Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Leyland600:
Hi Kev, the Newcastle Corporation Regent III with Northern Coachbuilders, Eastern Coachworks lookalike body and Paul’s Regent III ex South Shields fire engine have been on the rally scene since the mid 1970s, I remember attending the Dunbar Rally circa 1978 when the parking area above the harbour was flooded overnight due to a cloud burst, the rally organiser was in a panic when Paul arrived with his crew calmly laying out their hoses and pumping the area dry in a few minutes much to the relief of the organising committee. The local fire chief was miffed, he reckoned they should have done the job and charged for it. Tough Eh! The South Shields Daimler CVG 6 with C.H. Roe body has also been around for many years. Attached is a photo (Brunswick Green & Grey middle coach) of my AEC Reliance, / Plaxton Consort body KBV 778 originally new to Batty Holt Ribblesdale in 1958 then to Chiltern Queens of Woodcote Oxfordshire. I bought it in 1982 and seen here at Gypsies Green circa 1982/3 taking part in the Tyne Tees Rally. Wilkinsons of Sedgefield Leyland Royal Tiger in the forgeround. Also attached a photo by professional photographer Tim Richardson of ex Weardale Motor Services Leyland Leopard / Plaxton Elite after I bought it from Leon Maude of Barnard Castle in 1986 as a back up coach for my Tower Coaches company seen here on the Tyne Tees Rally 1987.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Thanks Gerald, great info! I was fortunate enough to have driven the Merryweather, Paul needed a driver for the Tyne Tees many years ago I was the lucky one!!! It drives very well.
Regards Kev.

Thanks to servo88, kevmac47, Punchy Dan and Leyland 600 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , a grand input.
Oily

Murray Hogg a mixed fleet courtesy of Richard Says.

Murray Hogg Richard 42700293342_37941f7fe6_krs .jpg

Murray Hogg Richard 40773943365_4f32650033_k rs .jpg

Murray Hogg Richard 27135576073_8332746f40_k rs .jpg

Murray Hogg Richard 21060407273_deff3e3a9d_k RS .jpg

Murray Hogg Richard 18032692911_860debb3a0 rs _k.jpg

Transcon.

Spardo:

servo88:

Murray Hoog, was that the firm frpm which RH Freight eventually evolved?

Or have I got my wires crossed? :confused:

And the Albion on the Daf trailer brings back memorys, my first long distance haulage wagon. Not that actual one, mine was on a much longer wheelbase probably a coach chassis. Made for some intresting cornering if the load was towards the tail. An early taste of power steering. :laughing:

Hiya Spardo RH(Rennie Hogg) were originally based in Ruddington and later on moved to a purpose built site on Lenton Lane where the Baxter family became the main shareholders
There was different sections within the RH Group
RH Freight
RH Freight Services
RH Air Freight Services
RH Commercial Vehicles
RH Rentals
RH Malta Cross Services
RH Transport
The Baxter’s sold the RH GROUP to Kuene and Nagel but retained the RH Commercial Vehicles side plus they still own the site on Lenton Lane
Recently the Baxter family bought the transport company Europa
Cheers Gary

Yes Gary, I remember now. I think I once went there to see if there were any jobs going, but really my only connection with them was RH Commercials.

I wasn’t impressed, I booked a weeks trial with a Magnum when I was manager at Toray. Because by this time we were an all wagon and drag fleet, I also booked a hire trailer to test it with. Checking the week before what time the tractor would arrive I discovered that they’d made a blue and double booked it. So when where you going to tell me, bearing in mind that I have a semi hired specially for it. Errrrrrrrrr? was the reply. Fortunately the trailer hire company were busy too so were happy to cancel without a penalty.

We bought Fodens, Mercedes and, eventually, Volvos. :smiley:

eurotrans:

tvdriver:
Isn’t it a Renault?

Think about it :grimacing:

I thought about it, I haven’t been back to the uk for 15 years and they all look the same to me now, but thanks for the advice

Three old warriors waiting attention at Roger Dysons recovery systems.
Berry Hill Industrial Estate
Droitwich Spa, Worcs.
This was a good place to see all sorts of different motors, most waiting to have recovery gear fitted or repaired.
All taken on the 9th September 1984.

Corners & Foden 012.JPG
Corners & Foden 013.JPG

Corners & Foden 023.JPG

Corners & Foden 015.JPG

Foden rebuild 017.JPG

Foden rebuild 019.JPG

Foden rebuild 006.JPG
Foden rebuild 009.JPG

Foden rebuild 013.JPG

servo88:

Isn’t this an Irish-built Dennison truck?

Froggy55:

servo88:

Isn’t this an Irish-built Dennison truck?

Def a Foden Froggy55"

Thanks to DEANB, Lawrence Dunbar, pyewacket947v and servo88 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Broxden Services Perth.

I saw this trailer recently on Hatston Pier, Kirkwall, Orkney loaded with anchor cable possibly from an oilrig accomodation platform that has been undergoing maintainance etc in Scapa Flow. The trailer will be shipped south on a Northlink ferry to Aberdeen. I hope a loop of chain does not slip out from under the ■■■■■■■■ the off side and drop on someone’s toe !! Looping the strap through a link on each side would be a more secure way to prevent any slippage.
A DAF tractor unit witha JAK A BOX conversion to a tipper or tractor unit is disembarking MV Earl Thorfinn at Whitehall pier, Stronsay with 600 kgs dumpy bags of fertilizer or fish food ? Looks to be well freighted.
Cheers, Leyland 600.