Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

kevmorrow:

pete smith:

oiltreader:

pete smith:
N.m.p,
Morning Oily,
I would imagine these D series would have been out of breath pretty quickly dragging these trailers around? Cheer’s Pete

Minster Motors of Kings Lynn Pete, there is or was a Trucknet member who drove for them and yes and unless the D series had an implant it would struggle.
Dores Inn time coming up again :laughing: :sunglasses: .
Cheers
Oily

Morning Oily,
Thank you for the info on the D series,
Can’t do the Dores Inn “trunk” this year mate, I’m moving house soon so I’m having a few days next week on Anglesey, will be visiting Llandudno transport festival on the Sunday, Mrs don’t know yet though! Dore’s Inn is pencilled in for next May, Cheer’s Pete

Chap walks into a garage n asks the man " can I have a pair of wipers for a Skoda? " . The man shook his hand n said " It’s a deal! "

I live near Kings Lynn and Minster Motors years ago used to deliver Scodas that were imported through Kings Lynn Docks.
1953 floods 100s of Scodas were written off and sold cheap locally. but I have heared stories many were still running rust free 1980s.

Cheers
Kev

A chap walks into a garage n asks the man " Can I have a pair of wipers for a Skoda? " The man shakes his hand n says " It’s a deal! "

rastone:
Had a Transit 17seater delivered on a D-Series, but this was not the fault of the motor.This ■■■■■■ was very late as far as production time and the headmaster of the school was very irate…They’d had vehicles from us before and no problem.Motor came .Hoo bloodyray! driver getting it off but one of the chains and hook weren’t fully wound up.He reversed the motor and the hook caught the drip rail over the rear doors.A ■■■■■■■ bus to tour round Barton-under- Needwood .That would have taken your mind off Thorneys Mr Woodings.Why didn’t we have digital cameras in those days ?
Had to write another of what do yousay to a customer in my excuses manual !

Tony

I can relate to that but not quite as severe, on a wagon and drag , driver drove the cars on and the mate chained them, no straps in them days, chains with hooks on barrel ratchets on the cross members of the decks, 4 to a vehicle. A stop en route and a loose top deck chain lying on the car below, nice bare patch of metal, on delivery got the notes signed and forgot to mention a bit of paint might be required before the customer got his shiny new motor. Cars in them days had few or any anchor points that could be used without damage, wishbone assembly unit ok, live rear axles without brake pipes or cabling ok even then paint underseal got marked :blush: . Some deliveries were gone over with a fine tooth comb by a jobsworth others we drove them into the pound and got a salesman to give us a signature.
The good old days… YES
Oily

Buzzer:
Know any history on this Oily or any one else ? loving the white wall tyres Buzzer.

Cheers for the pic Buzzer, can’t help with the history, the cab a bit unusual, a pod with access but what for.
Oily

coomsey:
A chap walks into a garage n asks the man " Can I have a pair of wipers for a Skoda? " The man shakes his hand n says " It’s a deal! "

Hi coomsey, you’ve just copped a prize for that joke… a shift on this beauty, tonnage moved earnings :laughing:
Oly

I love the paintwork on this motor, a proper job. (Immingham today).

Not sure what make this is ■■?

unusual36a.jpg

unusual36a.jpg (25.28 KiB) Viewed 6 times

Looks like a Bedford VAL psv coach chassis to me ?

Regards John.

Yes a Bedford VAL chassis it also has the Bedford Griffin badge on the front.

It does look like a Bedford badge on the front.

Oops, cross post. :slight_smile:

oiltreader:

coomsey:

Hi coomsey, you’ve just copped a prize for that joke… a shift on this beauty, tonnage moved earnings :laughing:
Oly

Thanks oily can’t wait :unamused:

Oily nice couple of Dennis Croft’s trucks loaded with straw, they do an awful lot of straw and when in full swing they have five balers on the go. I was with Dennis on Friday in Frome Market he is about 74 now but goes to all the markets and buys for other people as well as for him self, very good man to stand with when you are buying as he is a good judge of a beast. They have a DAF six wheeler cattle truck and an artic trailer if they get busy on the livestock and both were working Friday, cheers Buzzer.

untitled.png

Was of to two trips to Finland this week and first trip went great found sound nice old trucks were i loaded aswell. Second tripp started good on the ferry early so up to eat and do the taxfree shop then down to a short sleep. But just hit the bed and speakersystem called me to the infoplace. Was told that a truck hit my trick when they loaded the ferry. Mirror broke/cracked window like a spiderweb and the door had two big dents in it…

Danne

IMG_0661.JPG

DEANB:
Not sure what make this is ■■?

Isn’t that a Belgium Miesse Dean…?

Dirty Dan:
Was of to two trips to Finland this week and first trip went great found sound nice old trucks were i loaded aswell. Second tripp started good on the ferry early so up to eat and do the taxfree shop then down to a short sleep. But just hit the bed and speakersystem called me to the infoplace. Was told that a truck hit my trick when they loaded the ferry. Mirror broke/cracked window like a spiderweb and the door had two big dents in it…

Danne

That black Sisu looks the part mate! Cheers for posting :wink:

Bit of a downer to find someone has smashed your wagon eh… hopefully it’s getting sorted out soon…

Thanks to kevmac47, DEANB, Buzzer and Dirty Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Hi kev, snapped these June four years ago at Southwaite services en route from Holland, smart outfits.

oiltreader:
Thanks to kevmac47, DEANB, Buzzer and Dirty Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Hi kev, snapped these June four years ago at Southwaite services en route from Holland, smart outfits.

Hello Oily, That D7 plate transferred from the Volvo to the Daf. Really smart motors without looking like a “Tatter’s” caravan, :imp: :imp: regards Kev

Muck away but a good few years ago, Buzzer.

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

That black Sisu looks the part mate! Cheers for posting :wink:

Bit of a downer to find someone has smashed your wagon eh… hopefully it’s getting sorted out soon…

Yeah that Sisu was a nice find! Well on this ferry you back onboard,one man walks behind the truck and one in front of you so it was the workers on the ferry that did not do there work. So its al insusrance work.
Mirror and window is change on monday and bankholliday on tuesday so i got a long weekend. But new door order in this friday and when it comes it have to go to the paintshop so it will take some time i think…

Danne

Thanks to Buzzer for the pic :smiley:

On the A9 at North Kessock, Inverness.
Oily