Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Buzzer, GOIN QUOIN, DEANB and ERF-NGC-European for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: a cracking lot :smiley: .
Oily

Not too many mixers get posted, this one snapped a few weeks ago at Scania Inverness, is it new or a recent paint job :bulb:

Robert any info on the F.G.Hammond says North Africa on the tilt but back in the day they used to put all sorts of destination’s which most they never went too, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Here are todays collection of shots a container truck, then one for Robert NGC to give us the lowdown on and also one Oily might throw some light on, Buzzer

The Volvo F12 painted in F G Hammond colours was owned and operated by the late Bill Kitt. An owner driver he worked for many years for both Hammond and Orient Transport. Andy Mclean aka Jazzandy also worked for Hammond before setting up Orient T. Promotor subbed some work out to Andy and the attached photo shows them at the Tehran International Trade Fair mid to late 80’s. Bill is on the trailer whilst Andy is standing beside it.

Hi Oily, I think it would be fair to assume the Scania would be bound to enter the John Gunn fleet at Swiney, Lybster.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Oily, I think it would be fair to assume the Scania would be bound to enter the John Gunn fleet at Swiney, Lybster.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

The colour is right Leyland600, so could well be.
Oily

Thanks to sandway and Leyland600 for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Sat waiting on the Cromarty Firth bridge a couple of weeks ago with barrier work is in progress.

A selection for today, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Here are todays collection of shots a container truck, then one for Robert NGC to give us the lowdown on and also one Oily might throw some light on, Buzzer

The Alderson Daf used to sub for John G Russell Gartcosh

SCANTASTIC:

Buzzer:

The Alderson Daf used to sub for John G Russell Gartcosh

And then Frigoscandia.

Cheers Malc.

DEANB:
Dont remember ever seeing 2 hitch hikers dressed like this !! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Honestly Dean, I was just driving to the local Tesco’s to get some tea… :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks to Buzzer, SCANTASTIC and malc step for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

A bit of groupage on a bus in Ecuador…we need a caption and don’t make a pig’s ear of it :laughing:

Hi Buzzer, the old Albion photos and fuel pumps was then the British Road Services depot at Abington Lanarkshire, situated in the fork junction of the A74 to Glasgow and the A702 to Biggar and Edinburgh. This depot became the Road Services Caledonian depot in the 1950s and currently is the home base of Reive & Grossart. This depot is rarely seen these days screened by trees and hidden from the nearby M74.
Cheers, Leyland 600

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, SCANTASTIC and malc step for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

A bit of groupage on a bus in Ecuador…we need a caption and don’t make a pig’s ear of it :laughing:

Well you could hardly worry about him contravening pigotage legislation with that triple-barrelled tank poking out of the back :wink: :wink: . Robert

Well I bin thinking and was going to say “That’s a nice bit of back bacon”, any good Oily !

Take the next pork left, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: - :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

oiltreader:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Oily

That raises a question in my mind Oily , when I holiday round Kinlochbervie Robert Elrick still operates his machines locally under Elrick and Gunn . Robert did a lot of work on the new road from Laxford Bridge and I wonder if John Gunn was involved with him on the plant side . Dave

Anyone know what make this is ■■?

DEANB:
Dont remember ever seeing 2 hitch hikers dressed like this !! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Haha, I don’t recall seeing these 2 when I was a subbie on Maenhout many years ago - looks like the pic might well have been taken in Zandvoordestraat Ostend on the way to their yard. Just for the record, they were the fairest & most prompt payers that I ever worked for - happy days.

rigsby:

oiltreader:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Oily

That raises a question in my mind Oily , when I holiday round Kinlochbervie Robert Elrick still operates his machines locally under Elrick and Gunn . Robert did a lot of work on the new road from Laxford Bridge and I wonder if John Gunn was involved with him on the plant side . Dave

Hello Rigsby, good to see you on the mend, all speed full recovery. There is a firm of Elrick and Gunn from Rhiconich, I doubt if there is any connection to the Lybster Gunns.
Oily

A pic from today, and Mrs kmills came along for a ride- she keeps me awake all night if you what I mean lol…