Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Wasn’t the early DROPS contract with Fodens Franky?

oiltreader:
A couple for Gary(gazasa401), all credit to kitemasterbloke for the photos.
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

Hey up Oily I hope you’re keeping safe and well
Thanks for the pictures out of the 3 lorries only the the ERF was a original Stirlands lorry
I passed my HGV class one in the ERF
J964 GLG I went out with long serving Stirlands Driver Ken Redgate for a few weeks
On the day of my test the examiner was amazed when I only used the clutch to start and stop and obviously on test manoeuvres
He asked me why I didn’t use the clutch on gearchanges I said I was taught not to use it on my training
Cheers Gary

gazsa401:

oiltreader:
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

Hey up Oily I hope you’re keeping safe and well
Thanks for the pictures out of the 3 lorries only the the ERF was a original Stirlands lorry
I passed my HGV class one in the ERF
J964 GLG I went out with long serving Stirlands Driver Ken Redgate for a few weeks
On the day of my test the examiner was amazed when I only used the clutch to start and stop and obviously on test manoeuvres
He asked me why I didn’t use the clutch on gearchanges I said I was taught not to use it on my training
Cheers Gary

I knew neither of the Atkis was mine, Gary, I can’t remember the number but it was an L reg I think. Did give a pleasurable little memory jolt though. That Bristol night trunk was a cushy little number and I only left to set up my own business.

Spardo wrote; Wasn’t the early DROPS contract with Fodens Franky?
Yes it was Spardo and the 6x6 was also used for a Gun Tractor, General Cargo and REME Recovery, Rolls engine and Fuller boxes, steering lock wasn’t too good but otherwise no problem cross country. Franky.

649_IMG_8405.jpg

Punchy Dan:
From today .

That load looks like to be illegal unless it was just an “internal” move ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
Saw this old DAF on Monday at the docks in Rotterdam. It looked like it had a hard life, could it have been a ex-Stadtler from Austria unit?

I think you could be right

hqdefault.jpg

IMG_7534_Moment(2).jpg

Cedar cafe road run 038.JPG

Well overweight & divisible

tribsa:
Well overweight & divisible

Who,what,where ? :confused:

Thanks to Frankydobo, Lawrence Dunbar, robthedog and servo88 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Under pressure, Michelin man yer man.

IMG_8584.JPG

robthedog:

pv83:
Saw this old DAF on Monday at the docks in Rotterdam. It looked like it had a hard life, could it have been a ex-Stadtler from Austria unit?

I think you could be right

Ta Rob, does look similar indeed. It had Romanian plates, so after it’s working life in (presumably Austria) it was exported to Romania, and now to the African continent I reckon…

oiltreader:
Thanks to Frankydobo, Lawrence Dunbar, robthedog and servo88 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Under pressure, Michelin man yer man.

Bibendum I think his name was Oily.