Passenger train fuel prices

weeto:

Carryfast:
Blimey the Europhile Daily Mirror moaning about us being ripped off by Europe they couldn’t make it up. :open_mouth: :laughing:

I think it’s the unions that are moaning, as 70% of the UK train operations are now partially or wholley own by foreign states or their railways, France and SNCF being one of the biggest.

Oh wait.How can France be a ‘foreign state’ when it suits them.But we’re all supposed to be united states of one big happy family and country in the form of the EU.With free movement of people,goods and capital,including our net ‘contributions’ for the privilege,when it doesn’t. :unamused:

weeto:
I think it’s the unions that are moaning, as 70% of the UK train operations are now partially or wholley own by foreign states or their railways, France and SNCF being one of the biggest.

I’ve no idea who’s told you that fella, but don’t pay any more attention to them.

With one tiny exception, passenger train operating companies ‘own’ nothing. Trains are leased and the infrastructure is in public ownership.

The only French involvement in UK railways is in two franchises, out of a total of 17. Fair enough, one of those is the biggest of all the franchises, but SNCF owns 70% of a company that has a 35% stake in both of them. The other 65% stake is controlled by a UK-based company (GoAhead) and four of the five long-distance franchises are likewise entirely controlled by UK-based companies. Arriva, which is ultimately owned by the German government, is the largest ‘foreign’ party involved in UK railways.

Before you ask, I know this because part of my job is to know it.

As for unions whining about foreign ‘ownership’ of franchises, it has been proven that they know little about what they speak. A few months ago either the RMT or ASLEF claimed that the Dutch railways had plundered all manner of profit made by Scotrail. It was then revealed by people who know better that the current Scotrail franchise is actually yet to make a profit, and at the time it was in fact being propped up by an eight-figure sum provided by… Dutch railways!

carryfast:
Oh wait.How can France be a ‘foreign state’ when it suits them.But we’re all supposed to be united states of one big happy family and country in the form of the EU.With free movement of people,goods and capital,including our net ‘contributions’ for the privilege,when it doesn’t. :unamused:

As for you, if you took the time to actually find out the truth before chiming in with your usual Little Englander ■■■■■■■■, you wouldn’t have the reputation on here that you do have.

Olog Hai:

carryfast:

As for you, if you took the time to actually find out the truth before chiming in with your usual Little Englander ■■■■■■■■, you wouldn’t have the reputation on here that you do have.

Don’t blame me it was your hypocritical remainer cronies at the Daily Mirror who wrote it not me.While don’t see anything there which isn’t an accurate statement of our ‘responsibilities’ as an EU member state.Yes this is England,not the EUSSR which we’ve voted to leave and if you don’t like it you know where the door is while you’ve still got free movement to zb off and go. :unamused: