Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Some old Glasgow pictures courtesy of James from the Urban Glasgow forum.

Thanks to pyewacket947v, servo88, Dennis Javelin and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the info, craic and links :smiley:
All credit to SCP for the photo.
Oily

servo88:

Great shot of what was probably an ex Valley Carriers AEC Mustang …from south Wales according to my father …this is an excellent thread ! …Geraint

IMG_9159.JPG

IMG_9049.JPG

Brampton 005.JPG

Haltwhistle road run 031.JPG

Servo I have known Old Jim since around 1967 , The ERF alongside was operated by Stobart Farm Feeds at Newlands mill, Hesket Newmarket. The old wartime red Bedfords are owned by Bob Parker from Kirkoswald, he has taken part in vintage rallies as far back as 1976 that I can remember and has had these two wagons on a road run as far as the North Coast of Scotland. He rallied two International artics ex Jack Bradley Transport Accrington at one time.
Cheers, Leyland 600

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the ‘Pink Pigs’ (a six wheeler) was heading towards Mansfield on monday afternoon when I was heading home from Sleaford, you can’t move around here without seeing a Punchard or three and I think they are trying for World Dominance? :open_mouth: Happen a good job that Bewick Transport packed up when they did, the Punchard empire would soon have swallowed them up and then employed ROF (because he works very cheaply!) to sort out their sheeting and roping! :wink:

Pete.

In the lazy MAN i don’t see them for long , just a dot on the horizon and that includes the Foden

Thanks to servo88 for the pics, a fine input Gordon :smiley:
Oily

All credit to Phil Sangwell for this photo.

servo88:

Lovely looking lorry, look even better with a tag though :slight_smile: