’ll be an AEC. :slight_smile:

As far as the P&S Macks go, no wonder I thought they were orange - that one looks orange to me, ish. :blush: :laughing:

The B-Quadruple road train of Shell’s is a stylish looking beast. In 1988 their triple bottom braking systems were modified in house to stop a 50 metre, 115 tonnes, 62 wheel train in its own length without skid or axle hop at 70 km/hr. Pretty impressive.

I wonder if 4 trailers are still to the same standard.

This ex military MAN has an air cooled 320hp turbo diesel Deutz power unit.
oily

Earley 30s, 14 of Smiles for Miles Ford Sussex tippers at Newburn brickyard, Courtesy of Diane Smiles, Regards Larry.

Some more Macks, top two in Australia.
oily

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Earley 30s, 14 of Smiles for Miles Ford Sussex tippers at Newburn brickyard, Courtesy of Diane Smiles, Regards Larry.

Looks a fair tonnage for what would have been under the bonnet, nice pic anyway.
oily

Well defo petrol, possibley the Side Valve V 8 engine ?. Regards Larry.

The earley Macks, Regards Larry

A Man’s a Man for a’ that (Rabbie Burns).
oily

An old Leyland or two, my lot for today. cheers.
oily

1949 Leyland.jpg

Smiles for Miles Leyland.

oiltreader:
An old Leyland or two, my lot for today. cheers.
oily

Loveley 1938 Leyland Chinese 6 wheeler, In fact all your stuff is brilliant , Regards Larry.

This is Smiles fo Miles,s Lime Sand & Motar wagon, Regards Larry.

Unusual cab on this 1959 Austin, what do you reckon it was before this cab was fitted, I doubt it would have left the factory with just a rad grille, guesses, ideas■■?.
oily

Another of approx. same age but normal factory cab.
oily

Austin Flatbed Turner.jpg

A proper Italian Stallion the Astra and a couple of earlier ones from the same stable.
oily

astra dump truck 1957.jpg

astra dump truck 1967.jpg