Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Retired Old ■■■■:
I’m almost ashamed to admit that the Rofmobile is a Citroen! If I’m rash enough to say that it’s done 140,000 miles without any trouble whatsoever I’m sure to have to rely on Green Flag in the near future.

And young Dan will tell you that it almost passed a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ ERF one Sunday!
[/quote]

My Pug makes enough noise and smoke at 165,000 miles to make me think it is also trying to pass something through its exhaust, a whole ERF might be a little ambitious for it though? :unamused:

Pete.

A wee touch with the left foot on the brake pedal, just enough to light up :smiling_imp:
Oily

Close Richard 37828138744_90bcabf542 rs _k.jpg

oiltreader:
A wee touch with the left foot on the brake pedal, just enough to light up :smiling_imp:
Oily

Now that’s some proper slipstreaming in order to save some fuel Oily! :laughing: :laughing:

Always reckoned they did those MOT inspections in a workshop…?

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

Now that’s some proper slipstreaming in order to save some fuel Oily! :laughing: :laughing:

Aye Patrick, I look at that and cringe forgetting that when I was a youth pedalling to work, (a 10 mile round trip), an opportunity to slipstream a bus didn’t go amiss :blush: :laughing: :laughing:
Oily

This is tidy Oily ! :wink:

5509491066_b8450ddf8c_z.jpg

I’ve a shilling that says that is a black oil tank. :wink:

Thanks to pv83 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
The Mathers tanker puzzles me, can’t think that they were ever tanker people and the livery, well :confused: there might be an explanation somewhere.
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckp … page3.html
Oily

Didn’t Mathers run a green & red Daf, oily? Seems a bit weird, though, when their regular livery was so different.
But you can save me that 88 any time!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Didn’t Mathers run a green & red Daf, oily? Seems a bit weird, though, when their regular livery was so different.
But you can save me that 88 any time!

You got me going ROF and yes green and red livery public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckp … g_mathers/ the Daf is on p3
Cheers
Oily

I wonder why the two totally different colour schemes?

oiltreader:
Thanks to pv83 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
The Mathers tanker puzzles me, can’t think that they were ever tanker people and the livery, well :confused: there might be an explanation somewhere.
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckp … page3.html
Oily

The DAF looks very like the one Wullie Gunn had. Thanks for posting it Oily.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

image.jpegWorking at Dry Rigg Quarry today.

Thanks to Punchy Dan for the pic :smiley: a man of many and varied skills :sunglasses:
Oily

A96 at Inverness

Punchy Dan:
0Working at Dry Rigg Quarry today.

Young Dan’s got himself into the scrap & recycling game now. Photo shows him removing the cab from a machine- I guess he’s hoping to flog it to some unfortunate Foden owner- half cabs are apparently making a come back. :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Dan , Would I be correct when I say this quarry is at Settle in Yorkshire :question: :question: :question:, Owned by the Lafarge Group.Regards Larry. , PS The photo is spot on as usual from a real haulage man. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeginhouse recovery :open_mouth:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Dan , Would I be correct when I say this quarry is at Settle in Yorkshire :question: :question: :question:, Owned by the Lafarge Group.Regards Larry. , PS The photo is spot on as usual from a real haulage man. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tarmac now Larry , :wink: :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Punchy Dan:

Young Dan’s got himself into the scrap & recycling game now. Photo shows him removing the cab from a machine- I guess he’s hoping to flog it to some unfortunate Foden owner- half cabs are apparently making a come back. :wink:

:smiley:

Punchy Dan:
0123inhouse recovery :open_mouth:

Mmm, doing poor young Darrel Mansfield out of some recovery work now are we Dan? It’s just not on you know! :unamused: :laughing:

Pete.