Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Hope they’re not recovering this old Albion far, the trailer appears to be creaking under the strain :confused: Chris

2 Leyland Octopus’ of Highland Haulage passing the Houses of Parliament. Chris

Answers on a post-card please. :wink: Chris

Scan0002.jpg

Not the greatest of pics but what an outfit :smiley: :sunglasses: Chris

Truck of the future built by Motor Panels, from the 1956 Motor Show :confused: Chris

Debbie :open_mouth: :wink: was a rather pleasant regular in 1980s TRUCK mag’ . Chris

I remember seeing an Albion Chieftain tractor unit of Caledonian very similar to this one in Milburn Motors circa 1962 which appeared to have been hit from the rear on Wragmire Bank on the A6. The chassis had doubled up forwards in a U shape and the cab was wrecked, a vision that has stayed with me all these years.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Re the two Highland Haulage wagons in London the second looks like an Albion Caledonian which it probably is. Highland Haulage did operate this model I remember seeing them on the road in the early 1960s as thet passed through Carlisle pre motorway days.
Cheers Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Re the two Highland Haulage wagons in London the second looks like an Albion Caledonian which it probably is. Highland Haulage did operate this model I remember seeing them on the road in the early 1960s as thet passed through Carlisle pre motorway days.
Cheers Leyland 600

Spot on L6., They had an office in London run by a fellow called Gavin Wilkie IIRC, I used to get back loads from him in the 60s, One of their jobs was the Terrapin Cabins from Bletchley up to the Inland Revenue place at ■■■■■■■■■■■■ which was handy for getting another back load from Intercity Transport, The good old days , Regards Larry.

oiltreader:
Thanks to servo88 a fine lot Gordon :smiley: and to Andrew Morrison :smiley: for the pics is your brother a driver Andrew :question: .
Hey missed a couple :blush: so thanks also to DEANB for the pic and H143500 for the info :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

One for the tanker men, how does this damage happen, no scrape mark on the livery number :bulb: :bulb:

you sure this aint vacum damage ie ■■■■ in

pv83:

I somewhat doubt carrying cars needs a 6x6 tractor!

Larrys Variety Photos 010.JPG

Thanks to Leyland 600, pv83, adr and Lawrence Dunbar :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , a fine input of photos and craic :smiley: .
Oily

A Merc in Argentina.

swayze1:

oiltreader:
Thanks to servo88 a fine lot Gordon :smiley: and to Andrew Morrison :smiley: for the pics is your brother a driver Andrew :question: .
Hey missed a couple :blush: so thanks also to DEANB for the pic and H143500 for the info :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

One for the tanker men, how does this damage happen, no scrape mark on the livery number :bulb: :bulb:

you sure this aint vacum damage ie ■■■■ in

That was kinda my thinking as well swayze, I remember fellow member wrighty writing about potential damage when cleaning out tanks when he was on the milk/cream tankers. something along the lines of atmospheric pressure with temperature change. A bit of info here with regard to what can damage liquid carrying tanks youtube.com/watch?v=0N17tEW_WEU.
Oily

Show vehicles Jedburgh 006.JPG
Show vehicles Jedburgh 007.JPG

Show vehicles Jedburgh 030.JPG
Show vehicles Jedburgh 043.JPG

Hi servo, The Slater’s amusements family spend their winters here in their yard at Wigton, I have known various members most of my adult life and were good customers in the winter months when I operated coaches.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi servo, The Slater’s amusements family spend their winters here in their yard at Wigton, I have known various members most of my adult life and were good customers in the winter months when I operated coaches.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Leyland 600 have got some more of Slater’s will sort them out & post them on here’ regard’s Gordon

Thanks servo, Slaters have worked the border towns for years plus some of their families have married lads or lassies from the area and settled there Greenlaw in particular.
Cheers, Leyland 600

CIMG7464.JPG

CIMG7465.JPG