Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

What do you mean by “probably”?

Still going strong (Sutton’s :slight_smile: not the lorries :unamused: )

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:
I thought the Bedford Val was the only twin-steer bus ever produced…

There was the Leyland Gnu coach that was built from the '30s onwards. Then there was a Leyland X7 trolleybus. See pics below! Robert

Thanks Robert! I had never seen these either, especially the twin-steer double-decker! Any kind of power steering? Renault fitted it on their lorries and buses from 1936 (air operated).

Froggy55:
I thought the Bedford Val was the only twin-steer bus ever produced…

Bit of a commanding driving position that
Tony

Retired Old ■■■■:

albion1938:

Buzzer:
Remember owning one of these think FG with six cylinder engine ex Corral’s coal truck, had an alley body and I put a rack out over the cab for straw carting, when we were done the season put a horse container on it and sold it to a man from Wilton in Wiltshire and he used it for two shires and a plough to go to matches, MH moment that Buzzer.

That’s got a 6 pot diesel snout on Buzzer but it started life as a four pot or a petrol, it’s a lighter model on 6 stud wheels.
Bernard

Don’t tell Bewick- he’ll claim it’s got an 8-pot Gardner! :wink:

No mate, he’ll want a photo of the back of the cab so he can see it sticking out! :laughing:
Bernard

Greetings.All.
Ref. the BMC,it would have probably been fitted with the BMC Diesel engine,six cylinder 5.1 Litre.The six wheel Leyland looks like an Ex.Shell unit used in the airport as a refueller(run usually on Gas Oil).The road tankers didn’t have the red stripe in between the white and yellow paint.

DEANB:
Some unusual trucks.

I dont recall ever seeing a Leyland like this and wondered if it was a prototype ?
Looks like it could be shell colours.

Looks more Seddon Atkinson to me ?

Punchy Dan:

DEANB:
Some unusual trucks.

I dont recall ever seeing a Leyland like this and wondered if it was a prototype ?
Looks like it could be shell colours.

Looks more Seddon Atkinson to me ?

It does resemble the Seddon but the quarter lights look a bit odd, ■■?, Regards Larry.

Would anyone have a photo of the Diamond T wrecker which was based at Keele services on the M6 ?
I’m pretty sure it was lettered up as Blue Star Recovery.
John

Docks Dave Lowdon & Simpsons 023.JPG
Docks Dave Lowdon & Simpsons 012.JPG
Docks Dave Lowdon & Simpsons 021.JPG

Much appreciation for keeping the thread going :smiley: with thanks to robinswh, DEANB, largebloke1969, Buzzer, Lawrence Dunbar, pyewacket947v, stevejones, Froggy55, ERF-NGC-European, Stanfield and servo88 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The art lives on in the Highlands and Islands.
Oily

oiltreader:
Much appreciation for keeping the thread going :smiley: with thanks to robinswh, DEANB, largebloke1969, Buzzer, Lawrence Dunbar, pyewacket947v, stevejones, Froggy55, ERF-NGC-European, Stanfield and servo88 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oily

Great photos there Oily, And very well secured IMO, A proper job well done, Up yours :laughing: :laughing: : :laughing: x VOSA Eh, regards Larry.

oiltreader:

Oily

Hi Oily,
Uig 22 june 2017

P1010065 (5).JPG

I have a few more of my northern jollies if you would like me to put them on.
Cheers Malc.

Cadwallader’s yard from wayback oF FB, Buzzer

W Stobart Ramparts Docks & David Curry 048.JPG

malc step:

oiltreader:

Oily

Hi Oily,
Uig 22 june 2017

I have a few more of my northern jollies if you would like me to put them on.
Cheers Malc.

Yes Malc, your northern jollies most welcome on here :slight_smile: cheers for the pic :smiley:

Uig Fri. 23rd and same trailer at Lochmaddy waiting to cross The Minch.
Oily

servo88:

Nice one Gordon, swans and all :smiley:
Oily

Spotted these at the docks this week…

20170621_064553.jpg

20170621_064538_001.jpg

20170621_064527.jpg

Thanks to Buzzer and pv83 for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
From t’ north.
Oily

Camiones Espãna parked up at North Kessock A9.
Oily

IMG_1043.otJPG.JPG