Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to pyewacket947v, DEANB and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

snapped today in Dingwall.
Oily

Any ideas?

Ade

lurpak:
Any ideas?1
Ade

Ade, Its a Reliant Regal. Regards, Ray.

Thanks to lurpak for the pic :smiley:

A tanker or two.
Oily

Tanker Richard 25458758738_9cc37c693brs _k.jpg

Tanker Richard 24283110048_dd872df591rs k.jpg

Tanker eastleighbusman cc by nd 2.0 38438373856_1ae66da124_elbm k.jpg

Mainland Europe, thanks to Peter Schöler.
Oily

Hi oily, Jings, some of those pepper pot tanks for animal feed can take up to 11 drops, just imagine going round some of those Dumfrieshire or ■■■■■■■■ farms with an outfit like these. I remember it being bad enough with a two compartment tank or a 3 compartment box bulker both on a rigid 6 or 8 wheel chassis.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Found these on a german site, might jog some memories…? :wink:

Cheers, Patrick

The date of 8 Aug 1972 may be incorrect, but this is James Hare’s second Scania 110, bought on the strength of the first one UVP 40H.
Whereas UVP had a 6 speed box with a splitter on each, which actually gave 11 usable gears. 5H and 6L ratios were too close to make any difference.
EOG 835L had a 12 speed range change. Jim painted this in a darker shade than UVP and drove it handing UVP down to me.
I was spoilt really, a Scania 110 less than 2 years old for my first artic !!

On the subject of bulk animal feed blowers here are a couple of photos taken in Denmark in 1982.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Birmingham Co-oP Society ,Butchery Dept
GOV 959N Bedford TK.
A sort of travelling sales van in which i drove a Butchery Dept salesman around numerous
Co-oP Butchers shops, as he tried to persuade, cajole and heavily hint that the various shop
managers should fall for his sales patter and stock their cabinets with the variety of meats
we had in the van.
Never liked pork since.
Winsor St Garage
Nechell
B’ham
5 May 1976

050576.jpg

Thanks to Leyland600, pv83 and pyewacket947v forr the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: a fine input all of you.

Snapped today in Invergordon, I’m guessing a planer but can’t quite figure out the set up, 5th wheel coupling and landing legs on the machine, road wheels(little or no tyre tread) appear to be part of the machine, do they uncouple or stay on the machine when planing or whatever it does.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to Leyland600, pv83 and pyewacket947v forr the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: a fine input all of you.

Snapped today in Invergordon, I’m guessing a planer but can’t quite figure out the set up, 5th wheel coupling and landing legs on the machine, road wheels(little or no tyre tread) appear to be part of the machine, do they uncouple or stay on the machine when planing or whatever it does.
Oily

Nice one Oily! Can’t say I’m familiar with this machine in particular, but normally the axles are only fitted for transport, with tyres that have some tread on them I’d like to add :wink: Landing legs are just there for stability when the machine is being used. Maybe Danne knows a bit more about it, I’ve only transported the bloody things without the axles fitted :wink:

Cheers, Patrick

Never saw an Ford D series with such a sleeper cab…? Was it optional, or is this the result of some craftsmanship?

Nice ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
Never saw an Ford D series with such a sleeper cab…? Was it optional, or is this the result of some craftsmanship?

i dont think Ford ever offered one of these as a factory option. Most likely be by Jennings or some local workshop.
The style of the cab roof is unusual.

DEANB:
Nice ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HOLY MOLY :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

pyewacket947v:

pv83:

i dont think Ford ever offered one of these as a factory option. Most likely be by Jennings or some local workshop.

My thinking as well mate, nicely done though whoever did the conversion, they even managed to create some sort of “spacecab” sort of roof.

pv83:

pyewacket947v:

pv83:

My thinking as well mate, nicely done though whoever did the conversion, they even managed to create some sort of “spacecab” sort of roof.

The West one was by Frank Guy or Reeve Burgess which we supplied from T.C.H.The Cargo was by Whitacres of Hanley and their products were very well built.I remember in the late 50’s early 60’s a chap buiding a cab timber frame for an integral van.Beautiful.
They also did this

Tony

A few of the Punchard Group

Tony

PEAK TRUCK SHOW2 2004.jpg

PEAK TRUCK SHOW 9 ANGUS 2003.JPG

PEAK TRUCK SHOW 10 2003.JPG