Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

That’s it for now.

Tony

Entrance to Mont Blanc,french side.

IR192160.JPG

Trio of a Scottish company just for Oily, cheers Buzzer.

tyneside:

Cheers for the pic tyneside :smiley: have a guess at a 1925ish Thornycroft lorry and an earlier vintage Ruston Bucyrus.
Oily

Thanks to stevejones, rastone, DEANB, Buzzer and tyneside for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

More Staffs. lorries.
Oily

Staffs Richard 30978812984_6acc033f67 rs _k.jpg

Staffs Richard 30491212983_c802727c26_rs k.jpg

Staffs Cheadle General Views cc by 2.0 27104291282_51bb6f8629_gv k.jpg

Beauty competition

well folks, some cracking photos on this sight , the hulland twin steer Dodge is a belter ,also the 3 scotish ones are spot on ,keep them coming ,Cheers Barry

barrywaddy:
well folks, some cracking photos on this sight , the hulland twin steer Dodge is a belter ,also the 3 scotish ones are spot on ,keep them coming ,Cheers Barry

I should mention that the Dodge pic. and the B.S.ones were given me to scan by Les Shakeshaft of D-series breakdown fame and he had no problem of me putting them on this site

Tony

The Morrisons Dodge has either been rebuilt or had a serious front ender. No flasher lamps on the wings like the steer in the earlier picture.

When this Dodge was registered in Aberdeen somewhere between Aug 1961 to end of March 62 Indicators were still offered by manufacturers as optional extras, some vehicles had them some didn’t even though they were the same make, Dodge used this cab from around 1958 (as did Leyland) with the three piece grille style which soon changed to the two piece slatted style, so the Dodge in the pic is likely to be the original cab. Franky.

By the way the Chinese Six Dodge is Staffs registered 1960 so earlier vehicle but with the optional indicators.

We,Had a new dodge unit 1959 , and a 4 wheel tipper 1960 , indicators were an extra iirc 10 pounds , cheers Barry

barrywaddy:
We,Had a new dodge unit 1959 , and a 4 wheel tipper 1960 , indicators were an extra iirc 10 pounds , cheers Barry

But Bazzer did the 'owd Fella cough up the extra tenner or did you just have to stick your hand out of the window and wave it about ? Cheers Mr. Bewick.

Thanks to rastone, another cracking lot of pics :smiley:

A few LAD cabbed Dodge to mull over.
Oily

Dodge Ronnie cr DG 8749469107_d28fa77cbc rcc _o.jpg

Well I can tell you that Nigel Wilde’s Dodge (2830 AH) has a Leyland engine! :wink:

Pete.

MR, B , You were spot on there he only put them on the tipper ,not on the artic it ment you had to do the trailors as well, you know the score Mr B ,Cheers BARRY

barrywaddy:
MR, B , You were spot on there he only put them on the tipper ,not on the artic it ment you had to do the trailors as well, you know the score Mr B ,Cheers BARRY

Never thought of that angle Baz ! :wink: makes sense though eh! as it would have cost another tenner to fit a trailer up and if you had two trailers per unit Oooooooo! no chance !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Mr. B.

Tony

rastone:
Tony

Sorry this is a bit better
Tony