Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

One for ZBanorak, perhaps.

And talking of ZBanorak, does anyone know if he’s OK? He hasn’t posted on here for some time now.

940c5f962301d7c9f611075115fdb48f.jpg
7044674477_151666a004.jpg
7044674477_151666a004.jpg

A few more today, Buzzer

1 Hislop (1).JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

oiltreader:
Retired in France, not your normal Marathon, credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo.
Oily

When you look at that pic Oily the Marathon cab seems to have survived very well and does not look shot with rust. Reckon that must be
down the South of France in the warmer weather.

leyland marathon bro.jpg

NMP off FB :laughing:

Thanks to robthedog, Ray Smyth, Punchy Dan, Buzzer, ERF-NGC-European, Lawrence Dunbar and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Leeming Bar 2019.

M6 at Keele Services 2016.
Oily

A GMC Fire appliance that I photographed about 1989, and I cant remember whether the location
is Broadway, Worcestershire, or Cirencester in Gloucestershire. Perhaps some of you West Country
chaps will recognise where it is. :confused:

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Nice old outfit from your part of the country Oily, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:
Nice old outfit from your part of the country Oily, cheers Buzzer

Back when outfits like this carried the obligatory bucket on the front towing pin,. Wonderful,!

15 September 1985
I cannot recall the location of this sad relic.
Somewhere on the road from Droitwich Spa to Porthmadog.
Its distinctive snub nose may be AWOL, but it is a Bedford CA.
3 speed column change, sliding doors and soft suspension.
Fun to drive though, and today, 5 June 2021, i saw a Dormobile
version joining the stationary traffic on the M5 Northbound at Jnc 23

Thanks to coomsey, Ray Smyth, Buzzer and pyewacket947v for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Hi pyewacket947v the Dormobile a product of Martin Walter Coachbuilders of Folkestone.
With regard to the advert and the “5 coat anti corrosion primer” claim… well the Vauxhall cars of that era could’ve done with some of that.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to coomsey, Ray Smyth, Buzzer and pyewacket947v for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Hi pyewacket947v the Dormobile a product of Martin Walter Coachbuilders of Folkestone.
With regard to the advert and the “5 coat anti corrosion primer” claim… well the Vauxhall cars of that era could’ve done with some of that.
Oily

Martin Walter advert from 1966. :wink:

A minky NMP

coomsey:
A minky NMP

I still have a workshop manual for the Saurer diesel engines fitted in those.

Pete.

oiltreader:
Oily

Thanks Oily… nostalgia at its best,!
Covered some miles in those Bedford CAs for Wrensons Grocers,
Well known Birmingham grocery chain,
Nothing new about home delivery,!

1A3ED6E9-A8B8-471F-8D4B-E1642A292506.jpeg
B530B685-1BF1-4923-91DE-4750B94BD746.jpeg

Been out driving the Sprinter my self today